Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,377 times

Advertisements

See here's the problem with this particular situation....people love their Steelers, and will defend them to the death. Look past the fact that Ben is a Steeler, and use your head. It's VERY WELL KNOWN that Ben is a total tool and a major jerk around town at the various clubs and bar scenes. It's a fact that he treats servers like dirt and is a womanizer, it's out there...but not as well known as Jeff Reed and his lovely behavior(google picture search "Jeff Reed" it's a hoot...probably about 12 pictures of him shirtless, drunk, and groping women before you even see a football picture) because Ben's the town "hero" and QB, not the kicker. Ben is 100% capable of being everything that he's been accused of, plain and simple..the man gets around. We're not talking about 34 year old family man Tommy Maddox...this is good ol' boys, frat-like drunken Ben.

The QB is a sacred thing in Pittsburgh, we all know that...but this guy has time and time again displayed his idiocy for all to see. Need we look back at the post Super Bowl motorcycle incident that literally cost the team an entire season? The guy needs to grow up and realize that he's representing a damn good city and all of its people. Whether he's guilty or not, you know very well that in the very least that the big dummy was at it again with his usual behavior and placing himself in a situation that he shouldn't have been anywhere near to begin with. He's been ID'd by bystanders and workers as being with the woman who's making the allogations..I think it's more or less a question of "was it consentual or not" as opposed to "did he or didn't he". Either way, this was not the girl for him to be tooling around with, and the result is pretty much deserved.

...such a role model, it makes me cringe when I see a kid wearing Ben's jersey.

Last edited by TelecasterBlues; 03-07-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Rainbow 24 View Post
I think that sooner or later, Ben is going to mess with the wrong woman and she is going to nail his butt to the wall.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Ben is a target, as are all Steelers, for some reason, he doesn't know how to act in public. He needs a supervisor at all times.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:22 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,182,657 times
I was loathe to bring this up, but I need to get it off my chest:

Several weeks ago I saw Ben at a restaurant. I followed him into the bathroom asking for his autograph. At first he seemed gracious and kind, but then he got pushy. Right after he got done writing "To Iwonderwhy2124 From, Ben" on the napkin he held me down and sexually assaulted me. Being a man, I am embarrassed to admit this and I'm having a difficult time deciding whether or not to go to the police.
I feel used and scarred. How could he have done this to me?

However, in his defense, he did give me a kiss afterward and tried to make it right.

As an aside, I actually would like to hang out with Jeff Reed. He seems like he'd be fun to get loaded with.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:29 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,708,359 times
Unlike so many who have already convicted Ben, I was not actually at the bar in GA that night and have no idea what happened.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times
Just for the record, Ben was accused of sexual assault, not rape.

Sexual Assault: Sexual Assault occurs when the act is intentional and is committed either by a) physical force, violence, threat, or intimidation; b) ignoring the objections of another person; c) causing another's intoxication or impairment through the use of drugs or alcohol; or d) taking advantage of another person's incapacitation, state of intimidation, helplessness, or other inability to consent.

Now, how many men can say that in their younger days they never tried to get a woman drunk to loosen them up a little? How many of us guys have been drunk at a party at innapropriately touched another woman? It happens. I've done it myself. Of course, I'm just a nobody and girls either go with it, slap me, or laugh it off. When you're a millionaire and grab another female's breasts or behind, this is what happens. The problem here is that Ben is 28 and still thinks he's back in college and hanging out at frat parties. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees aren't doing this stuff. Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin are younger than Ben and aren't doing this stuff. He needs to grow up and realize that he's not in college anymore.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM

48 posts, read 146,914 times
Let's not forget, he is from Ohio.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Just for the record, Ben was accused of sexual assault, not rape.

Sexual Assault: Sexual Assault occurs when the act is intentional and is committed either by a) physical force, violence, threat, or intimidation; b) ignoring the objections of another person; c) causing another's intoxication or impairment through the use of drugs or alcohol; or d) taking advantage of another person's incapacitation, state of intimidation, helplessness, or other inability to consent.

Now, how many men can say that in their younger days they never tried to get a woman drunk to loosen them up a little? How many of us guys have been drunk at a party at innapropriately touched another woman? It happens. I've done it myself. Of course, I'm just a nobody and girls either go with it, slap me, or laugh it off. When you're a millionaire and grab another female's breasts or behind, this is what happens. The problem here is that Ben is 28 and still thinks he's back in college and hanging out at frat parties. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees aren't doing this stuff. Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin are younger than Ben and aren't doing this stuff. He needs to grow up and realize that he's not in college anymore.
I think "sexual assault" is simply the legal term for what is referred to by lay-people as rape.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:37 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Oh my, my.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,703 times
I bartend on the southside, Ben is a first class jerk. Not at all surprised this has happened again.

Ben isn't the only young athlete who's an idiot. Malkin is a party boy and acts like a drunken fool. Ditto Hines Ward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh