Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 08:03 PM

20 posts, read 3,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
Erie guy fought for this ban, he thinks guns are “icky.”
Indeed. He, she, it fought hard and spent a lot of time to compile this long thread on gun violence being a problem.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan1933 View Post
Indeed. He, she, it fought hard and spent a lot of time to compile this long thread on gun violence being a problem.
Lol. Guns aren’t the problem. Criminal losers are.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:55 PM

468 posts, read 124,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Guns aren’t the problem. Criminal losers are.
Wonderful demonstration of how ridiculous the pro gun argument is. You are a role model to all of us who believe that the way to fight extremism is through absurdity. Thank you for lighting the way. God bless.

Old 09-25-2022, 09:03 PM

468 posts, read 124,521 times
Hey remember that great one about how the war in Ukraine wouldn’t have happened is trump was president. My god, I wish I could give you an award for that one.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:17 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,484,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'll ask you again, I don't think that you answered me the last time: so do you want to see police departments start to get very aggressive about getting guns off the streets? Do you want prosecutors to vow to prosecute anyone caught with a gun to the fullest extent of the law, and for anyone who's caught with a gun to do serious time?
Yes to all of that. I also want to see it become illegal to keep a gun in a vehicle overnight. In the first 5 months of this year, the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. That`s just one city and only 5 months and only the guns that were reported stolen. Vehicles don`t have 2nd amendment rights.

https://tennesseestar.com/2022/06/02...release%20said.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:35 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Yes to all of that. I also want to see it become illegal to keep a gun in a vehicle overnight. In the first 5 months of this year, the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. That`s just one city and only 5 months and only the guns that were reported stolen. Vehicles don`t have 2nd amendment rights.

https://tennesseestar.com/2022/06/02...release%20said.
Earlier you said it was an invisible right wing force that gave guns to those poor innocent murderers.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:37 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,656 times
3 people shot at Kennywood. No comments? Maybe they've been deleted by our resident censor?

Old 09-26-2022, 07:22 AM

10,920 posts, read 4,580,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
3 people shot at Kennywood. No comments? Maybe they've been deleted by our resident censor?
well if we have a resident censor hopefully the troll factor goes way down, but that aside, eyewitness accounts state the entry security was non existent.

when we first moved back we hit kennywood a number of times - even thot about season passes for the kids - until I realized, its not the kennywood I went to. not worth the cost in any fashion. when we did go, you were wanded and your food bags were searched. For the shooter to be armed, either he took a hell of a chance OR security dropped off and they know its been dropped off.

to gain extra $$ the parent company now does festival stuff like this - even long after rides are shut down and apparently the same 'element' of armed, roving gangs of kids that plague other areas in pittsburgh have spread here. it may be the case they have BEEN here for a while, but could not manufacture a reason to shoot. what happened? their train lost on the racer?

This is no different from the murder at the haunted hayride last fall by me - nowhere near pitt. So we have another place were risk outweighs reward or at least fun factor.

You want all racist overtones to leave the scene, but when the report is ALWAYS the same - black teen in a hoodie, oft with a mask, holding a gun he is not allowed to own let alone carry...in this 'see something say something' society...well....do the math. The targeted group of teens were from woodland hills it is being reported...we just played them friday, saw the band, and while people were getting shot watching their band at the PIMBA at yough. someone, somewhere, needs to clamp down. These constant shootings are the real existential risk to us.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:26 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,062,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
what is there to say? is that any different from last year's murder at the Haunted Hills Hayride? Or the TWO fights at city high schools recently?
there have been people who have shot their way through elementary schools, churches, and synagogues.

based on what a witness gave to a local news station, it sounds like Kennywood is in deep trouble, because of the failure in security.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:00 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,964,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
The NRA does more for gun safety than any other organization.

They certainly don't teach black people to hold their guns sideways and fire into crowds of innocent people.
I am black and my aim is excellent. Most black folks especially the ones that I know have no need to fire into a crowd. The generalized blanket statements are idiotic. Imagine if I used blanket statements for white people? Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh