Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:13 AM

20 posts, read 67,052 times

Advertisements

And I mean the city school district, not the many surrounding area school districts.

Please help me out here, I’m in a panic…
We are currently in what I consider a good public school district in the North Hills but we suddenly need to move to a house we own in the city of Pittsburgh.

I’ve researched the numbers, stats, and scores but now I’d like to any personal experiences. Anyone with children who are currently enrolled ?
I am specifically interested in any info about Minadeo elementary.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 06:23 PM

781 posts, read 1,618,976 times
We recently moved from IL (Feb) and we have a son in 2nd grade at Minadeo. We have been very happy with the school. The curricilulum is much more challenging than his previous school.

Don't panic!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times
Which Pittsburgh neighborhoods attend Minadeo?

Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
We recently moved from IL (Feb) and we have a son in 2nd grade at Minadeo. We have been very happy with the school. The curricilulum is much more challenging than his previous school.

Don't panic!
Finally, someone with an enrollee - Thank You.
(Whew - I was getting nervous.)

I guess the panic mainly stems from the fact that my son (my first born) will be starting Kindergarten and he’s already registered here, did the orientation, picked the teacher, etc. and then all of a sudden I now have less than 4 months to up-root, re-group & start all over in new territory. This will be my son’s 4th move and he’s only 5. I get queasy just thinking about it.

We did all the researching and hand wringing when we decided to buy where we are now. Argh, I don't want to do this all over again.

So your son has been at Minadeo only 2 months now?

Old 04-29-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Which Pittsburgh neighborhoods attend Minadeo?
I’m really not sure.
The last time I went through all this ( ‘bout 2 years ago ) I recall that the Pittsburgh Schools’ website told you the neighborhoods that fed into each school - doesn’t seem to be the case now:
http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/Minadeo.asp (broken link)

But I think it’s mostly Southern Squirrel Hill, Greenfield, and Homewood, but could it also include parts of Hazelwood too since that’s just down over the hill ( via Hazelwood Ave.) ?

Oh, and it would be Sterrett (sp?) Classical Academy for middle school, then Alderdice HS - which is HUGE !

Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM

781 posts, read 1,618,976 times
I actually live in Regent square and a sliver of it feeds into Minadeo. Here is a street guide that may help you.

http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/SIS/StreetDirectory.asp (broken link)

I look up each address I am interested in. One block away can be Colfax school.

We are currently renting and since our house in IL is closing in June we have just started house hunting. My son's teacher said the closer to the school the better, because there are a lot of kids.

Your son's story sounds like my oldest son's early life! He actually moved 2 weeks into Kindergarten. He attended 4 different cities for his education. He is graduating this year, (He stayed back to finish HS) is on National Honor Society & is going to a great University next year.

Let me know when you move! I don't know anyone yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh