Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:12 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edspace View Post
...Instead, I'm flying the 'Grand Union' flag, which was technically the 1st U.S. flag flown over Independance Hall as the Declaration of Indepenance was being drafted by the Continental Congress.

Why is this? Well, my loyalties are to the Declaration of '76 and to the Constitution that followed in 1787. My loyalty is NOT to the elected officials and their twisted self-serving platforms. If I had one, I'd fly the Gadsden Flag, "Don't Tread on Me" as a message to both Dems and Reps to keep their political correctness and fundy theocratic laws out of my life.

I fear the Stars and Stripes have been corrupted and defiled by both corrupt politicians and sheeple voters as the dreams of liberty seen by the Founding Fathers are slowly fading away.

So to honor the old-school democracy of the new world, that stated "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness," I will fly the Grand Union flag that they flew in early July.

Happy 4th.
You are right. But the Bush cartel is gone now and there is now honor in our glag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 01:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
+1 Post #11. I am a musician and work in a suit and tie venue. I like to personalize the uniform by having a large collection of ties. Along with musical and abstract motifs I also have a couple of American flags which I would always wear on July 4th weekend. Until the reality of the Bush II administration as a low point in American history forced me to stop, out of shame. I returned to wearing my customary flag tie (which always gets kudos) July 4, 2008 and I see no reason (unemployment index and oil spill issues notwithstanding) not to wear it again this year. YMMV.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies