Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

What's funny (not really) is this newest idea in all of our history that man (and woman) will know what's best for them. The contrary is the establishment that thinks a few elitist always know best no matter what the situation. Those elitist gawk at ownership confounded by the ability for individuals to think for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What's funny (not really) is this newest idea in all of our history that man (and woman) will know what's best for them. The contrary is the establishment that thinks a few elitist always know best no matter what the situation. Those elitist gawk at ownership confounded by the ability for individuals to think for themselves.
Example of what you are talking about: Obama constantly refers to the "Nobel prize winner" who serves in the cabinet. Obama of all people ought to know exactly how cheap a Nobel prize can be.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When will the citizenry that voted for change and put Obama in the White House stand up to the right wingers and their ilk to push forward the change they voted for?
What are you talking about..Obama is getting everything he wants.

He wanted health care reform - we got health insurance subsidy
He wanted to create jobs - we got a website showing lots of jobs
He wants to fight global warming - we have Cap&Trade coming up with a carbon tax
He wants "a path to citizenship" - amnesty will be here in time for 2012

He appointed who he wanted and so far they've been accepted.

What is it that you think you have to stand up to ?
What change do you think is NOT happening ?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The guy you voted for last election spent 5 years getting brainwashed by Marxists....
Ron Paul was? I don't believe so...

Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
lol So how is this get in your face stuff working? lol Not working that well huh. Just because you scream something loud doesnt mean people want it or believe it.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I swear to god, every right wing poster on here says they voted for Ron Paul. I think the number of people on here saying they voted for Paul actually outnumbers the 41K votes he actually got.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:07 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Oh and PS, you actually said you voted for Obama

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ll-u-vote.html

Old 06-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I swear to god, every right wing poster on here says they voted for Ron Paul. I think the number of people on here saying they voted for Paul actually outnumbers the 41K votes he actually got.
Well whatever. I voted for him, I didn't like McCain. Still don't.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Oh and PS, you actually said you voted for Obama

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ll-u-vote.html
No I didn't. I just voted in the poll because I felt like it.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When will the citizenry that voted for change and put Obama in the White House stand up to the right wingers and their ilk to push forward the change they voted for?

People want to "let joe do it". However, in this case there is no joe there is just you and me and millions of others that voted for change away from the right wing agenda and all it's wrongs. It's time "we" stood up to the tea parties and the rest of the crazy heel dragging Republicans to say enough! do the job "we" want or be gone!

"From Sarah Palin to John Boehner to the operatives pulling Tea Party strings, conservatives seek to block every reform on the progressive agenda. We must fight back. "

"Cynicism ignores both the needs of the country and the moment we are in. Obama was elected with a mandate for change by a citizenry in desperate need of it. The dismay is grounded in a stark reality—that the Obama initiatives, however historic in comparison to the last decades of conservative misrule, are insufficient to meet the challenges they must address. "

The Political Path for Progressives in the Face of Rabid Right-Wing Resistance | | AlterNet
Is it normal here for folk's just to snipe at , or make snarky comments on/about, a topic? I see no responses to my question (in blue) in the OP at all so I guess it's beyond the ability of the group here to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies