Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

Researchers Use Ecstasy to Treat PTSD - MSN Health & Fitness - Medications

MONDAY, July 19 (HealthDay News) -- A small study suggests that the illicit "club drug" Ecstasy may have one positive use: making psychotherapy more effective for people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Well, I'm just now starting to wonder if all of these drugs might not be as bad for us as THEY told us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
There has been talk about it in therapeutic settings for years. I believe there are several studies being conducted on that.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
each drug on the market today, legitimate or black market, have medical uses IN THE PROPER DOSES. and that is the key. a tiny amount of morphine is a great pain killer.

the problem comes in when these drugs are abused. in the old days when these drugs were in fact legal, they were heavily cut, and a very tiny number of people had issues getting hooked on these drugs. once they hit the black market though, the illicit dealers jack up the strength of the drugs, and then more and more people get addicted, and that is what is causing the problems.

if we could keep these drugs out of the black market, we could make these drugs legal again for prescription use.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
MDMA (ecstasy) was developed by Merck and prescribed as an anti-depressant until it was reclassified. It's not surprising whatsoever that it's useful for treating PTSD, since that's in line with its original purpose.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:51 PM

43 posts, read 94,102 times
Makes sense. Problem is addiction. Honestly ive abused percoset for same purpose. Try to limit it somewhat. Also doing Xanax and seroquel. But the percoset gave me a somewhat happy feeling I forgot all about. I've heard a lot of myths about extacy I'm not sure are true or false. Like the toll it eventually takes on your spine somehow was one.
I would definitely recommend seroquel.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Ectasy makes anyone feel good... you don't even have to have PTSD to feel good... does that have PTSD would like to take even if it never "cures" them of their disorder... sort of like cocaine, crack, heroin, meth... you get the idea... if you can legally get your hands on it, wouldn't you want it legalize... I hate these studies cause they really basically LIE to get their hands on drugs to make them feel better rather than treat their disease... I suppose we do take a lot of drugs that do that for other disease... probably is people flipping out when in these medications because it changes your behavior and actions, so who is responsible then? The person taking the drug to make them "feel" better or everyone for allowing that person to take the drug in the first place knowing the danger... too many court cases where people said the "drug" made them do it...

Old 03-06-2011, 03:42 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Pure MDMA is relatively harmless. All of the black market forms of it, however, are much more risky as they contain who knows what most of the time. The only potential drawbacks to MDMA are addiction and potential brain damage, both of which can happen with alcohol.
Would be great if it was legal. I would much rather go to a club and have a couple of disco biscuits vs. drinking a bunch of liver destroying booze. I can't help but laugh when people say pot and ecstasy are too dangerous to legalize, yet they firmly support booze being legal.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
studies on the use of morphine sulfate have shown that early use post trauma is effective in combatting the effects of PTSD. combined with talking it out frequently has proven itself effective.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:55 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
NY Times Jan 13 2010 research supported that.cannot paste link in my current location.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 PM

570 posts, read 882,750 times
isn't it messed up how so many people whose brains just don't create enough dopamine, go around feeling so bad all the time...

life..it's a f*#*@! mystery
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies