Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 04:29 PM

611 posts, read 365,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. By that definition the numbers are toxic.

Yeah, most would agree that when 2/3 of the counties in the country having more deaths than births is not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 04:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
Yeah, most would agree that when 2/3 of the counties in the country having more deaths than births is not good.
Numbers can be helped. Realize why people are leaving and not coming and fix the issues. Look at where folks are going and why they’re going, and make one’s own area/s more greener so folks don’t go elsewhere.

Old 03-26-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Numbers can be helped. Realize why people are leaving and not coming and fix the issues. Look at where folks are going and why they’re going, and make one’s own area/s more greener so folks don’t go elsewhere.

The Census noted the surge in natural decline. I'm referring to it, which has been a serious issue for the region for decades, but more recently is impacting a lot of the country - but you gotta be your toxic self.
I get it. Gotta get in those talking points. It's not liked you haven't inserted them and your other in almost every thread in the Pittsburgh forum. Congrats.

Old 03-26-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
The Census noted the surge in natural decline. I'm referring to it, which has been a serious issue for the region for decades, but more recently is impacting a lot of the country - but you gotta be your toxic self.
I get it. Gotta get in those talking points. It's not liked you haven't inserted them and your other in almost every thread in the Pittsburgh forum. Congrats.
What you’re forgetting is that Pittsburgh and the area gained population in the last census. Just because an area goes through natural decline doesn’t mean it can’t do things to keep folks and get them to move to an area to make up for it. What you consider toxic is simply reality. Look at areas where folks are staying and/or moving to, and emulate them. Inserting fixes and facts isn’t being toxic, it’s reality and solutions.

Old 03-26-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
What you’re forgetting is that Pittsburgh and the area gained population in the last census. Just because an area goes through natural decline doesn’t mean it can’t do things to keep folks and get them to move to an area to make up for it. What you consider toxic is simply reality. Look at areas where folks are staying and/or moving to, and emulate them. Inserting fixes and facts isn’t being toxic, it’s reality and solutions.

Wrong. I didn't forget anything. It's simply not what I'm referring to. You are deflecting to it, like you always do. You have a script. You are toxic. Look at this forum because of you.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I didn't forget anything. It's simply not what I'm referring to. You are deflecting to it, like you always do. You have a script. You are toxic. Look at this forum because of you.
Nothing toxic about recognizing a problem and finding ways to fix it. If it gets ignored it will only get worse. Pittsburgh and areas can get it’s numbers back up. Just have to make it more desirable to folks wants and needs.

Old 03-26-2022, 10:55 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Honestly, at this point, the annual estimates mean nothing to me. The population of the city of Pittsburgh was estimated to have fallen below 300,000 in 2007; it stayed above 300,000 in both the 2010 and 2020 Censuses. The population of the Pittsburgh MSA was estimated to have declined every year from 2013-2019; it grew in the 2020 Census. Estimates are unofficial; decennial Census counts are official.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Honestly, at this point, the annual estimates mean nothing to me. The population of the city of Pittsburgh was estimated to have fallen below 300,000 in 2007; it stayed above 300,000 in both the 2010 and 2020 Censuses. The population of the Pittsburgh MSA was estimated to have declined every year from 2013-2019; it grew in the 2020 Census. Estimates are unofficial; decennial Census counts are official.

Exactly.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:06 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,685,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Where did it say that? From my recollection the census estimates year after year during the 2010s was very favorable. I didn’t believe them and they weren’t too far off when the official 2020 census was released. I was wrong not believing them because it was 80 years since our region had a positive census.

So what makes these estimate numbers for 2021 incorrect? The pandemic has really hurt pittsburgh along with other cities. The local economy was fragile here to begin with. One recession or economic earthquake event was gonna push us back to the negative. We depend on the schools and immigrants to prop up our population. That’s been nil the last two years.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:38 AM

220 posts, read 146,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Where did it say that? From my recollection the census estimates year after year during the 2010s was very favorable. I didn’t believe them and they weren’t too far off when the official 2020 census was released. I was wrong not believing them because it was 80 years since our region had a positive census.

So what makes these estimate numbers for 2021 incorrect? The pandemic has really hurt pittsburgh along with other cities. The local economy was fragile here to begin with. One recession or economic earthquake event was gonna push us back to the negative. We depend on the schools and immigrants to prop up our population. That’s been nil the last two years.
Yeah true, when the 2020 Census numbers wer taken, we were only 3 weeks into the pandemic. I exepct the city to likely drop more this decade due to it as with most urban areas across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh