Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: CNN is an American network representing an American perspective on news to the world.
CNN should put an American host in Larry King's time slot. 10 55.56%
CNN should put a foreigner in Larry King's time slot. 0 0%
CNN has a bottom line and pop culture dictates what they do. 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

O.K.

Piers Morgan has been slated to replace Larry King on his nightly talk show on CNN.

Why couldn't they find an American to do this job?

I know CNN is international but the Larry King Live show is an American show, with an American host, with an American perspective on news and features.

Why outsource this job to a foreigner???

Is this a case of finding a foreigner to do a job NO AMERICAN WANTS OR CAN DO??

I'm so sick of CNN - American media outlet, should put an American host on this time slot for this show!!

what the heck is going on????

Piers Morgan to replace Larry King in CNN deal - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times
Where is the "I don't care" choice?

Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 AM

210 posts, read 173,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johknip View Post
where is the "i don't care" choice?
+1

Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Don't watch the show. CNN will replace him soon enough. I can't stand Piers Morgan. He is a stuffy Brit who is incredibly boring. I ask everyone to boycott the show.

A better replacement is Jeff Probst of Survivor fame. He asks excellent questions and like Larry, can remain objective. Piers Morgan is too much like Simon Cowell and is very opionated and is the opposite of Larry King. And I agree that we need an American for that position. I hate it when Brits interview people because half the time, they can't relate to anything the Americans are saying because they didn't grow up here.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
also +1

Old 06-15-2010, 01:15 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
O.K.

Piers Morgan has been slated to replace Larry King on his nightly talk show on CNN.

Why couldn't they find an American to do this job?

I know CNN is international but the Larry King Live show is an American show, with an American host, with an American perspective on news and features.

Why outsource this job to a foreigner???

Is this a case of finding a foreigner to do a job NO AMERICAN WANTS OR CAN DO??

I'm so sick of CNN - American media outlet, should put an American host on this time slot for this show!!

what the heck is going on????

Piers Morgan to replace Larry King in CNN deal - Telegraph

In a few years when the news media has been taken over by the foeigners, I wonder how the news clowns that didn't care what happened to us will feel jobless? After their attitudes of if it's Made in the USA, then it's not as good as made anywhere else" by those in the media. BYE BYE self appointed elitist of the liars gossip, er, mainline media.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,531,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
+3 if I could...

Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
In a few years when the news media has been taken over by the foeigners, I wonder how the news clowns that didn't care what happened to us will feel jobless? After their attitudes of if it's Made in the USA, then it's not as good as made anywhere else" by those in the media. BYE BYE self appointed elitist of the liars gossip, er, mainline media.
Just curious what makes you think that all the news outlets will be taken over by foreigners (correct spelling) in a few years?

Old 06-15-2010, 01:22 AM

59 posts, read 149,835 times
Isn't it okay, since he isn't brown or Muslim?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,986,643 times
I dont see the big deal. Besides BBC and Al Jazeera employs foreigners to work for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies