Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The minutemen are anti-immigration? I thought that they were anti-illegal immigration. It really is difficult for some to grasp that the difference between legal and illegal immigration is pretty damn huge.
I know! That IL really throws them off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
I thought that "Congress shall make no law" meant that his right to arm himself was sacrosanct.

Get your amendment's correct.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Poster child for the right.
Lets see I dont see any proof do we have any. It is so nice that everyone is guilty before proven innocent and maybe just maybe he was pissed off at is ex because of some threats she made of her own about his kids. Even if he had a restraining order you cant have the guns removed. PS if he did have them removed he would just get guns from other sources. What is to say she cant arm herself :-)
After all under the 2nd amendment she can arm herself and or be a liberal victim and wait for the police to show up.
Either way violent people will do what they want with what ever tool it means that is if he even threatened her.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
I didn't bother to read the link but thought the OP was in desperate need of an education on truth. He posted:

[Chris Simcox, the former leader of the anti-immigration Minuteman movement, was slapped with a restraining order that prohibits him from contacting his estranged wife Alena Simcox and their children, after allegedly threatening his family on several occasions. He was also ordered to surrender all of his weapons.]

Of course that is nothing more than repeating the usual left winger lies. It should have read:

[Chris Simcox, the former leader of the anti-ILLEGAL immigration Minuteman movement, was slapped with a restraining order that prohibits him from contacting his estranged wife Alena Simcox and their children, after allegedly threatening his family on several occasions. He was also ordered to surrender all of his weapons.]

Old 06-09-2010, 04:24 PM

4,564 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Does it occur to u,illegal lovers & anti-gun,that his estranged may be a b*tch who seeks to defame her ex,for custody,for money,for...profit..?
entirely possible, do the gun lovers realize he may be an overly aggressive/jealous psycho and may be making the wife fear for her life?

Without more details and an ability to see how their marraige was and their current relationship, its hard to determine isn't it?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course his weapons should be confiscated, as he is a threat to his wife.

At least he did not kill people, like the leftists nutjob professor in Alabama and the left wing but job at the Pentagon. I wonder if there would have been deaths had they had thier guns taken away?

why should his weapons be confiscated?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:06 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why should his weapons be confiscated?

Some states require anyone under a domestic order of protection/restraining order to surrender his/her firearms.
MD is one such state. A result of a number of wives, or their children in a few cases, being murdered by their estranged husbands while subject to a restraining order.
I don't know if that's the case in this situation (the requirement to surrender firearms).

Old 06-09-2010, 07:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course his weapons should be confiscated, as he is a threat to his wife.

At least he did not kill people, like the leftists nutjob professor in Alabama and the left wing but job at the Pentagon. I wonder if there would have been deaths had they had thier guns taken away?
Nice try at deflection. My favorite right-wing nutjob minuteman-militia poster child is Shawna Forde. Who's yours?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Some states require anyone under a domestic order of protection/restraining order to surrender his/her firearms.
MD is one such state. A result of a number of wives, or their children in a few cases, being murdered by their estranged husbands while subject to a restraining order.
I don't know if that's the case in this situation (the requirement to surrender firearms).

dont care, if he has bad intentions towards her, then not having a firearm does nothing. after all he could use a knife, baseball bat, sword or anything else to include his car.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
You are wasting your time, lefties are missing a brain cell that prevents logical thoughts.
(The meek shall inherit the earth but its still gonna need conservatives to run/fund it!)
If the brain cell we are missing prevents logical thoughts, then we are glad to be missing it. We like our logical thoughts and don't want to prevent them.

On the other hand, your statement seems to suggest that you are not missing it. Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies