Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 09:01 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

One. Here I'll help, trans fats, Two. Your falling behind, cigarettes are still beating you on the amount of deadly chemicals, most being completely useless.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
...cigarettes are still beating you on the amount of deadly chemicals, most being completely useless.
I can tell you one thing that is pretty useless in this forum.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Keep hitting the joint skippy.
I don't smoke anything, never have, never will.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
Cigarettes contain nearly 4,000 different man made chemicals and additives! [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]*43 of which are known as cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. [/SIZE]

A few more...
[SIZE=2]Ammonia: Household cleaner[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Arsenic: Used in rat poisons[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Cadmium: Used in batteries[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Cyanide: Deadly poison[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] DDT: A banned insecticide[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Lead: Poisonous in high doses[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Methoprene: Insecticide[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element[/SIZE]

The C.D.C. also reports that American cigarettes contain higher levels of cancer chemicals than foreign cigarettes do. Why is this?!

After researching about cigarettes and the dangers they cause, I cannot believe at how dangerous they are! WTF?! Every time you suck in a cigarette, you take off 5 seconds of your life. And every suck you take from a cigarette, you put ALL of these deadly chemicals into your body, which is slowly killing after every breath you take from smoking and when you release the smoke, of which the visible smoke you see coming out of a person's mouth and nose, that's only 5-8% of all the smoke that comes from smoking, the remaining 92-95% stays in your body. And when you release the smoke, other people around you get exposed to that and you are endangering their health and maybe slowly damaging and killing their bodies.

I now regret all of those years of my childhood when I was at my Grandparent's house everyday after school. My Grandma was a heavy smoker and she used to smoke in the living room and I would sit there too, unaware about the dangers of it. While she smoke, the living room would get filled with smoke and I would breath that in. She smoked about half a pack to one pack of cigarettes a day and now my body has probably been damaged by all that secondhand smoke.

I can't believe that something like this is even legal, they're practically poison death sticks, for all I know.

Ah, but look at the billions in federal tobacco taxes that flow to the government by keeping them legal and by controlling who may manufacture and distribute them...sort of like alcohol and firearms.

These types of government regulations of products, when abused by citzens, can have deadly consequences, rake in more $$ than most can fathom.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
I don't smoke anything, never have, never will.
You like the taste of Mercury don't you?

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And for obese people, many of them, eating is an addiction. Should we dictate to them how much they can eat and what they're allowed to eat?

Red meat does nobody any good. It's bad for you in all circumstances.
Not the meat per se, more the things fed to the animals, and the preservatives and coloring to make it look like it came from a healthy animal.

The FDA needs to be put on trial for its fascist genocide.

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Agreed. Legalize marijuana.
Can you explain the libby logic behind you being able to legally smoke pot indoors in pot smoking places (some allow you to s moke on premises) but you have to go outside to smoke a cigarette? What could be the logic behind that given tar is tar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I can tell you one thing that is pretty useless in this forum.
Lets stay on topic shall we. If you don't like me, don't respond to my posts. If you have something constructive to say go for it, but don't expect people just to take it and leave it at that. There is a thing that goes on here called debate. It helps keep the forum alive and running. If every thread started out with a statement that couldn't be argued this wouldn't be an interesting place to be.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Second-hand radiation? LOL I have a feeling your serious, but I hope not, you wouldn't by any chance have any facts that show how harmful second hand radiation is from cell phones LOL.
Well, you didn't confront the topic of your contradiction (rather, you deflected it). You really can't expect any credibility when you are using an argument that condemns your stance.

As for the radiation thing: studies are downplayed by cell phone companies just as studies were downplayed by big tobacco companies. If you're really interested, you can search the info out. It's hard to find, but it's there and interestingly, it's constantly written off as loony even though it's valid scientific research. Remember, big tobacco suppressed study results as long as they could, too. I'll just bet you that if cell phones studies conclusively proved that cell phone radiation was a danger, you would be unwilling to stop using them for the good of humanity. And I'll bet you'd fight a move to make them illegal. Hypothetical, of course, but the difference is that this criminalization would directly affect your life. And we can't have that.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
One. Here I'll help, trans fats, Two. Your falling behind, cigarettes are still beating you on the amount of deadly chemicals, most being completely useless.

You think food is limited to the ingredients limited on the package?

If someone did an analysis on a pack of hotdogs to get all of the chemical compounds, it would look just like that of tobacco, with addition of pig anus and lips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies