Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I was thinking, it is going to be 2 years since Mr Obama was elected and so far he has not done anything or accomplished anything significant in my opinion. Maybe some see Obamacare as an "accomplishment" but the company I am working for as a temporary contractor had to pay out $150 million dollars due to Obamacare and have just instituted a hiring freeze. I could work as hard as I can for the next two years of my contract but I have no hopes of getting hired on.

The hiring freeze could also be due to the massive recession and lack of demand going on. Of course it is easier to blame Obama.

I thought about purchasing a home but I am not even able to find a permanent job, I feel so stuck and I feel like 2012 will be here soon and we will still be dealing with this ridiculous employment situation.

Blame the private sector and the years of inflating bubble left by the predecessors, to blame Obama for not being able to fix a mess that took the better part of a decade to create in less than 2 years, when the Republicans are throwing up every road block possible, is childish and naive

Like I was explaining to my Liberal family members, any Republican candidate promising jobs will be elected by a landslide, unfortunately Mr Obama has not done anything that would make me want him to stay in the White House for another 4 years, I think, anybody who can create good jobs will have my vote in 2012.
No Republican candidate can promise that and deliver. Their mantra is tax cuts and hope for trickle down. Most of what that did with Bush was create the bubble that we saw burst 2 years ago (and are still feeling the effects of) and place us into further debt. Even if they could cut spending, that would mean jobs being cut. More than likely, decent paying jobs, which will further hurt the economy.

No president can create jobs. Nor will any legislature. Policies for a free market will not lead to the kind of job creation we need to see. Companies will not hire if they aren't selling their products, and there isn't enoguh free capital to see the kind of consumption of products that we need to see.

I'm no Obama fan, but to expect him to fix things overnight when crybaby Republicans are fighting every step of the way is unrealistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
No Republican candidate can promise that and deliver. Their mantra is tax cuts and hope for trickle down. Most of what that did with Bush was create the bubble that we saw burst 2 years ago (and are still feeling the effects of) and place us into further debt. Even if they could cut spending, that would mean jobs being cut. More than likely, decent paying jobs, which will further hurt the economy.

No president can create jobs. Nor will any legislature. Policies for a free market will not lead to the kind of job creation we need to see. Companies will not hire if they aren't selling their products, and there isn't enoguh free capital to see the kind of consumption of products that we need to see.

I'm no Obama fan, but to expect him to fix things overnight when crybaby Republicans are fighting every step of the way is unrealistic.
Legisaltion can sure stop job growth.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Let me see if I understand your problem. A few months ago you started in Minnesota, then you claimed to have found heaven in Iowa. Only to leave to find common sense in Oklahoma are you sure Obama is your problem?
Moving is very expensive

Old 06-09-2010, 06:45 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Quote:
I used to live in Minnesota, a Liberal state and I am so glad I left, MN state taxes are just insane, I was basically working my ass off to support a welfare/nanny state.
So you quit a permanent job in Minnesota.

Quote:
I made the move to Iowa and I like my life here, although I think this state could be a bit more Conservative.
To take a temp job in Iowa

Quote:
I travelled to Oklahoma this last weekend and I feel like I probably found my place, very Conservative state, good old American values, very patriotic and most Okies would rather die than take a government handout, also they don't put up with Liberal BS down there. I was raised in a very Liberal household and It seems like I have become more Conservative, I don't see anything wrong with finally realizing that Liberalism sucks
Spent all your money vacationing in Oklahoma.

Now you're blaming Obama because you can't buy a house.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:

Crybaby republicans fighting every step of the way? Which party is it that's in control of congress right now?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Crybaby republicans fighting every step of the way? Which party is it that's in control of congress right now?
seems like someone hasn't watched the news in a long, long, long time.

Just because they have a majority, doesn't mean they can get things passed. There are lots of little parlimentary procedures that are being used to stall just about anything. Moreso than when the dems had no power under Bush.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
I was thinking, it is going to be 2 years since Mr Obama was elected and so far he has not done anything or accomplished anything significant in my opinion. Maybe some see Obamacare as an "accomplishment" but the company I am working for as a temporary contractor had to pay out $150 million dollars due to Obamacare and have just instituted a hiring freeze. I could work as hard as I can for the next two years of my contract but I have no hopes of getting hired on.

I thought about purchasing a home but I am not even able to find a permanent job, I feel so stuck and I feel like 2012 will be here soon and we will still be dealing with this ridiculous employment situation.

Like I was explaining to my Liberal family members, any Republican candidate promising jobs will be elected by a landslide, unfortunately Mr Obama has not done anything that would make me want him to stay in the White House for another 4 years, I think, anybody who can create good jobs will have my vote in 2012.
The Republicans are the reason there are no jobs.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
seems like someone hasn't watched the news in a long, long, long time.

Just because they have a majority, doesn't mean they can get things passed. There are lots of little parlimentary procedures that are being used to stall just about anything. Moreso than when the dems had no power under Bush.
No excuses. Bush got his way 99% of the time.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I can't really get upset with the People that do. These are People of principle, who have dreams, hopes and still desire, that things will be right. They pray, and i cannot get upset with that either.These are People who are devoted to our PRESIDENT AND THIS IS GOOD FOR THEM, i cannot get upset with them for this thinking. I just do not share in their beliefs, but i will not put them down, for believing as they do in their President, as much as i do not think he is doing a bang up job.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
So you quit a permanent job in Minnesota.

To take a temp job in Iowa

Spent all your money vacationing in Oklahoma.

Now you're blaming Obama because you can't buy a house.

LMAO...Great recap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies