Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2022, 07:25 AM

1,913 posts, read 739,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
you mean metal porch furniture has value?
The junkie thieves will take it to the scrapyard, especially anything made out of aluminum. And they'd steal the copper pipes out of vacant houses or newly constructed ones.

I recall reading a story that thieves made off with aluminum bleachers after sporting events.

Everyone will get really tired of the thieves.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:48 AM

437 posts, read 187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Brookline residents ‘fed up’ with feeling unsafe after increase in break-ins, attempted burglary

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/broo...kwv6q6lg8j60gp

Senile Biden's America, yinz guys.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Senile Biden's America, yinz guys.
Such a shame when folks reap what they sow…but at least for Pittsburgh, Big Ed says he has plans, so I’m sure he and the new chief, with help from social workers and the community leaders, will whip these criminals right into shape.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:11 AM

437 posts, read 187,726 times
Quote:
Such a shame when folks reap what they sow…but at least for Pittsburgh, Big Ed says he has plans, so I’m sure he and the new chief, with help from social workers and the community leaders, will whip these criminals right into shape.
It really is a shame. It stems from blind tribalism and brainwashing from the corporate media. I'm certainly willing to give Big Ed a chance and I hope he does well, but I have very strong doubts, EG. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:24 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:

Brookline residents ‘fed up’ with feeling unsafe after increase in break-ins, attempted burglary

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/broo...kwv6q6lg8j60gp
their parents are democrats...bet you anything.

and when one homeowner uses his firearm for protection against an intruder using his freewill to enter someone else's home and violate their security...get the placards ready for another protest and march.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
their parents are democrats...bet you anything.

and when one homeowner uses his firearm for protection against an intruder using his freewill to enter someone else's home and violate their security...get the placards ready for another protest and march.
Bingo…and while Brookline has always been dumpy, what little progress it made in recent years will go down. It’s already gotten some recent bad attention, and I expect it to get worse as I don’t believe for a second folks are interested in putting these clowns behind bars, much less for any period of time.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Bingo…and while Brookline has always been dumpy, what little progress it made in recent years will go down. It’s already gotten some recent bad attention, and I expect it to get worse as I don’t believe for a second folks are interested in putting these clowns behind bars, much less for any period of time.
oh? really, you think so? it may have some drab streets, but it DOES have quite a few beautiful parts to it. the slope between the athletic fields and route 51 are just so nice - i wouldn't buy a home there because of possible mine subsidence, and other reasons, but that is a lovely area.

also, the main drag (i rarely go there anymore) was never that bad. its reconstruction made zipping and and out of parking much easier...i always liked brookline and thought it was one of the better city neighborhoods - definitely top 5, maybe top 3.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
oh? really, you think so? it may have some drab streets, but it DOES have quite a few beautiful parts to it. the slope between the athletic fields and route 51 are just so nice - i wouldn't buy a home there because of possible mine subsidence, and other reasons, but that is a lovely area.

also, the main drag (i rarely go there anymore) was never that bad. its reconstruction made zipping and and out of parking much easier...i always liked brookline and thought it was one of the better city neighborhoods - definitely top 5, maybe top 3.
Standards differ, and while most areas have some good parts of it, I’ve never found it desirable, though it’s certainly better than before…but we’ve said that about other areas…and just look at what’s happened to the Southside. The less worry of consequences the more criminals will sprawl.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:10 PM

987 posts, read 280,318 times
3 Suspects With Alleged Ties To Pagan's Motorcycle Club Facing Drug, Weapons Charges

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...eapons-charges

Old 06-08-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
3 Suspects With Alleged Ties To Pagan's Motorcycle Club Facing Drug, Weapons Charges

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...eapons-charges
real crime wave in Bethel Park - three people in the last, what, like 25 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh