Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times

Advertisements

to boost containment capacity...

Quote:
The U.S. Coast Guard gave BP Plc 48 hours to find more capacity to contain its leaking oil well in the Gulf of Mexico after scientists and researchers doubled their estimates of the spill’s size.

BP’s efforts don’t “provide the needed collection capacity consistent with the revised flow estimates,” said Rear Admiral James A. Watson, the federal on-scene coordinator, in a letter dated June 11. It was sent to Doug Suttles, BP’s chief operating officer for exploration and production, and was released today.
U.S. Gives BP 48 Hours to Boost Containment Capacity (Update2) - BusinessWeek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,342,826 times
And if they can't, then what? Obama will be really, really angry?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And if they can't, then what? Obama will be really, really angry?
Good question!!!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:23 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
He'll clench his jaw like he really means it!

Actually didn't the Coast Guard give BP like 58 days and 48 hours to do something, or was the adminstration in charge of everything from day 1?

Its so confusing.

Last edited by NSHL10; 06-12-2010 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: added

Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
This is old news, BP was saying they needed more oil tankers to capture the oil back on Wednesday or Thursday. Apparently they were so successful with this last attempt, that more oil then they can handle is being captured. They were also saying if they could not get a bigger tanker there in time, they would use a method called “EverGreen Burning", or something close to that, I can't remember the exact name .

Seems ridiculous to me, all this time, they have been telling us that they were going to try new techniques to capture the oil, and they never bothered to have enough oil tankers on site to hold the oil, IF the capture technique worked??? Who the hell is the idiot in charge of all this.... oh yeah.... never mind, its 0bama. I know its 0bama in charge, cuz he told me so.

Last edited by Wapasha; 06-12-2010 at 07:49 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is old news<snip>
Really? Please link to the "old news" where the Coast Guard gave BP 48 hours
to boost containment capacity.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
When do you plan to answer the question about what happens if they don't make it? I just asked you again. Yep, all I can see is that our President can get more angry but then he kept from that for over 40 days while he was partying and playing golf and spending time with winning teams of one kind or another.

I read and read that thing and just couldn't see the Coast Guard making a do it or else statement. Actually I though it would be Obama that issued that warning, since he is completely in charge of all this, according to him.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I did not mention the Coast Guard, because its a non issue. The story is that BP does not have enough capacity to hold all the oil they are capturing, and not about the Coast Guard giving BP a rhetorical "or else".

I cannot give you a "link" to the story I heard about BP stating they needed more capacity, because I heard it on more then a few news shows on radio & TV, but I spent less then 5 minutes to Google one for you.

The Associated Press: BP plans to burn some oil pumping up to surface

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When do you plan to answer the question about what happens if they don't make it? I just asked you again.<snipped for relevance>
How in the hell am I supposed to know, are you joking?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When do you plan to answer the question about what happens if they don't make it? I just asked you again. Yep, all I can see is that our President can get more angry but then he kept from that for over 40 days while he was partying and playing golf and spending time with winning teams of one kind or another.

I read and read that thing and just couldn't see the Coast Guard making a do it or else statement. Actually I though it would be Obama that issued that warning, since he is completely in charge of all this, according to him.
0bama is "completely in charge" of poor planing, poor foresight, and poor coordination.

Its purely rhetorical, because there is nothing they can do, except pout and mope.

BP has already said that if the tankers do not arrive in time, they will just burn off the oil and gas with the EverGreen Burner device. I'd rather they capture it all in a tanker, but then that takes leadership, planning and coordination, and 0bama is in charge of that department.... so we are screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies