Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,821,015 times

Advertisements

I think the give and take with the T is why PA politics hasn't degenerated quite the same way they have in NJ (although we're no model government)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Let's hear it for PA! And Ohio, too, I guess. Oh yeah, and Virginia and probably Indiana and North Carolina and freaking FLORIDA.

I can't wait to listen to talk radio tomorrow.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:29 PM

570 posts, read 1,411,760 times
Blowouttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,756 times
happy, proud, redeemed, patriotic, hopeful, excited, affirmed, generous, big, inspired, inclusive, global, forgiving, I feel all these things today and expect more in the weeks and months to come...

let's all cut the bull**** now, remember that we're all in this together, and let's get about the business of putting this country, this world back together. I have a feeling that all any of us ever wanted was to leave a better country/world to our children. I honestly think that with that in mind we will find that we have a lot more in common than we have differences, much more that joins us than what pulls us apart.

Today I love this country, and all of the people who call it home, and if Obama can deliver, if he hits the ground running, and begins to implement positive change with the economy first on his agenda, I fully expect most Americans to see it, and then to be grateful for it, and to become in time willing, grateful converts.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 AM

84 posts, read 259,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver1 View Post

What planet are you on? She's a national joke.
I challenge you to show me how Obama has more experience than Palin? Look past that she's a hockey mom and he's a good speaker and give some real facts.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVYinzer View Post
I challenge you to show me how Obama has more experience than Palin? Look past that she's a hockey mom and he's a good speaker and give some real facts.
Come on man. The lady didn't even know Africa was a continent. Enough said. I really feel that only very uneducated and unintelligent people actually feel that she could lead anything past Glady's wood Elementary School PTA. However, the 4th grade children at the school know more facts than her, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Her time spent in Alaska is a joke. Everything she says is a lie. Her bridge to nowhere, her kicking out lobbyist. Lie, Lie, and more Lies. She was the first to hire a lobbyist, and she took the money for the bridge to nowhere, and kept it. She didn't say "thanks, but no thanks"

She handed out the most land permits in Wasilla to big box stores. All she did as mayor was allow big box stores sprawl around Wasilla. A week and horrible display of leadership to ***** her town out to big businesses.

She is a bimbo that took 5 schools for 8 years to get a Journalism degree.

Obama:
A Doctors degree from Harvard studing America's constitution.

Challenging Bush on the war in Iraq when everybody else was along for the ride.

His work in the senate has been exceptional, and he is proven to be a very intelligent and great leader.

This whole experience crap that republicans come up with is BS anyways. A great intellectual politician makes it to the top in the shortest time.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 AM

52 posts, read 122,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Come on man. The lady didn't even know Africa was a continent. Enough said. I really feel that only very uneducated and unintelligent people actually feel that she could lead anything past Glady's wood Elementary School PTA. However, the 4th grade children at the school know more facts than her, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Her time spent in Alaska is a joke. Everything she says is a lie. Her bridge to nowhere, her kicking out lobbyist. Lie, Lie, and more Lies. She was the first to hire a lobbyist, and she took the money for the bridge to nowhere, and kept it. She didn't say "thanks, but no thanks"

She handed out the most land permits in Wasilla to big box stores. All she did as mayor was allow big box stores sprawl around Wasilla. A week and horrible display of leadership to ***** her town out to big businesses.

She is a bimbo that took 5 schools for 8 years to get a Journalism degree.

Obama:
A Doctors degree from Harvard studing America's constitution.

Challenging Bush on the war in Iraq when everybody else was along for the ride.

His work in the senate has been exceptional, and he is proven to be a very intelligent and great leader.

This whole experience crap that republicans come up with is BS anyways. A great intellectual politician makes it to the top in the shortest time.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM

487 posts, read 1,380,401 times
The time to debate the candidates' qualifications has passed.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:17 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy36win View Post
The time to debate the candidates' qualifications has passed.

I agree, and even as a Obama supporter I will be questioning my leader on January 20th with anything he does that I don't agree with. I am not one of those blind Obama supporters that will follow him with anything he does.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVYinzer View Post
Executive experience isn't a prerequisite for the job. Judgment in choosing your yes-men and -women is what it's all about.

I can't believe anybody finds that woman, much less John "SNL sketch" McCain, presidential.

She won't be back. Mark my words. And worry about Bobby Jindal. He's their Obama and is also a delusional christian zealot. And he's "of color". He's next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh