Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Are they jealous because Glenn Beck respects and admires Dr Martin Luther King?
Does he only belong to black Americans?
If he belongs to the human race, he is and was a part of everybody.
Not just black, but black and white alike.
Glenn Beck can march in his name if he wants to, he would most likely be shot but he can.
Yes he can.
Oh, is this going to be Glennie's theme? (http://http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm - broken link)

mag32gie, seriously, do you really believe what you wrote?

If you do, Im really saddened.

That's all. Nothing more to say.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM

640 posts, read 388,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Same for you ...

On August 28, 2009, international climate activists held a Katrina anniversary demonstration at the Lincoln Memorial. Were you outraged then?

Many people consider that date/speech to be very significant. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to honor MLK, since there doesn't seem to have been any organized effort to do so before now.

I hope you know you aren't making sense.
How many people attended the Katrina demonstration in 2009? I couldn't find any numbers. Below is all I found, and it sounds like some activists just floated some signs in the reflecting pool. Am I wrong about that?

August 28, 2009, 4:04PM

International climate activists floated two roof tops in the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool early Thursday afternoon in anticipation of the fourth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. One of the roofs read, “HELP—The Water Is Rising.” The 30 ft. banner behind the roofs declared, “Prevent the Next Katrina, Restore the Gulf, Stop Global Warming.” Image by Sarah Murphy / Washington, D.C.

Hurricane Katrina Photos & Pictures | NOLA.com

Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Think again, other prominent black leaders are urging ALL black people to show up on
the anniversary of MLK's speech.....promises to be interesting.
Yep, they can't get anything violent to occur at Tea Party rallies so now they plan to try to cause some violence. I guess they forgot that the DNC has asked all good Dems to use their cell phone cameras to get anything they can that shows Republicans doing something less than acceptable. Somehow it seems that this threat will put the Panthers in a worse light than the freeing of those two who violated the voting rights act. Whoopee, the implied threat is going to get those hoods in some trouble, in the end.

Watch it carefully because Fox will show it whether the others do or not.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
and if the trash talk continues with threats, he will be doing time soon.
Who is going to prosecute him for talking trash and making threats? I think that he knows that he is safe from the DOJ since Holder has said that we don't prosecute people of a minority status. No, I think he is safe and that Obama and Holder will protect him, no matter what it takes.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Of course you're saying that, he's black.

You would be proud that Fox won't allow him to express his view point, so they can do it for him.
Somebody is a liar here. Beck says he has invited this one on his show and he says it won't happen. I believe Beck and you believe the liar because he is black. Right?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, they can't get anything violent to occur at Tea Party rallies so now they plan to try to cause some violence. I guess they forgot that the DNC has asked all good Dems to use their cell phone cameras to get anything they can that shows Republicans doing something less than acceptable. Somehow it seems that this threat will put the Panthers in a worse light than the freeing of those two who violated the voting rights act. Whoopee, the implied threat is going to get those hoods in some trouble, in the end.

Watch it carefully because Fox will show it whether the others do or not.
Im sure they will... they have no shame.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i wonder if they will discuss the pluses and minuses of killing cracker babies..
You do know, of course, that only Fox shows this video. No MSM TV or print version will tell people about that one. How do the majority of our people hear him talk about killing cracker w*hores and cracker babies unless they watch Fox and more and more every day do.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
should be interesting to see how this unfolds, i'm going to enjoy watching those little old
ladies with blue hair from the teaocon party pee in their depends!
:d

Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
But there was no threat in the video you posted.
Unless a Black Panther actually hits a man who is trying to vote there is no threat when he continually beats his billy club on his hand. No threat unless a member of a right wing organization says things like that guy did. You thinking is really stinking thinking.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHessian View Post
It's at the end of the month, so I doubt that many panthers will be able to come up with the bus fare.
Naw, Obama really doesn't mind a little bit more borrowing from China if it will get them there to serve as his civilian army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies