Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
IF ""God has a plan to help the person deal with the circumstance through intercedence.....""

then why didn't your god have an effing PLAN to NOT HAVE RAPE AND INCEST ?
Rape and incest are creations of human deviancy. No man is without sin. No man can avoid sin. God doesn't distinguish between rapists, thieves, murderers or any other evildoer. He only sees sin. Which is why none of us can escape it, including those who are unfortunate victims of human deviancy. God didnt' say he'd protect you from the sins of others, but he did say that if you lean on him in times of need, he'll always be there. And he also said that those who call on the name of Jesus shall be saved. And yes, that means rapist and the incestuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
These repug anti-choicers usually NEVER answer my question about why they think if a woman is raped it's OK to have an abortion.

Why is abortion different if the woman is raped ?

They can never answer because IF they believe that then they are NOT concerned about ABORTION they are ONLY concerned about controlling women.
It's true. If it's not all about the unborn then it's about women who should have kept their legs closed. I've even heard people say it's OK to have one abortion because anyone can make a mistake, but after that it's using abortion as birth control and that is unacceptable. People seriously don't even know what they are arguing for or against anymore.

It's because of this, and the varying degrees of public opinion, that the ONLY solution is to keep it between the woman and her doctor. No matter how much input anyone wants into other peoples lives it's not possible. There are far too many variables.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
.......she's going to stomp Reid's guts out in November........
Gawd. That came out of your thought processes? How attractive.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
How conveient it is for some to misinterpet her words, most intelligent people would know where she is coming from. Nothing wrong with the way she thinks, i have friends who think the exact same way as she does, they always talk about God's Plan. She is not implying that rape and incest are a part of God's plan. How small minded it is of some to turn her words into something ugly.
How small minded to limit God! We cannot know the plan, if there is one, from our limited perspective. Perhaps the whole world and EVERYTHING in it is God's plan with lessons to learn from any and all contingencies. Yeah, God's plan is whatever I think it should be. Whatever I don't like or understand in the world is therefore not God's plan. What hubris!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
how many 7 month old kids get ye ol glad bag and in the trash treatment?
i saw my twin nephews born at 7 months, they were not fetuses. they were kids.
stop killing babies and jeering at those that say something about it.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:54 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh yes, silly me for using an answer she gave to a question she was asked against her.....

That would be fine if the answer you say she gave and the one she actually gave were the same answer, but they are not.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's true. If it's not all about the unborn then it's about women who should have kept their legs closed. I've even heard people say it's OK to have one abortion because anyone can make a mistake, but after that it's using abortion as birth control and that is unacceptable. People seriously don't even know what they are arguing for or against anymore.

It's because of this, and the varying degrees of public opinion, that the ONLY solution is to keep it between the woman and her doctor. No matter how much input anyone wants into other peoples lives it's not possible. There are far too many variables.

So adoption isn't part of your final solution to the pre-born problem?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Gawd. That came out of your thought processes? How attractive.

I was a Marine...what can I say?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
IF ""God has a plan to help the person deal with the circumstance through intercedence.....""

then why didn't your god have an effing PLAN to NOT HAVE RAPE AND INCEST ?

God gave man a free will.

Man is a fallen creature.

That means that along with decent people, there are some truly evil SOBs running around.

That's just the way it is.

When you create your own universe, you can make the rules.

I personally have no patience for "treatment" of rapist and child molesters. I see no point in allowing someone who is capable of this sort of crime to ever be released from prison, but that isn't what happens. We know the recidivism rate for rapists and molesters is nearly 100%, and the same sex criminals commit the same crimes over and over. Most of this problem could be solved with a one strike law for rapists and child molesters.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 AM

Abortion isn't murder.

By what objective standard?

That's fine if you have strong religious values, but it has no place in politics.

Who died and appointed you Dictator for life?

Church and state need to be kept separate.

I totally agree. The state needs to keep its nose out of the affairs of the church. If church leaders want to preach against homosexuality, it is none of the state's business.

He also makes a great comment on politcs now in america that is completely true, "It's either right wing, or super insane right wing. Those are your choice these days in america today."

Is that why we elected a black man who happed to be the most liberal Senator serving POTUS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies