Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 PM

14,419 posts, read 14,344,428 times

Advertisements

Yes, its true the economy is not in good shape. Unemployment is high and alot of people are struggling. Do I wish things were getting better more quickly? Absolutely. Do I see Obama as a less than perfect leader? Yes, I do.

Now, let's flashback to 2008. That clown George Bush was President. In eight years that maniac managed too:

1. Involve us in a war in Afghanistan;
2. Involve us in a totally unnecessary war with Iraq that has cost this country $1 trillion or more.
3. Take the good name of the USA and successfully trash it by engaging in everything from totally ignoring the advice of foreign leaders to engaging in the torture of terrorist suspects contrary to international law. Even John McCain pointed out that torture never worked on him or the other POWs held by North Vietnam.
4. Preside over the continued deregulation of our financial institutions which was the major reason for the profound economic collapse this country experienced during 2008, Bush's last full year in office.
5. Make no effort to deal with the pressing problems of Medicare, social security, or the high cost of medical care in this country. He really didn't care was all I could figure.
6. Pulled out of the Kyoto Treaty negotiations on global warming and than finally conceded during the last part of his administration that it really was a problem.
7. Proposed and signed that nonsensical piece of legislation "No Child Left Behind" (NCLB) into law.
8. Created monstrosities like TSA that require me and millions of others to take our shoes off everytime we board an airliner in this country.
9. Pardoned and commuted the sentences of criminals like Scooter Libby.
10. Proposed and signed tax cuts that gave 90% of their benefits to the richest 10% of this country.

George W. Bush is right up there with the likes of Warren Harding, Richard Nixon, and James Buchanan. His Presidency was nothing short of a national disaster. Anyone who "misses him" or thinks he was a good President must suffer from brain damage.

Everytime I wish the economy was better or that Obama was a little more forceful, I remember George Bush. Alot of the problem today is that it will take years to repair all the damage he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Yes, its true the economy is not in good shape. Unemployment is high and alot of people are struggling. Do I wish things were getting better more quickly? Absolutely. Do I see Obama as a less than perfect leader? Yes, I do.

Now, let's flashback to 2008. That clown George Bush was President. In eight years that maniac managed too:

1. Involve us in a war in Afghanistan;Which was started because of the 9/11 attack. It was a valid war to go after those who planned 9/11 attack.
2. Involve us in a totally unnecessary war with Iraq that has cost this country $1 trillion or more. This was was questionable looking back on it now. But at the time, the general belief among the world's intelligence agencies was that Saddam had WMDs and had already provided technical and material support to bin Laden according to Clinton in 1998 as his reason for firing missiles into Iraq and Africa.
3. Take the good name of the USA and successfully trash it by engaging in everything from totally ignoring the advice of foreign leaders to engaging in the torture of terrorist suspects contrary to international law. Even John McCain pointed out that torture never worked on him or the other POWs held by North Vietnam.
4. Preside over the continued deregulation of our financial institutions which was the major reason for the profound economic collapse this country experienced during 2008, Bush's last full year in office. The housing bubble burst came about from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and government regulations lowering requirements for home loans. Despite calls for better oversight and investigation into the above two institutions, Democratic party member Barney Frank opposed any investigationa and said they were both fine and in good shape. He was dating an official with one of the two groups.
5. Make no effort to deal with the pressing problems of Medicare, social security, or the high cost of medical care in this country. He really didn't care was all I could figure. That wasn't Bush. That was Congress. Congress makes the laws, not the president.
6. Pulled out of the Kyoto Treaty negotiations on global warming and than finally conceded during the last part of his administration that it really was a problem. Kyoto treaty was a cartoon joke that would have hurt farmers and businesses around the world financially with such things as taxing farmers for the gas their livestock produces. Give me a break.
7. Proposed and signed that nonsensical piece of legislation "No Child Left Behind" (NCLB) into law.
8. Created monstrosities like TSA that require me and millions of others to take our shoes off everytime we board an airliner in this country. He didn't create the TSA. He created Homeland Defense. As for the taking off the shoes, you can thank the muslim terrorist who tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in his shoes.
9. Pardoned and commuted the sentences of criminals like Scooter Libby. Yeah, cause forgetting about talking to reporters several years before is such a big crime. The investigation was into who released Valerie's name. The investigation found that out right away but ordered the guy to remain silent while they went after Bush/Cheney/and Rove. All they got was Libby for not remembering what was said and when.
10. Proposed and signed tax cuts that gave 90% of their benefits to the richest 10% of this country. I'm far from rich and I received tax cuts.

George W. Bush is right up there with the likes of Warren Harding, Richard Nixon, and James Buchanan. His Presidency was nothing short of a national disaster. Anyone who "misses him" or thinks he was a good President must suffer from brain damage.

Everytime I wish the economy was better or that Obama was a little more forceful, I remember George Bush. Alot of the problem today is that it will take years to repair all the damage he did.
Nixon didn't start Vietnam, go back to JFK and his VP for that. Bush was far from a good president but at least he isn't taking the country down the wrong road and making enemies of our allies while making friends with our nations enemies. I remember Bush was called a facist for the Patriot Act. Obama has the power to repeal the Patriot Act but has chosen not to do so. Bush didn't cause GM or Chrysler to go bankrupt. That was their own doing. Bush didn't cause people to take out more credit than they could afford. That was their own doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies