Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:43 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,005 times

Advertisements

Get my very conservative boss to, in very loose terms, shut the [MOD CUT/language] up when it comes to Obama? I am hating my new job more and more each day b/c he is ALWAYS ragging on Obama calling him a jack-ass, idiot, etc. and praising Bush for, I don't know, ruining our world I guess... It bothers me, but I can't really argue with him, because he is my boss so I just smile and nod. He said, and I quote, "Baracko is so stupid and doesn't know how to speak and can't give a speech to save his life."

I immediately wanted to snap back and tell him that in my opinion Obama is actually a terrific speaker, one of the best we've had in a while. But, Bush is very entertaining when it comes to speaking... He's the only one I know of who can get away with making up words and not making any sense every time he opens his mouth.

Help me!!! I can't do this much longer.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
You should yell in his face concerning the issue and declare that you'll sue if he doesn't shut up.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:47 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
You certainly have a right to ask him to stop. You don't have to ay you like Obama if you don't want to, but you certainly can say you're not comfortable with that level of politics in the workplace or the angry tone it creates. If that doesn't work, you can try summers73's strategy or quit, tell him why, and go work for a competitor.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
My boss is the same way. Luckily for me, the other employees in my department may not be Obama voters ( I wasn't) but are definitely NOT republicans or were Bush supporters. So we just nod our heads and laugh at his stupid 'Obama jokes' and then roll our eyes when he walks away.

No big

Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
Another idea: find another job. I hear they're easy to come by nowadays.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another idea: find another job. I hear they're easy to come by nowadays.
I WISH I could find another job!! This job is just too good to give up; I've got great compensation, benefits, vacay time, holidays, etc. I've contacted our compliance dept. requesting to be transferred if they aren't going to do something about it. I work for an investment firm and they do everything by the book... I am hoping I get transferred... I now know why the other girl went to work for another broker.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Many business owners feel that way about Obama. I am one.

If the guys around me working don't like it, they are free to leave.

In fact they voted for Obama. I made sure they had time to go vote.

They told me how Obama would give them health insurance. So, I made them a deal.

Switch to 1099 contract workers on January 1. and I will pay you one dollar an hour more now. (the day after the election) They LOVE it.

Now they will have no unemployment in the winter and no health insurance.

I just pay comp.

I love it!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Many business owners feel that way about Obama. I am one.

If the guys around me working don't like it, they are free to leave.

In fact they voted for Obama. I made sure they had time to go vote.

They told me how Obama would give them health insurance. So, I made them a deal.

Switch to 1099 contract workers on January 1. and I will pay you one dollar an hour more now. (the day after the election) They LOVE it.

Now they will have no unemployment in the winter and no health insurance.

I just pay comp.

I love it!!!!
While that may be true, he isn't the owner of the business. We are a branch of a very large corporation. He doesn't cut my check, give me benefits, or even pay our utility bills.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
While that may be true, he isn't the owner of the business. We are a branch of a very large corporation. He doesn't cut my check, give me benefits, or even pay our utility bills.
But, he is your boss.

Why do you care what he thinks??

Old 06-11-2010, 10:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Get my very conservative boss to, in very loose terms, shut the [MOD CUT/language] up when it comes to Obama? I am hating my new job more and more each day b/c he is ALWAYS ragging on Obama calling him a jack-ass, idiot, etc. and praising Bush for, I don't know, ruining our world I guess... It bothers me, but I can't really argue with him, because he is my boss so I just smile and nod. He said, and I quote, "Baracko is so stupid and doesn't know how to speak and can't give a speech to save his life."

I immediately wanted to snap back and tell him that in my opinion Obama is actually a terrific speaker, one of the best we've had in a while. But, Bush is very entertaining when it comes to speaking... He's the only one I know of who can get away with making up words and not making any sense every time he opens his mouth.

Help me!!! I can't do this much longer.
Since he's the boss and controls your job, it's probably best to not say anything.

Maybe something like, "Really?" Or "That's interesting." Or some random time, "How's your blood pressure today?"

Does he know it makes you upset? Maybe he's extra-obnoxious just to bug you.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2010 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies