Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,207,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's not the issue, the issue what is he hiding to spend so much money on protecting them. It is an honest question.
How much is that?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm always amused by the way people call these records "sealed." You rather patently do not know what "sealed" means. In point of fact, not a single record of Obama's is "sealed."

On the other hand, they are all protected by the very same existing laws that protect your records and mine. I would have imagined that you valued your privacy. But there is frankly no accounting for the general opportunistic hypocrisy of the Obama deranged right wing.

There is no such thing as the "Truth in Information Act."

So then... go do it the same way we got Bush's and Kerry's college transcripts. Get somebody to leak it.
The sealing is, in fact, there and will be until he releases these things officially which he won't do for the very reason I have been howling about, the desire to keep us divided as widely as he can. Open your eyes to what is going on. Is Rahm still in the White House? That answers much to me.

Okay, I want to see his papers because we finally got to see his wife's thesis and many didn't like it. I bet his are at least as bad or worse. He has too many friends and buddies from that rabble rousing, building blowing up, group from the 60s and I just want to see just how deeply he is with them.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:52 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,469,789 times
Quote:
Nope. Just a guy who (among other things) finds value in deflating paranoid fantasies and conspiracist flatulence.

We have a national interest in elevating the conversation beyond frothing bigotry. Sometimes that entails fighting falsehood with facts. Other times it entails ensuring that ridiculous ideas are ridiculed.

And BTW... I'm a West Point graduate. So don't presume to pontificate to me about our Commander-in-Chief. Just thought you should know.
oooooooooooohhhhhhh a West Point Graduate...ooooooohhhhhhhhhh

I guess in your mind that qualifies you as the authority on the POTUS?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Who other than progs are trying to see his kindergarten records? Nice shot but I think there was a curve in it.
I was right. You;re not paying attention. His Kindergarten Records have long been on the Birther list of demanded documentation. WND mentions them all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Not so at all. My Master's thesis was hard bound and sent to many libraries that I don't even know about. How could I seal that when I didn't know all the schools. I think we should at least see his thesis and his dissertation along with any articles he may have written in the Harvard Law Review. There could be something in them that would be of interest to many of us.I see this statement as purely stupid unless you can prove that irrelevancy.
What makes you think Obama did a Master's thesis? He doesn't even have a Master's Degree. He has a Bachelor's Degree and a JD. Neither (in case you weren't aware) require theses. A person cannot "seal" that which does not exist.

If on the other hand you can come up with a term paper or two he wrote, more power to you. I do have a Master's degree (MBA, so no Thesis either) and I would suggest that no copies of any papers I ever wrote still exist anywhere. But hey... you could get lucky and find one of Obama's in a cardboard box somewhere.

The Harvard Law Review is a public publication. If he wrote anything there that you haven't seen, then that can only be your fault for not looking.

And again... if you personally feel that you haven't seen enough, then withhold your vote.

It's as simple as that.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Keep me out of your posts unless you are addressing me...
The day you extend that same courtesy to me is the day I will play with you.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,207,578 times
Quote:
The day you extend that same courtesy to me is the day I will play with you.
Fair enough, that day starts right now.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I can only assume then that you are not paying attention.

Oh? That worked so well last time he did it! /s
Which of his records did he release? I guess I missed that.

Even you probably do not honestly believe that anything he released would make a difference to you. They certainly can make no difference to the issue of whether or not he is eligible for the presidency.
I have to keep wondering how many of those who voted for him would have done so if they saw how far left release could make him appear. Hey, I didn't want McCain but I really didn't want Obama.

See? There you go!!! There actually is more than one possible reason (besides "hiding something") why a President might not release his records. I bet with minimal mental effort you could come up with several more.
Minimal effort that I won't be expending until I see some truth from him and his White House denizens.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I thought those 'grades and such' were leaked and not 'officially' released?
Too many "leaks" are anything but that.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Of course. Neither candidate released them, though. Both pointedly refused to do so... so they were leaked by others.

Why then are you so anxious to repeat it?
I never got above E-5 so SALUTE.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
Quote:
What could there be unless something he doesn't want seen?

1. The precedent it would set.

2. He has better things to do.

3. It serves no purpose since the only people who want to see them would never vote for him anyway.

4. He want's to keep Birther's frothing because it makes Republicans look like nutjobs.

5. At least some of the "records" on the Birther list never existed in the first place.

There you go... it took me all of what? 45 seconds to come up with 5 other possible reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy[COLOR=Blue
]Surely he and his handlers didn't know at the beginning how much dissension this would cause? I have to say that there has to be something he doesn't want seen.

Dissension? Between who? Right wingers? I certainly have noticed of late that the tea partiers are running screaming from the Birthers. So there you may very well be correct.

As far as I can tell on the other hand, this has caused essentially no dissension among Obama's supporters. So if his handlers saw the current circumstances coming, they must be very good at their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
I haven't voted in the election of 2010 yet and won't believe what you just said until I do. Of course, there is no chance that we could develop a crisis so serious that the elections could be put off, is there?
Obama is not running in the 2010 elections. And no, there is no chance that we could develop a crisis so serious that the elections could be put off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies