Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Spoon food for Birthers. Tighten your tinfoil

A California lawyer goes to Kansas. You might say she has a Broad practice.

Taitz files Kansas suit to block Obama candidacy | CJOnline.com

A California lawyer who earlier this week failed to convince the State Objections Board to keep President Barack Obama’s name off the Kansas general election ballot filed suit Thursday in Shawnee County seeking an emergency stay of the board’s action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I don't quite know what you mean about "a Broad practice". I hope it's not a reference to Ms. Taitz.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Are these people still around?

I suppose some people just cannot deal with overwhelming facts and desperately need to hold on to their beliefs. At least Taitz has found a purpose in life - no matter how asinine it is.

My only concern is the cost stupidity like this incurs for taxpayers.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What is the citizenship status of any baby born to a US woman citizen in another country?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What is the citizenship status of any baby born to a US woman citizen in another country?
depending on the year of birth variables can include age of mother, years of residency and marital status to transfer US citizenship automatically. but....... given the evidence ( and pranks and cons ) available the "kenyan birth" theory is in the realm of ridiculous.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
This woman's relatives or friends should step in and get her the psychiatric help that she so obviously needs.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This woman's relatives or friends should step in and get her the psychiatric help that she so obviously needs.
agreed. i seen video of one of her son's at a youth political convention. seemed like a good even keeled kid. it can't be easy for him, or his brothers, with mom actively seeking out media attention for being bat-crap crazy and/or comically incompetent ( especially sharing a relatively unusual last name ).

i doubt if the family pulled an intervention ( if they haven't already ) she'd agree to get help. most likely orly would chalk it up to the overwhelming power of the obama conspiracy that it could "get to" her own family.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM

....... and in more birther silliness:

lead "investigator" ( he is neither a cop or a PI ), mike zullo, has repeatedly had the cops called out to remove him from a HI nursing home

Somebody call the cops! | Obama Conspiracy Theories

now is this a case of.....

A): a noble determined investigator being intentionally impeded by a colossal 50+ year old multi-government conspiracy from discovering the truth.

or

B): a dishonest used car salesman and former small town cop harassing a resident of a nursing home in an attempt to promote a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

..... you make the call.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 09-21-2012 at 11:24 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
What is wrong with American courts? I can just imagine trying to do what this woman does in a Canadian court. Your first loos would cost you maybe $200,000 or more. You have to pay for the court time and all the legal costs of the innocent party. That is if the court would even hear you case in the first place. At the examination for discovery phase the judge would throw you and your idiot case into the dumpster.

I guess the diference is that we DO NOT have anything resembling a partisan political court in this country.
The US justice system is one screwed up institution from the bottom to the top.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What is wrong with American courts? I can just imagine trying to do what this woman does in a Canadian court. Your first loos would cost you maybe $200,000 or more. You have to pay for the court time and all the legal costs of the innocent party. That is if the court would even hear you case in the first place. At the examination for discovery phase the judge would throw you and your idiot case into the dumpster.

I guess the diference is that we DO NOT have anything resembling a partisan political court in this country.
The US justice system is one screwed up institution from the bottom to the top.
That's largely what's happening to Taitz. Opposing counsels bring up motions for summary judgement prior to any sort of discovery and inevitably her cases get bounced out of court. None of her cases (nor any of the Birther cases) have gotten to a discovery phase and judges have issued financial sanctions against Taitz and a few other birther attorneys.

As for your second paragraph I'm not sure I understand what you mean - while some individual states do elect their judges, the Federal judiciary is, on its face, apolitical as federal judges are appointed to life terms by Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies