Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 03:38 PM

374 posts, read 1,287,654 times

Advertisements

I may start my search to purchase my first home and I like what I've seen in Murrysville. What school district would my three school aged children be a part of, Income ratios, and how diverse is it. Basically any info is good info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 03:54 PM

22,728 posts, read 47,965,487 times
https://www.city-data.com/city/Munici...nsylvania.html

not first person, but a good start!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM

oops!

forgot to include
Municipality of Murrysville, PA

Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Sounds like a great up and coming place but it's not that diverse.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
Sounds like a great up and coming place but it's not that diverse.
Very little of Western PA is....

Old 07-08-2009, 05:01 PM

119 posts, read 461,501 times
I grew up in Murrysville as an ethnic minority. Ethnically and socially, Murrysville is still fairly homogeneous (94% white). The Asian population is visible and pretty large for the Pittsburgh Area (almost 5%). The growing African American population remains small, but eastward out-migration patterns (Penn Hills, Monroeville, Plum) suggest that the black community in Murrysville will continue to increase, slowly and gradually. The school district, Franklin Regional, is strong academically, and holds its own in sports. Franklin sometimes gets tagged as 'stuck up' and 'elitist' from rival districts, but I'd say those accusations were always overblown.

For the suburbs its a good place to raise a family, with lots of community activities and well supported youth sports organizations. For the most part though, having a parent who can drive kids around to activities is necessary, as things can be spaced out between subdivisions. Even so, most areas are still within walking distance to a public park, and where I grew up we could walk 10-15 minutes to a shopping area where we bought candy and pop.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:14 AM

44 posts, read 117,033 times
I love when people think sprawly places = up and coming

Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM

What would you consider it then standing in my shoes? Seriously if you did not feel like posting anything useful why post at all?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 12,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.davon24 View Post
I may start my search to purchase my first home and I like what I've seen in Murrysville. What school district would my three school aged children be a part of, Income ratios, and how diverse is it. Basically any info is good info.

Murrysville is an *excellent* place to raise kids. The school district is quite good, particularly at the HS level. As for diversity, there is some, with many professionals living in the area who care deeply in their childrens' education and who participate and volunteer.

There are beautiful parks, bike trails, and Murrysville is a quick hop into Pittsburgh, with all its amenities. Murrysville is located in Westmoreland County and not Allegheny County, so the taxes are less.

I'd move back in a flash if/when the opportunity presented/presents itself.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh