Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Are you kidding me? That you think anyone white that uses ebonics means they are a racist. I say whats up dog. Does that mean I'm racist. Or even I repeat a rap song does that make me a racist? Its called slang, ebonics its not limited to the use of just 1 or 2 races. Someone alert Eminem hes a racist or vanilla Ice or the beatsie boys all racist because they all are white and use ebonics. Ridiculous

Repeating a word that is ebonics does not make someone a racist. Using a racial slur or insult does or say beating someone up simply for being a certain race.

But saying ,yo thats my homegirl does not make me a racist. Sorry.

You are the very 1st person that I've ever spoke to that thinks using ebonics makes someone a racist.
Mocking ebonics is racism. You know that as well as I do.

http://w3.coh.arizona.edu/classes/ke.../24Ebonics.pdf

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-16-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No its not. I think its rather strange that you think it is. You are the only person I've ever seen think that. YOu have the absolute lowest standard I've ever seen for what makes someone a racist.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:22 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Shows you what I know. I thought it was from the hip hop culture.
Me too, seems some think that only applies to black people

Old 07-16-2010, 07:49 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I hear the argument that there is no evidence of racist tea partiers

Yet a simple google search turns this up.

appletree » Blog Archive » The teabaggers are not the least bit racist

I'm in a biracial family so it doesn't bother me much. I just wanted to share that though. I think we can all throw the "there are no racist Tea Partiers" argument out the window..

Yes I know there are a few Black Tea Partiers, and Yes I know there are Black Racists too. I just wanted to post this. Cause so many people are blind to the people they hang out with.

Grow up. Stop trying to find excuses for your failures and instead devote your energy to learning from failure such that you can prosper.

Losers are comfortable with failure, as long as they can be assuaged with blame. Do not take the easy path of accusations of "racism" (the opportunities for minorities are limitless in America), take responsibility for your actions, and you will do well. Fall into the trap of being comfortable with failure and the self assured notion that it is the result of "racism" and you will always fail.

"Racism"- the refuge of losers.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

So one of my favorite shows, In Living Color, was racist?
SMACK! Homey don't play that.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:

Giving a definition to ghetto- speak AKA "Ebonics" is racism to begin with.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
A very very small number of people who attend Tea Party events (but they might not necessarily be Tea Party people) are racist.

A large majority of Democrats and people who join the NAACP, Black Panthers, LA Raza, and Mecha are racist.

Agreed!

Some people cannot accept the fact that the REAL racist are among your group.

The perfect example is the loser bum thug black panther who was in our streets yelling to kill white people. This is what a REAL RACIST looks like.

He needs to be arrested, deported. We do not want this kind of racist trash in America to bring us down.
Anyone who thinks and acts like he does needs to sent right along with his sorry lifelong welfare butt.

I have yet to see one single tea party person who has acted like this black panther idiot. He is the liberals poster child for what a real racist looks like and acts like.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You just topped the ridiculous meter with this post. What exactly is racist about Obammy?
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?
You know better, or at least I hope you do.....

Results 1 - 10 of about 244,000 for al jolson mammy. (0.30 seconds)
Search ResultsMammy by Al Jolson Play song from iLike.com
Al Jolson Live! - 2006 - 3:48
Listen on: iLike - Rhapsody

I could say do some homework and learn about what Al Jolson did. However, I think you know damn well what he did and to lie about it with your question in quotes is disgraceful, really.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?
You know better, or at least I hope you do.....

Results 1 - 10 of about 244,000 for al jolson mammy. (0.30 seconds)
Search ResultsMammy by Al Jolson Play song from iLike.com
Al Jolson Live! - 2006 - 3:48
Listen on: iLike - Rhapsody

I could say do some homework and learn about what Al Jolson did. However, I think you know damn well what he did and to lie about it with your question in quotes is disgraceful, really.
Thank you for that very much. This poster is not being sincere at all and I'm glad it was pointed out. The other poster basically said they knew what it meant and intended to say it all they wanted.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Giving a definition to ghetto- speak AKA "Ebonics" is racism to begin with.
It wasn't a "defintion" from some dopey online dictionary like many here on CD use to define words such as "racism", it was a link to an article, which is obvious by clicking on it.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-20-2010 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies