Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:52 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
Statement from Pittsburgh Mayor Ed Gainey on the Supreme Court Overturning Roe v. Wade

"Abortion is healthcare and denying the right to bodily autonomy of women, trans men, non-binary, and disabled people in America is stripping them of their fundamental right to privacy. Abortion is still legal in Pennsylvania and I will do whatever it takes to protect and defend that right in Pittsburgh and across our entire Commonwealth."

https://pittsburghpa.gov/press-relea...-releases/5765
So sayeth Gainey on Friday the 24th.

Meanwhile, Gainey on Saturday the 25th:
Quote:
Target 11 has learned that the City of Pittsburgh has begun sending out disciplinary letters to police officers. In the letter, officers are told that their claim for a religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine has been denied and if they don’t get vaccinated by August, their employment will be terminated.

It’s unclear how many letters the city sent out, but sources tell Target 11 as many as 200 officers may have received them.
https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/targ...FO5FBEKZWW65M/
There are 850 officers total. This is 23.5% of the force. During a time when violence in the city is utterly out of control.

How does this make any sense - from a practical point of view, or from a hypocrisy point of view?

Friday - I support bodily autonomy and medical privacy.
Saturday - if you dont do what I demand with your body, and tell me about it, then Imma fire you.

If the left didnt have double standards, they wouldnt have any standards at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 06:06 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

There are 850 officers total. This is 23.5% of the force. During a time when violence in the city is utterly out of control.

How does this make any sense - from a practical point of view, or from a hypocrisy point of view?

Saturday - if you dont do what I demand with your body, and tell me about it, then Imma fire you.

If the left didnt have double standards, they wouldnt have any standards at all.
The hypocrisy is priceless. I’d love to see the entire force walk. Big Ed would be crying for them back in less than a week.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The hypocrisy is priceless. I’d love to see the entire force walk. Big end would be crying for them back in less than a week.
LOL - not until after he went to Oakland and started handing out badges at Pitt's School of Social Work and the Graduate School of Public Health

Old 06-28-2022, 06:18 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
LOL - not until after he went to Oakland and started handing out badges at Pitt's School of Social Work and the Graduate School of Public Health
Time to unleash those folks, and don’t forget the oh so brave community leaders. Whip the criminals right into shape, and appease the anti-police folks.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:37 AM

468 posts, read 123,597 times
Quote:

Why harp on the "the left" here - what is the polling on this issue? In addition to the fact that the magnitude of what is being asked of these officers does not, in any reasonable sense, compare to asking a woman to carry a pregnancy to term -- the officer still has bodily autonomy -- they can choose to leave their job if they do not want the vaccine. I'm sorry, but that is still more bodily autonomy than woman will be left with in many states -- and, frankly, while a woman can choose to leave their state, I think think that: (1) this is a much more significant than simply leaving a job; and (2) some within the Republican party would implement nationwide abortion restrictions.

So, on the flipside, if we have no mandates, take the case of an early 50s police officer who is clinically obese -- I would say a key individual for whom the vaccine would make sense. If this fellow doesn't take the vaccine and gets a severe case of Covid, and ends up in the hospital for several weeks, and then has diminished lung capacity thereafter -- does the public have to pay for these extraordinary expenses that could have been lessened or eliminated with the vaccine. Where is the concept of personal responsibility here?

Old 06-28-2022, 07:16 AM

I would really love for someone on the other side of the vaccine mandate issue to tell me whether the Catholic Church, which (as a fundamental tenant of its mission) has shown a commitment to life, and which is both pro-life (anti-abortion) and pro-vaccine, can require students at Catholic High Schools to get vaccinated -- even if such students claim to have a "religious" exemption. Must a Catholic/religious school which requires vaccines as part of its religious mission, go against such mission to honor someone else's religious beliefs?

Old 06-28-2022, 07:48 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
I don't think there there are any Catholic schools mandating students get the dangerous, experimental Idiot Jab.

But yeah, aborted human fetal tissue in vaccines. Sounds like a winner to me.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Given the sheer number of riots in the summer of 2020, one can safely assume that there will be some overlap in the participants of the riots and the fire bombings of pro-life pregnancy centers and churches, too.

The other factor to consider is that the Democrats who participate in riots know that there are soft on crime district attorneys who won't press charges and they also know that the corporate media will have their backs and sit on the stories since the corporate media is on their side.

Just look at Antifa, for example. They only riot in cities that have strict gun laws (which are all un-Constitutional). Antifa are nothing but Democrat operatives. Antifa even killed a Trump supporter:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/30/how-a-...ump-supporter/

But Antifa is just an idea, according to Senile Joe. Yeah, that idea killed an individual. And that murder barely got mentioned in the corporate media.
My father and every other WW2 veteran were or still are Antifa. Was it Antifa who attacked 130 cops and smeared feces on the walls of our Capitol? Whoever it was is responsible for more than one (1) death.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I don't think there there are any Catholic schools mandating students get the dangerous, experimental Idiot Jab.

Nice piece on Catholic position on Covid vaccine from the NCR, albeit 9 months old:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/opini...hurch-teaching

Sorry Sv -- you're entitled to your opinion, but yours is not the position of the Catholic Church, which has a commitment to life and which is both anti-abortion and pro-vaccine.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:32 AM

10,812 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post

I had to get the dangerous experimental idiot jab...to keep my job. I played by the rules. but now that orange man gone and the evacuation order lifted, those who were in conscientious objector status are now magically ok...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh