Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:53 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Like Obama, Reagan had no spine. I would support any President who would defy banks and special interests, and I couldn't give a rat's ass if they're a Dem or Repub. At least JFK tried to standup for the People, sadly he paid the biggest price for trying to protect our freedoms. In this regard, he was a hero.
Yes. Definitely a hero to emulate. Every president should hope to be the people's hero and thus a threat to the special interests and thus assasinated, thereby making the ultimate sacrifice for the people. Maybe they could aspire to ever shorter terms in the bid for ultimate sacrificial lamb. Really fan the flames and win the peoples hearts and... ... pffft! Acolades and flowers and ... nothing. I don't think my president should need to throw his life away trying to buck a system that is rotten to the core. Change must come from without. We the people must rise up and risk everything for the change we want, so future presidents can simply do what presidents do or should do. Any fool can throw away his or her life. With any luck the gesture will mean something and galvanize change... ... lets see... what did Kennedy's death change? King? So Reagan and now Obama should join them? Why? I'd want my death to mean change, not just an invitation for a long succession of martyrs without any lasting results to show for the sacrifice. "Ask not what your President can do for you, ask what you can do for your President".

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 03:10 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Yes. Definitely a hero to emulate. Every president should hope to be the people's hero and thus a threat to the special interests and thus assasinated, thereby making the ultimate sacrifice for the people. Maybe they could aspire to ever shorter terms in the bid for ultimate sacrificial lamb. Really fan the flames and win the peoples hearts and... ... pffft! Acolades and flowers and ... nothing. I don't think my president should need to throw his life away trying to buck a system that is rotten to the core. Change must come from without. We the people must rise up and risk everything for the change we want, so future presidents can simply do what presidents do or should do. Any fool can throw away his or her life. With any luck the gesture will mean something and galvanize change... ... lets see... what did Kennedy's death change? King? So Reagan and now Obama should join them? Why? I'd want my death to mean change, not just an invitation for a long succession of martyrs without any lasting results to show for the sacrifice. "Ask not what your President can do for you, ask what you can do for your President".

H
Awesome, and how do you suggest we rise up against the government?
You don't have a pilot's license do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies