Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 AM

454 posts, read 482,526 times

Advertisements

OK, so this is very weird why would the Egyptian Foreign Minster say in Egypt that Obama told him he is a Muslim?
We all know he was born a Muslim, grew up a Muslim, and converted in Chicago by Reverend Wright.
But, why would this story be going around in Egypt?
"I am a Muslim," Obama Tells Egyptian Foreign Minister Gheit Islamic Coup on the White House - Atlas Shrugs

What do you think is really going on?
I tried to get Snoops to verify it but they have not answer yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:52 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
OK, so this is very weird why would the Egyptian Foreign Minster say in Egypt that Obama told him he is a Muslim?
We all know he was born a Muslim, grew up a Muslim, and converted in Chicago by Reverend Wright.
But, why would this story be going around in Egypt?
"I am a Muslim," Obama Tells Egyptian Foreign Minister Gheit Islamic Coup on the White House - Atlas Shrugs

What do you think is really going on?
I tried to get Snoops to verify it but they have not answer yet.
I may be wrong and if any Muslims read this maybe they can clarify it. If your Mother is a Jew you are considered to be a Jew by birth,If your Father is a Muslim then you are considered to be a Muslim by birth. Obama says He is a Christian and I'll take His word for it. In the Muslim world they might view Him a little differently because of His Paternal lineage.

BTW His Biological Father and His Stepfather were both Muslims and I'm not really sure what His Mom's religion was, but growing up He was probably exposed to elements of Islam while living in Indonesia with His Stepdad. Which would make Him more familiar wth it, which is probably a positive in these times with our involvement in the Middle East.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,383 times
As far as having him exposed to muslim views being a positive, the first thing I thought would be if a fox cub is raised in a chicken coup, is he still not a fox that will grow up and still at heart be a fox. So you would not feel comfortable leaving it to watch the chicken coup while other foxes were trying to get in.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
I may be wrong and if any Muslims read this maybe they can clarify it. If your Mother is a Jew you are considered to be a Jew by birth,If your Father is a Muslim then you are considered to be a Muslim by birth. Obama says He is a Christian and I'll take His word for it. In the Muslim world they might view Him a little differently because of His Paternal lineage.
Not to speak for Muslims, but I've actually spent some time with them on this issue.

1. According to Islam, everybody is born a Muslim. Even the children of pagans, Christians and Jews. Islam is supposedly our native state and all other religions are the result of being corrupted by our parents.

2. There is no doubt the Islamic world sees Obama differently, but because he has living family members who are Muslim and lived in a Mulsim nation as a child, not because his father or stepfather were Muslims.

3. (And back to the OP), there is actually no real evidence the Atlas Shrugged piece is even true. It is an account by somebody who said his wife told him she heard it on a radio program, but such a broadcast cannot be identified by anybody as actually even taking place. It is three times removed hearsay at best,

Old 06-25-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
As far as having him exposed to muslim views being a positive, the first thing I thought would be if a fox cub is raised in a chicken coup, is he still not a fox that will grow up and still at heart be a fox. So you would not feel comfortable leaving it to watch the chicken coup while other foxes were trying to get in.
So... in this analogy... are you saying the fox is the Muslim? Or the chickens?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM

454 posts, read 482,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not to speak for Muslims, but I've actually spent some time with them on this issue.

1. According to Islam, everybody is born a Muslim. Even the children of pagans, Christians and Jews. Islam is supposedly our native state and all other religions are the result of being corrupted by our parents.

2. There is no doubt the Islamic world sees Obama differently, but because he has living family members who are Muslim and lived in a Mulsim nation as a child, not because his father or stepfather were Muslims.

3. (And back to the OP), there is actually no real evidence the Atlas Shrugged piece is even true. It is an account by somebody who said his wife told him she heard it on a radio program, but such a broadcast cannot be identified by anybody as actually even taking place. It is three times removed hearsay at best,

According to Islam when your father is a Muslim you are a Muslim.
So the "Muslim world" look at Obama as a Muslim.
I was looking for Snoops to verify it, but they won't touch it or... did not get to it yet.

About the source. Do you believe what you hear? If your wife tell you what she heard do you trust her? I guess it depends who heard it.
This was heard and recorded in a Round table Show program

This was a statement by Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit on Nile-TV. It was made on the «Round table show».
This is the statement recorded:
Adul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, where the US President told him that He was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the step son of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympathetic towards the Muslim agenda.
Adul Gheit claimed Obama told the Arabs to show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic issues, like the Health care reform, he would show the Muslim World how to deal with Israel.

The source was an Israeli Today Magazine.
The Israeli media much like our media is mostly liberal, they were enchanted with Obama just as were. The Israelis have people that all day long are listening & reading the Arab media.

So the question remained why would the Egyptian say it if it never happen. I mean even if Obama did not tell him that why would he spread lies telling the Muslim world to wait and see what he will do to Israel?

Plus this is not just any Joe he is the Foreign Minister.

That also explain the deep bow to the Saudi King and the nod to the Queen of England.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
According to Islam when your father is a Muslim you are a Muslim.
So the "Muslim world" look at Obama as a Muslim.
I was looking for Snoops to verify it, but they won't touch it or... did not get to it yet.

I already corrected that misconception. Islam does not assign a child's religion at birth to that of the father. Islam is explicit that all children are born Muslim, no matter what religion their parents practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1
About the source. Do you believe what you hear? If your wife tell you what she heard do you trust her? I guess it depends who heard it.
This was heard and recorded in a Round table Show program
It apparently was not recorded. Certainly no recording has been presented by anybody, least of all by the people making this claim. Only one person has apparently ever claimed to have heard this, and even she has not come forward. We are hearing of it only through her husband, a man with a long history of anti-Obama opinions.

Quote:
This was a statement by Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit on Nile-TV. It was made on the «Round table show».
This is the statement recorded:
Adul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, where the US President told him that He was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the step son of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympathetic towards the Muslim agenda.
Adul Gheit claimed Obama told the Arabs to show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic issues, like the Health care reform, he would show the Muslim World how to deal with Israel.
Note that there are no actual quotations there. Why is that? Because it is not a quotation at all, it is an alleged paraphrase. Since no actual recording exists, no actual quotation is possible. Everything in that account appears to have been invented out of whole cloth.

Quote:
The source was an Israeli Today Magazine.
The Israeli media much like our media is mostly liberal, they were enchanted with Obama just as were. The Israelis have people that all day long are listening & reading the Arab media.
The Israel Today Magazine is not part of the mainstream Israeli Media. It is a right wing Christian propaganda mouthpiece run by U.S.-born Dennis Avi Lipkin (the guy whose wife claims she heard the broadcast). Lipkin is the author of Is Fanatic Islam a Global Threat? and Christian Revival for Israel’s Survival, which according to the website yourisraelconnection.org, “expresses the need for Christians to awaken to their responsibility to stand with Israel in the days ahead.” Lipkin is also listed on ministers-best-friend.com’s “Rapture Ready, ‘Top 100’ -- Top 100 End-Times Prophecy Teachers.

Quote:
So the question remained why would the Egyptian say it if it never happen. I mean even if Obama did not tell him that why would he spread lies telling the Muslim world to wait and see what he will do to Israel?
No question remains at all since there is no evidence that "the Egyptian" ever said it in the first place.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:11 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I have always thought that Obama is, at the very least, sympathetic to Islam and at least partially identifies with it, due to having a Muslim father and step-father and having been exposed to no other religion in the first 10 years of his life. He has said he is a "committed Christian" but I question how deep and how sincere that commitment is. Does he attend church with his family regularly? (I don't know.) Has he ever made any references to how his family observes and practices their religion privately? Most presidents do make references occasionally to an active faith, even if they don't wear it on their sleeves, as Bush did. Instead, Obama lets Robert Gibbs tell the nation that the president prays daily (leaving out any other details). If Obama would occasionally speak from his heart about an active faith, I think it would reassure some of those who have doubts about him. Instead, it gives one pause to wonder if he has any faith at all in a god or if he is actually a "closet atheist".

Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have always thought that Obama is, at the very least, sympathetic to Islam and at least partially identifies with it, due to having a Muslim father and step-father and having been exposed to no other religion in the first 10 years of his life.
What would lead you to believe that he was "exposed to no other religion in the first 10 years of his life?" He lived Hawaii until he was six, and attended a Catholic School for at least part of the time that he was in Indonesia.

So... I'm struggling how to credit this assertion. Can you explain a little more?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:39 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Today he is a Muslim, and tomorrow we'll go back to saying he sat 20 years in a Christian church listening to a racist pastor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies