Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is not the premise of the current health care reform bill.
no, the premise of the current health insurance bill, is to make it manditory to BUY INSURANCE....does nothing about CARE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
As the demand for Doctors goes up, the supply will follow. Basic market forces.
I suppose you were on your knees at prayer when you said that. Talk to some doctors when you get a chance.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
The main problem why France has hordes of people willing to work as doctors while the US has lots of doctors who will only work for the highest wages of any doctors in the world is because France provides free education to everyone who agrees to be a doctor (and can pass the tests) while the US saddles most doctors with $200,000 in student loans. It's amazing that the Republicans claim we have to subsidize companies like BP which made $44 billion in profits last year but claim we shouldn't subsidize education. The reality is oil is such a profitable business that even if we didn't subsidize it, even if we charged fair market value when private for profit companies exploit publicly owned resourced (and right now we literally aren't, we don't even charge royalties), oil companies would still drill any way because there is just so much profit to be made from it. All we're doing is flushing money down the toilet. Charge them damn royalties and we'll still have a line of companies begging to drill.

Sadly, corporate money has corrupted our political system so that the politicians will bend over backwards to make companies like BP happy but will screw over the tax payers & citizens without a second thought. We don't count because we don't give billions in campaign donations. Wake up, America. We are living in a modern kleptocracy and all that money the corporations steal has to come from us since they get a free ride.
I think it is time for someone to suggest that you pick a room in your house and sit down and list all the objects in the room that do not have oil in them in one form or another. Of course, you don't count.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM

This morning I had an appointment with my heart doctor. I asked him about the practice and Medicare. Of course, he told me that he has no desire or intention to work for the federal government. Being in the part of medical care that he is in most of his patients are, or will soon become, Medicare patients. He has no desire to have some bureaucrats determine how much money he can make for various treatments and certainly doesn't intend to do that.

Well now, this man is 64 and very near retirement age although his employing hospital doesn't want that to happen. Anyway, it is the cut in what Medicare will pay for Medicare patients that is hurting him. He wants to work several more years but not under the system Obamacare is trying to create.

This man says that although he will be on Medicare in just a few months he is already not going to accept what those bureaucrats want to pay.

He said that he knows nobody who wants to go to school 8 years and then take a tough 4 year residency to become an employee of the government. I guess not many here are doctors but those who are are talking just like mine did today.

It is time to drop the ideologue thinking about medicine and let things go back to closer to normal.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This morning I had an appointment with my heart doctor. I asked him about the practice and Medicare. Of course, he told me that he has no desire or intention to work for the federal government. Being in the part of medical care that he is in most of his patients are, or will soon become, Medicare patients. He has no desire to have some bureaucrats determine how much money he can make for various treatments and certainly doesn't intend to do that.

Well now, this man is 64 and very near retirement age although his employing hospital doesn't want that to happen. Anyway, it is the cut in what Medicare will pay for Medicare patients that is hurting him. He wants to work several more years but not under the system Obamacare is trying to create.

This man says that although he will be on Medicare in just a few months he is already not going to accept what those bureaucrats want to pay.

He said that he knows nobody who wants to go to school 8 years and then take a tough 4 year residency to become an employee of the government. I guess not many here are doctors but those who are are talking just like mine did today.

It is time to drop the ideologue thinking about medicine and let things go back to closer to normal.
I guess he's not taking insurance patients, either, then?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I guess he's not taking insurance patients, either, then?
so let me get this straight

when bush is in officeits the 'evil' insurance compaies

when obamay is on office and caters to them its just business

pot meet kettle

Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so let me get this straight

when bush is in officeits the 'evil' insurance compaies

when obamay is on office and caters to them its just business

pot meet kettle
I'm not sure I get your point. Did I say I favored the insurance companies, with all their little rules? Did I mention Obama? I await your response.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Selecting those capable of successful study should always be stringent. Restricting residency slots, perhaps is valid. Number 3, hmm, I don't think Country of origin would have anything to do with that person's intellect or ability to do the work, maybe it's skin pigmentation that bothers you about.

Skin color does not bother me. Canadian and UK doctors (many of the UK doctors are actually Indian, but UK trained) are equivilent to US docs. It is not a matter of "race" (why do libs always bring that up?), it is a matter of quality of care.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Agreed. Our clinic, which has over 135 docs, will bail on medicare when the 21% cuts go through. We lose money on medicare patients already and have a plethora of patients. The only reason we see them now is a public service, but is finacially a loss.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Skin color does not bother me. Canadian and UK doctors (many of the UK doctors are actually Indian, but UK trained) are equivilent to US docs. It is not a matter of "race" (why do libs always bring that up?), it is a matter of quality of care.
You have made this ridiculous assertion about foreign trained Doctors before. Any Doctor working in this Country has to go through rigorous residency requirements, no matter where they are trained. If anything, FMGs are evaluated more intently, but certainly not less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies