Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

...will he...?...should I hold my breath...?

Oil-skimming Ship En Route To Gulf Of Mexico - Virginia Norfolk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:35 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
That is one humongous ship. I certainly hope it is allowed in.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:36 AM

Owners of the 1,100-foot Liberian-flagged ship say they haven't
received government approvals to participate in the cleanup.
But they're hopeful that can be achieved during the three-day sail to
the Gulf...

World's largest oil-skimming ship headed to Gulf (http://www.wtvy.com/oilspill/headlines/97157424.html - broken link)

Old 06-26-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
That is one humongous ship. I certainly hope it is allowed in.
...I hope beyond hope that the President does not prevent this ship from going into the Gulf...if he does....I just do not have words.....

Old 06-26-2010, 05:43 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...I hope beyond hope that the President does not prevent this ship from going into the Gulf...if he does....I just do not have words.....
Well, I heard the EPA is blocking. Now I don't understand how the government agencies work in a disaster like this but whomever is in control should back down and allow this monster in.
There is no time for politics in this situation. IMO We must think of the people who are suffering because of this disaster.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Well, I heard the EPA is blocking. Now I don't understand how the government agencies work in a disaster like this but whomever is in control should back down and allow this monster in.
There is no time for politics in this situation. IMO We must think of the people who are suffering because of this disaster.
Dear God....There is no reason for them NOT to allow this ship in to do the job only it can do...if it isn't allowed...we can just kiss any hope of this disaster being taken care of by this administration...and it will speak clearly the attitude they have toward the clean-up and the prevention of it getting even worse...I cannot even imagine it not being allowed....on the other hand...I take that back...yes...yes I can......I am punch drunk...after a while...after being hit so many times...you just become numb...I'm almost there...

Old 06-26-2010, 06:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Dear God....There is no reason for them NOT to allow this ship in to do the job only it can do...if it isn't allowed...we can just kiss any hope of this disaster being taken care of by this administration...and it will speak clearly the attitude they have toward the clean-up and the prevention of it getting even worse...I cannot even imagine it not being allowed....on the other hand...I take that back...yes...yes I can......I am punch drunk...after a while...after being hit so many times...you just become numb...I'm almost there...
Well, Verna, apparently there is. And, really, it is beside the point. Ten of those 'monsters' couldn't begin to clean up the Gulf mess but I am betting that it will be allowed to do what it can. Stand down soldier. It's Saturday, go play or something.

H

Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
I think it only prudent to have some idea as to whether or not it will help or do harm. I don't know, neither do you. I say, let the people who would have some knowledge, come to an opinion on it's use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies