Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why are Bush's and Congress' Poll Numbers so bad right now?
Primarily because of the illegal alien amnesty bill. 24 37.50%
Primarily because of gas prices / economic problems. 3 4.69%
Primarily because of Iraq. 29 45.31%
Other (state below) 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I received an email from Laura Bush asking for donations to celebrate Bush's 65th birthday. I responded to them by informing them I have forwared their email to Mexico. Let them donate. He's not representing us.
That's classic!

Let's hope they don't send agents to your door in the middle of the night.

I get the feeling though, that if he's lost someone as conservative as you, then the GOP is in serious trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:04 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
My response to comments@whitehouse.gov :

"Please ask the President to spend his birthday in a Mexico City barrio, as that is the future of the USA under his immigration plan. I guess he missed Texas History in seventh grade because he does not remember the Alamo.

Regards"

Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

"Please ask the President to spend his birthday in a Mexico City barrio, as that is the future of the USA under his immigration plan. I guess he missed Texas History in seventh grade because he does not remember the Alamo.

Regards"
At the time of the alamo Texas was trying to separate from the United States as well. Don't know if you remember that from your history class.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Yes, fortunately we were a Republic--we probably should have kept it that way!

Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Bushes numbers are low, but nothing compared to the low numbers for congress. How did that happen?
Congress' numbers are low for a similar reason that Bush's are (BTW I voted immigration bill).

There are many reasons why Democrats and independents are not supporting him... those have been around for a while.

With the Immigration Bill, stalwart Republicans have finally decided to abandon the president and that is the reason for the recent dive. They will pick up some around election time as party members rally around their horse in the race.

Congressional numbers are low because only 30% of democrats approve of the current job, mainly because they are not happy that congress isn't pushing harder. That disapproval will also fade as the election draws near.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:04 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post

Regards"

I like it! He needs to get more letters like these. If Bush wants us to support him he must support us first.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 AM

Bush and Congress just doesn't get it. They are not just giving republican jobs away to illegal immigrants, they are also giving away democrats jobs. They are getting hit from all angles on this one.

I have a nephew that works skilled construction. He used to make $30/hr, now he is lucky to get $12/hr because of all the illegals on the job sites. He loves building but may have to leave the profession to be able to advance in life.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 AM

Here was my letter to the request for Bush's birthday:

I find it hard to believe that the RNC would solicit donations for a celebration of Bush's 61st birthday. Send these emails to Mexico; they are the citizens Bush is representing. I will be forwarding my email on to Mexico.

I will never donate another dime to the RNC until they represent Americans first. All my donations go to NumbersUSA and Grassfire.

Lately I have been ashamed to say I am a Republican. I will still be active to support conservative values but NO Republican will ever get my vote again until the RNC can find a candidate that represents Americans first.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
I am very sorry to say I can no longer support Bush and his gang. It sickens me that he is so willing to sell us out, for what? Some sentiment about mexicans? Don't get it. I think he is going down the road to dementia that Jimmy Carter has gone, maybe all the alcohol??

Old 06-23-2007, 01:59 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times
I think the problem is that Bush doesn't feel responsible to anyone: not the Republican party, not the Congress, not the Supreme Court, not even the people of the country. He's responsible to the relatively small group of kingmakers who put him in power and he doesn't really care who knows it. Over the past six years they've made their money using illegal workers, getting sweetheart trade deals, oil profits, and military contracts. Bush has served his role and will make his family even richer in the process.

Only he's going to do it with water. Bush has just bought a 98,000+ acre estancia in Paraguay (yes, the same country that the Nazis fled to) in a remote area near the border with Bolivia and Brazil rich with natural gas but also on top of the largest aquifer in the Western Hemisphere and just a few miles from US Mariscal Estigarribia Military Base (which has just been upgraded). It is also borders the 100,000 acre estancia of his friend and political supporter, the Reverend Sung Myung Moon of the Unification Church and a major Bush supporter, who was recently crowned, "King of Peace," in the US Senate's Dirksen Building with several members of Congress in attendance.

Happily for Bush, he won't have to spend retirement here in the United States. He's here to get in, rake in as much cash as possible, and get out. To Paraguay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies