Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 06:03 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times

Advertisements

all right.....first, the detractors who do not like DeSantis.

Why? Explain....then the other side can voice whey they SUPPORT DeSantis.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:24 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
all right.....first, the detractors who do not like DeSantis.

Why? Explain....then the other side can voice whey they SUPPORT DeSantis.
I don't trust any politician, no matter the party. Until one comes along who promises to cut the federal government by at least 50%, I'm not going for the bait. Promising to prosecute corruption can only happen after the bureaucracy is neutered.

Old 08-13-2022, 04:14 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I don't trust any politician, no matter the party. Until one comes along who promises to cut the federal government by at least 50%, I'm not going for the bait. Promising to prosecute corruption can only happen after the bureaucracy is neutered.

where do you want to cut? and FIFTY %???

if anything, i think we honestly need to raise taxes across the board. the debt is out of control.

Old 08-13-2022, 04:30 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
where do you want to cut? and FIFTY %???

if anything, i think we honestly need to raise taxes across the board. the debt is out of control.
Folks are greatly struggling as it is due to this clown regime and you want to make it worse. Giving this regime more money to pls with shouldn’t ever happen.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...analysis-shows

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ces-accelerate

No worries though. Sleepy Joe said he’s going to tax the rich. Wonder when that’s going to happen. 724 billionaires and Dems hire 87,000 IRS agents, lol.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-13-2022 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-13-2022, 10:51 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,192 times
Oh, another person that has been conned into carrying the elite's water. Erieguy, if the IRS wanted to hound you for your bingo winnings, they could do so in the blink of the the eye. What they cannot do is easily take on the ultra rich with their fancy lawyers and accountants, that is who hates this bill. But they have conned you into thinking this effects you. But I get it, I don't think I need to go out on a limb in saying that the right only cares about law enforcement when its targeted towards others. I mean, who doesn't take home work from a job they were just fired from?

Last edited by Tweb66; 08-13-2022 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: verb tense

Old 08-13-2022, 10:55 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Oh, another person that has been conned into carrying the elite's water. Erieguy, if the IRS wanted to hound you for your bingo winnings, they could do so in the blink of the the eye. What they cannot do is easily take on the ultra rich with their fancy lawyers and accountants, that is who hates this bill. But they have conned you into thinking this effects you. But I get it, I don't think I need to go out on a limb in saying that the right only cares about law enforcement when its targeted towards others. I mean, who doesn't take home work from a job they were just fired from?
Lol at fancy lawyers and accountants. Playing by the tax laws is simply unpopular to many and they cry it’s not fair.

But Sleepy Joe said he was taxing the rich more, lol. Perhaps if there weren’t fewer folks paying federal income tax they wouldn’t have to hire so many agents to look for more money

Old 08-14-2022, 12:18 AM

I have no idea what you just said or what your point was. Again, utter gibberish. I challenge anyone to make sense of what that meant. "Playing the tax laws is simply unpopular to many and they cry it's not fair", wow, I've listened to Helen Keller speeches that were easier to follow.

Separately, I will start a crowdfunding campaign so ErieGuy can take "Conversational English" classes at his local community college.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:33 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
I have no idea what you just said or what your point was. Again, utter gibberish. I challenge anyone to make sense of what that meant. "Playing the tax laws is simply unpopular to many and they cry it's not fair", wow, I've listened to Helen Keller speeches that were easier to follow.

Separately, I will start a crowdfunding campaign so ErieGuy can take "Conversational English" classes at his local community college.
You probably shouldn't have mixed up "effect" and "affect" (post #75) if you were about to insult someone's English (post #77).

Anyway, you've inadvertently hit on a key tenet of Trumpism/right-wing populism, which is, if they can do this stuff to rich people, imagine what they can do to you. That's why when you scoff and say, they don't care about your piddling earnings...it just doesn't land. Not saying the Trump supporters are wrong or right, but their response will often be, if I can't even be reasonably free of this nonsense from my government if I were to become rich, what hope do I have if I don't?

Old 08-14-2022, 12:44 AM

You obviously never had a conversation with a live human, mixing up "effect" and "affect" is a grammatical error, not a conversational one. But I am sure your grammar police policies are super popular at parties. But, point taken, I can take a hit.

On your second point, I understand it, but I don't agree with it. I don't think Trump supporters are saying that if they become rich they will be subjected to IRS audits. No, they are saying as they are now, rich or poor, that they will be a target. So its time I repeat myself, if you are a normal income doing normal things, stop worrying. If the IRS's goal was to go after poker winnings, you would have been crushed years ago. No, this is for the people that can hire lawyers and CPAs.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:29 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times
What part of the inflation reduction act scares the rich?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh