Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 AM

7 posts, read 16,522 times

Advertisements

I just moved here and I'm looking for a trustworthy mechanic for my Toyota Camry. I live in Swissvale, but I'd be willing to drive across town for an affordable shop that wont take advantage of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,754 times
don't go to rorich toyota on w. liberty ave
they suck

Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM

70 posts, read 172,772 times
bash auto, south side, e carson +21 st, very efficient, very good price
but the autoshop is a bit old dont be scared

Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 AM

387 posts, read 471,338 times
Try Denipa Auto on Noblestown Road--412 921-2731 .

It's right in West End--I've been going there for 10 yrs--Ask for Perry--he's owner/operator--he's honest and reliable.

Good thing is that this place is not a franchize/corporate type of place--So you're never paying for all the extra advertizing and etc on top of your bill.
You'll never have to worry about mechanics working on sales/commission, here-no one tries to sell you something you do not need ever-the owners are your mechanics.

LOL they don't even advertise in yellow pages etc-so you won't find their # there- But they don't need to either--all business is by word of mouth--your service is personal, honest,and friendly-they know your name and remember you. This is why they have so much repeat business--Not many places can operate this way!

To give you an idea of their expertise--I found out about this place from a friend of mine who has several expensive (30) classic exotic collectible cars...Aston Martin's, Ferrari's, Benz's etc...This is where he takes them for inspection etc-
-LOL--I had a 20 yr old AMC Eagle, and an old 4 cyl pontiac--now I have a 15 yr old oldsmobile--So from the rich cars to the poor ones-you're treated the same, and their prices are always great.

The only downside I can think of is that they do not have weekend hours. They're dad's with families.

BTW, I am very picky--my father and grand pap were both mechanics, it was the family business--It was very hard for me to find a reliable honest mechanic when my dad couldn't do my cars anymore. I went through several places that I was very unhappy with before I found this place.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM

32 posts, read 101,227 times
Tom's in Baldwin.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 PM

105 posts, read 366,796 times
Homer in Greenfield/Squirrel Hill, Murray Avenue at Lilac St, across from the Giant Eagle.

Constantine in Oakland--a little hard to find, basically behind the Software Engineering Institute, and the RAND building.

Both are honest and small, family-run. If your Camry is still under warranty, the guys at Constantine will warn you not to use their services until the warranty runs out so they don't give Toyota a way to claim that you voided the warranty by going somewhere other than a dealer.

Rohrich does ok work--they just charge a lot.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:49 PM

911 posts, read 2,375,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likepgh View Post

Rohrich does ok work--they just charge a lot.

rohrich sucks

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...on-center.html

Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_lea84 View Post
I just moved here and I'm looking for a trustworthy mechanic for my Toyota Camry. I live in Swissvale, but I'd be willing to drive across town for an affordable shop that wont take advantage of me.
Try Calfant Auto in East Pgh,Bart Dunston is the owner.He is a good mechanic and prices are reasonable.I'm sure the number is in the phone book.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:09 PM

114 posts, read 350,404 times
Walter's - Baum Blvd
Just google it and you'll see all the raving reviews

Old 02-08-2009, 05:48 PM

105 posts, read 366,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
Sorry, I was talking about the Toyota dealership for routine service--not the body shop and just based on our experience taking our Camry there. I guess I should have made both those things clear.

Thanks for posting about their body shop--we have a couple of dings on our car (close encounters with a parking garage pillar) and we will be sure not to take it there when we finally getting around to fixing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh