Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM

504 posts, read 457,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee-

This time it is my turn to say "BS". I am very well to do. I can smell a line of BS a mile away. You are not well to do and we both know it. Let's review-

1. if you are on a military base (despite my great regard for the military), you are not rich

2. The only way to become "rich" in the Obama administration would be through selectve shorts and puts. This is a fool's game and is not the playground for novices.

3. Everyone who was adept at the markets made 50-100% on the dead cat bounce. That does not make one "rich", as it assumes that you were not rich in the first place.

Please be honest- you are not well to do and are full of crap. The market is for suckers to make real wealth and I do not know of anyone who has become a bona-fide "stock market millionnaire". We make our money via agricultural investments, foriegn farm land, foriegn manufacturing, and ownership of domestic buisness. Give me a break. Further, there is NO OBAMA supporter I am aware of who is a small buisness owner or a shrewd investor. You may count the uber elite such as Gates and Buffet to the Obama roles, but there is absolutely ZERO Obama supporters in my economic peer group. Take home message- you are not being honest.

Further - we do not speak in the broken english jargon and with elementary school level diction, through which you communicate. You do not speak the language and do not move in the same cirlces. You are a fraud.
Well my friend you dont know the power of the military industrial do you lol. I know your ilke doesnt think that a man should get rich off honest work. I'm good and dont have to lie about it. I agree with you about Obamas policies not really helping small business's, all we need is some anti-tust and some tariffs on forign made goods and a locked down border. As far as investors pfft whatever. I speak at a level where I know most on your side can understand. YOu may be one of the upper echelon folks on the right who really do profit from republican regimes, congratulations. But the majority of your side is broke misguided ignorant poop-kickers who are easily swayed by slogans, cliches and prejudice.

Youre probably one of those upper echelon repubs that secretly cheer having the border wide open so that corporations can take atvantage of the near slave labor provided by illegals. The same low cost labor that lowers the standards for all Americans. Your type of republican is going to be the one that low information repubs are going to hang once they figure out how you have played them for dummies for so many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Default YOu have me mixed up. Try reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Exactly. If I didn't like Bush, why on Earth would I like Obama? I dislike him for all the same reasons I disliked Bush, only Obama has proven to be much, much, much worse.

Here's a question for all the libs... if you hated Bush so much, how can you possibly like and support Obama? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

If you read what I said you would find that there is no Obama support going on here just an examination of a double-standard.

Obama had the capital, momentum and enough dems to come in like FDR and right this country. BUt his and congress's corporate puppet masters nixed that.

Why arent our interstates being upgraded to Audobahn quality
Where is the high speed rail
Where is the improved power grid
Where is the money for education and new standards there in
Where is a real universal healthcare system
Where is our border security
Where is our tariffs on foreing made goods
Where is our Anti-trust laws
Why are we dropping billions unfunded on war every month
Why did he compromise on the stimulous. I agree it doesnt work because it wasnt even a quarter of what most economist's said was necessary---Friggin tax cuts lol!!!!!!
And so on and so on

He is only the president but if he had stayed honest he would have had alot of sway from the bully-pulpit. Insted he chose to lay with dogs now he has fleas

Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I despise both GWB and Obama for the reasons you mentioned: massive increases in government power and overspending, and insane endless foreign wars. Obama is just costing me much more money personally, with the pending massive tax increases, and policies that continue to result in the destruction of the American economy.

Democrats, Republicans, Clones A and B. Until there is a Libertarian who hasn't been demonized by the media on the Presidential ballot, we haven't got a prayer of re-building the Country's economy.

Libertarians Sorry its not going to happen. The people that own both parties own the media also, how do you think we got Obama and Palin. Two nobodies that with the right amount of make-up and spotlight we are forced to deal with. But its been that way for ever. There are people behind the curtains and we are scared to peek around it.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Well my friend you dont know the power of the military industrial do you lol. I know your ilke doesnt think that a man should get rich off honest work. I'm good and dont have to lie about it. I agree with you about Obamas policies not really helping small business's, all we need is some anti-tust and some tariffs on forign made goods and a locked down border. As far as investors pfft whatever. I speak at a level where I know most on your side can understand. YOu may be one of the upper echelon folks on the right who really do profit from republican regimes, congratulations. But the majority of your side is broke misguided ignorant poop-kickers who are easily swayed by slogans, cliches and prejudice.

Youre probably one of those upper echelon repubs that secretly cheer having the border wide open so that corporations can take atvantage of the near slave labor provided by illegals. The same low cost labor that lowers the standards for all Americans. Your type of republican is going to be the one that low information repubs are going to hang once they figure out how you have played them for dummies for so many years.

Right........................................

1. I oppose illegal immigration- I made my money on my own, not through slaves
2. Easily swayed by slogans? See "Hope" and "Change"
3. Get rich off of honest work? This is how essentially everyone becomes wealthy. Again, you are not wealthy and are a fraud.
4. I grew up poor, and know the value of hard work and education, not the empty promise of a handout.
5. Speak on a level "most on your side can understand". Right. Again, you do not speak the language of one with an education or one who is familiar and adept with the jargon of buisness. It is quite clear that your claim is fallacious.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama is not GWB.
Obama is redistributing wealth via legislation. GWB would have NOT done that.
Government has expanded greatly under Obama with all the programs to distribute/track stimulus money.
Current and future legislation is geared towards having the middle class subsidize the lower class which will equalize them and pretty much drag the middle class down.

I'm not sure what type of politics Obama is practicing but it's not Republican or neo-Republican.
>>>> GWB made efforts at redistrubuting wealth by pushing for CAFTA as well as not putting a halt to NAFTA and not ending China's most favored nation trade status. Plenty of republicans pushed for these and Clinton went along with it, Gore even was crucial in getting it passed( China most favored nation trade status). Our manufacturing jobs went overseas or south of the border. And GWB let the banks trash the economy in addition to allowing the government to go unchecked. Obama is just GWB on overdrive and steroids, almost maniacally destructive and more overtly anti american. And quite possibly even more dense. Or Obama's puppet masters really don't care how bad they make Obama look and are just extremely reckless, far more than they were with Bush.
I don't think GWB wanted the country ruined as Obama does, but he was happy letting his buddies bleed it for as much as they could get out of it.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 AM

Default I apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right........................................

1. I oppose illegal immigration- I made my money on my own, not through slaves
2. Easily swayed by slogans? See "Hope" and "Change"
3. Get rich off of honest work? This is how essentially everyone becomes wealthy. Again, you are not wealthy and are a fraud.
4. I grew up poor, and know the value of hard work and education, not the empty promise of a handout.
5. Speak on a level "most on your side can understand". Right. Again, you do not speak the language of one with an education or one who is familiar and adept with the jargon of buisness. It is quite clear that your claim is fallacious.

My apologies for even dropping to your level. YOu seem somewhat intelligent if not compensatory towards your roots of being poor. I am glad things worked out and you are doing well. I apologize completely for not keeping this as a discussion of policy, perceptions and double standards. Personally I fell off the Obama train before it got going good, When he went back to congress to vote for Tele-com immunity during the campaign I tuned him out because the writing was on the wall.

I think we both want whats best for America and an honest debate between two sides is in order. But Big money feeds on ignorance and emotions and gets folks to fighting one another while the robber barons steal the bank from all of us.

I personally dont mind paying taxes to make sure America has the best education system in the world
I dont mind paying abit extra to make sure we have the best healthcare system in the world
I dont mind having to pay abit more at a neighborhood hardware store instead of getting cheap stuff made in China from walmart
I dont mind paying taxes to make sure our infrastructure is the best in the world.

Thing is we have lost control of the Govt and too much of our taxes are skimmed off by robber barons.

If BP, Exxon, Chevron etc want this oil so much how bout they field their own armies and conquer the Middle East instead instead of pimping honest hardworking Americans into doing their dirty work.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Republicans are our saviours---Blaaaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> GWB made efforts at redistrubuting wealth by pushing for CAFTA as well as not putting a halt to NAFTA and not ending China's most favored nation trade status. Plenty of republicans pushed for these and Clinton went along with it, Gore even was crucial in getting it passed( China most favored nation trade status). Our manufacturing jobs went overseas or south of the border. And GWB let the banks trash the economy in addition to allowing the government to go unchecked. Obama is just GWB on overdrive and steroids, almost maniacally destructive and more overtly anti american. And quite possibly even more dense. Or Obama's puppet masters really don't care how bad they make Obama look and are just extremely reckless, far more than they were with Bush.
I don't think GWB wanted the country ruined as Obama does, but he was happy letting his buddies bleed it for as much as they could get out of it.
I know what you republican folks think you run on. I know you think you know what you are about.

But have you noticed exactly how Republicans govern.
What did they do for
Immigration
Abortion
YOu havent had an honest pro-American republican president since dare I say it--------------Dick Nixon, thats right I said it, and you hung him out to dry.

YOu had to shoot Reagan to get him in line
You still lampoon Bush Sr. for doing what was fiscally right for the country in raisng taxes
You give us Bush Jr when you should have just elected Cheney.

Not looking for a back and forth cause dems suck too.
Kennedy got shot, Johnson did some good things and he made mistakes.
After Carter tried to get us back on track in terms of energy policy the corporations said never again and have given us two miserable corporate democrats since.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Free market. If these corporations dont want to pay taxes then fine leave. I bet some honest enterprising American can still run a profitable business, while paying living wages and paying a reasonable amount of taxes. The no taxes thing is a recent phenomena. Put it like this they can leave but they wont be shipping one thing back into our country without tariffs because to me they are now a foreign entity.

You sound like a dadburn lobbyist. OOOh if I have to pay I am leaving, ok fine leave. Right after I have the IRS review your books and decide what you owe goodbye, and you can kiss 300 million consumers goodbye. You want to make your issh in the third world then sell it there also. Tell me how that works out for you!!!!!!!!!!! I'd cut the throat of the East India Trading Company you'd grab your ankles.

Govt is supposed to be by the people for the people. Its big money and business using wedge issues to distract us and wrest control of it from us.
So let me get this straight, you would go ahead and let them leave, (which they are doing), then you would slap high tariffs on anything they want to sell in the US ? So how does that help the American consumer? Know anything about cars made between 74 and 84 KILLA?
All that tough talk sounds really.........well like a bunch of tough talk, but the reality,REALITY is in case you haven't heard, business's are moving out by the day and taking the jobs with them, remember that is your side s biggest sob story, we don't manufacture anything anymore, multinational corporations,nafta, bla bla bla. The problem with your type is you are so green with envy and have invested so much into that whole class warfare garbage that the left has been spoon feeding you, that you would rather have nothing instead of something. Its a global economy get used to it, you dont help any one by making it more difficult and more expensive for companies to operate and provide jobs, the writing is on the wall killa, Follow your line of logic and the only companies left in this country will be Government owned....................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhh!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus phoenix View Post
Actually the real reason IS because he is half black. Racism is alive and well in this country and a significant section of the population cannot stand to see a half black man in the White house. It defies everything that was taught to them by their parents. All this talk about communism, marxism is pure tripe. I am from an ex communist country and Obama is not even close to being a communist.
Shhhhh. Quiet lol. I am finding it hilarious listening to people who for minute sections of their post give valid policy reasons but then kill it all in the end with a dumb phrase like "he hates America".

I know what it is. I cant stand the dude myself for policy reasons. Obama is doing nothing different than any Republican since Nixon but these folks for some reason arent happy. I think we should have a nationall call Obama a N!&&3r so they can just get it out their systems instead of making up the Marxist, manchurian candidate , want my contry back, communist crap.

You have to not be so hard on these folks. They were promised a place at the table ahead of coloreds like Obama. This was ingrained and now the world has changed too fast for them and they dont know how to express themselves ---------------Its hilarious!!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:58 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus phoenix View Post
Actually the real reason IS because he is half black. Racism is alive and well in this country and a significant section of the population cannot stand to see a half black man in the White house. It defies everything that was taught to them by their parents. All this talk about communism, marxism is pure tripe. I am from an ex communist country and Obama is not even close to being a communist.
So , do you think they would feel the same way if he were half white ? What a miserable hateful world you people live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies