Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here it is from the SOURCE....the NAACP website. They did not repudiate the orginization .....rather....they repudiated racist elements in the orginization. NAACP Delegates Vote to Repudiate Racist Elements Within Tea Party | NAACP

White people don't know a damn thing about what actually goes on in black orginizations or what black leaders say to black people when talking to black people. You don't attend the meeting...you don't frequent their websites or radio shows....you just go to your favorite translators, Faux, Limbaugh, Hannity ect....and let them tell you what black leaders and black orginizations are up to. Its you all who are being led by white leaders....the O'reilly's, Limbaughs, Becks, Hannity....those are WHITE LEADERS who lead their unthinking masses to opinions about black leader and orginizations that amounts to essentially what the white masses want to hear. You don't even bother to validate that BS you hear. That is why white folks so have so little credibility and are seen as racist.

Would white people be allowed to attend meetings?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 PM

351 posts, read 533,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why wouldnt they? White people only INVENTED the NAACP.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
This administration hopes to create racial divide. It is the only hope Obama has.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so true

really? glenn beck puts up actual VIDEO, and quotes actual documents put out by the naacp, and these items prove how racist the organization truly is. and not only is the naacp a racist organization, they are also complicit in keeping their own people in poverty. when was the last time the naacp took some of the money they get in donation and helped a black person start a business? or when was the last time the naacp helped a black family with donations keep their house? or clean up a black neighborhood by helping drive out the drug dealers and other criminals? when was the last time the naacp decried black on black crime? in fact when was the last time the naacp repudiated a black criminal, period?

these people stand up and claim to be supporting the blacks in their struggle against the whites, but the reality is that they are enriching themselves on the backs of the very people they profess to want to help. jessie jackson and al sharpton both waltz in when a black person supposedly felt the hand of racsim, make a huge scene, cause many problems, and then go away without doing anything else, and when the truth is found out, they refuse to apologize for their statements, and the rest of us are left to pick up the pieces. tawana brawley and the duke rape case ring a bell?

if the naacp really wanted to truly help the black community, they would properly organize these communities, and help blacks start businesses, help keep black children in school, help the black community get back to the solid family oriented community that they were back in the 1950's. they would encourage black people to get off welfare, and prove the white racists wrong when those idiots say that black people are no good.

you are hte one buying into the tripe that is spoon fed to you, not the average american.

one more thing, there is racism all over. there are idiot white people and black people and hispanic people and asian people and indian people who all hate someone because of the color of their skin. i am white, and i have friends of all races, from all over the world. i have dated minority women, because they for the most part real women with a real personality, not some fake blond with fake boobs who doesnt have an original thought in their head. i like people who accept others for who they are, not because they happen to be the right skin color.

one more thing, get rid of the hate in your life. it only tears you up inside, and it clouds your mind to what is really going on.
A person can parse scriptures from the bible and make Jesus seem evil, however, when if you are allowed and take the opportunity to read the whole bible, for yourself, its would be clear that an evil Jesus is a misrepresentation of truth. Hence, sure you can take clips and quotes from the NAACP and make any case that you want....however, what I am saying is that one has to see for themesleves and see ALL that they do and say and not just snips of it.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma;150723d08
Just keep showing your ignorance. The NAACP has WHITE MEMBERS and funders.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:33 PM

387 posts, read 533,070 times
I agree with you. And this also applies to LULAC. But if I see LULAC and NAACP being run by mostly Caucasian people or mixed races with a white agenda then I'm going to become skeptical of the integrity of the organizations.

Quote:
Here it is from the SOURCE....the NAACP website. They did not repudiate the orginization .....rather....they repudiated racist elements in the orginization. NAACP Delegates Vote to Repudiate Racist Elements Within Tea Party | NAACP

White people don't know a damn thing about what actually goes on in black orginizations or what black leaders say to black people when talking to black people. You don't attend the meeting...you don't frequent their websites or radio shows....you just go to your favorite translators, Faux, Limbaugh, Hannity ect....and let them tell you what black leaders and black orginizations are up to. Its you all who are being led by white leaders....the O'reilly's, Limbaughs, Becks, Hannity....those are WHITE LEADERS who lead their unthinking masses to opinions about black leader and orginizations that amounts to essentially what the white masses want to hear. You don't even bother to validate that BS you hear. That is why white folks so have so little credibility and are seen as racist.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-16-2010 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
A person can parse scriptures from the bible and make Jesus seem evil, however, when if you are allowed and take the opportunity to read the whole bible, for yourself, its would be clear that an evil Jesus is a misrepresentation of truth. Hence, sure you can take clips and quotes from the NAACP and make any case that you want....however, what I am saying is that one has to see for themesleves and see ALL that they do and say and not just snips of it.
i agree, and i find that the vast majority of the time it is the liberals that take video and chop it up, and take quotes out of context, and chop them up, and use small segments at a time. beck at least puts up video that lasts 20-30 seconds, and quotes that are more than just a sentence or two long. so i guess it is alright for liberals to chop up someones words, and twist them around, but heaven forbid a conservative doesnt chop up the words, and give them plenty of rope to hang themselves, figuratively speaking, that would be racist.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Alot has been made of the recent proclamation by the NAACP that the Tea Party is a racist movement, which is exactly what the NAACP wanted. Anything to cast a positive light on their organization while casting an equally negative light on the Tea Party was the goal. And in some ways, it has been successful, at least from from a media coverage standpoint.

However, I believe this is nothing but a charade. I believe the NAACP is less concerned with the appearance of racism in the Tea Party, and more concerned with the prolifigation of Tea Party ideals after the November 2010 and 2012 elections.

Why? Because black people have alot to lose from a tighter brand of social and fiscal conservatism. When budget cuts are imposed at the will of newly-minted conservative legislators, the perception from the black community is that it is they who will suffer the most.

In light of the national financial situation, the NAACP simply does not have the political capital to use budget and finance considerations to rally against the Tea Party. So what do they do? They cry racism.

I see right through it, and I believe most American's with at least moderate intellect do as well.

As an aside, if you find my reasoning objectionable, i'd like to point you to this study of the Family Budget Protection Act of 2007. Therein you will find objections to budget cuts on the grounds that the black community will suffer. This is exactly why the NAACP hates fiscal conservatism and the ideals of the Tea Party.

http://www.chn.org/pdf/nulafricanamericanspdf.pdf (broken link)

I believe that the leaders of the NAACP want blacks to remain subservient, dependent, and "on the plantation", such that they have a dependent cohort to "sell" thier rationalization for failure. They don't give a damn about blacks in reality and just want to consolidate power.

Novel idea- why not

1. emphasize two parent families
2. emphasize education
3. deride teen pregnancy
4. condemn crime

"Racism" has become the easy refuge for failure of minorities in America. It is appealing, as one can attribute lack of initiative and education to "unfair" supression and "racism" and exonerates anyone from personal responsibility or failure.

Grow up. If you do not succeed in America- blame yourself. If you are comfortable with lethargy, faillure, lack of initiative, and dependency, seek the excuse of "racism" to rationalize your personal failures and you will feel better about yourself.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 PM

150 posts, read 123,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I believe that the leaders of the NAACP want blacks to remain subservient, dependent, and "on the plantation", such that they have a dependent cohort to "sell" thier rationalization for failure. They don't give a damn about blacks in reality and just want to consolidate power.

Novel idea- why not

2. emphasize education
3. deride teen pregnancy
4. condemn crime

"Racism" has become the easy refuge for failure of minorities in America. It is appealing, as one can attribute lack of initiative and education to "unfair" supression and "racism" and exonerates anyone from personal responsibility or failure.

Grow up. If you do not succeed in America- blame yourself. If you are comfortable with lethargy, faillure, lack of initiative, and dependency, seek the excuse of "racism" to rationalize your personal failures and you will feel better about yourself.

Well, what do you expect? It's easier to cry racist and be thrilled at the prospect of getting part of "Obama stash"...

I have NO sympathy for any group that wants others money because they don't want to put the effort in. Call me racist, call me evil Whitey. I could give a flying fig.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:18 AM

387 posts, read 533,070 times
Do you have any proof or evidence that the majority of the cases have to do with lack of education, lethargy, and dependency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Novel idea- why not

2. emphasize education
3. deride teen pregnancy
4. condemn crime

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies