Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't want Newt Gingrich to be the GOP candidate because:

1. (primary reason) In addition to his time in Congress and consulting, he's been a college professor, historian, and author. He's an ideas guy just like Obama. Has never been involved in actually managing anything or has experience in what it would take to carry out his ideas. I do not want another one of these types for President. They cannot properly assess the impact of their ideas when it's time for the rubber to meet the road. This is not to say his ideas are bad or good, just that he's never had to implement any of them, assess damage and react accordingly. I'm sure there could be a job for him in the White House (maybe Secretary of State) but it's not President or even VP.

2. He's a Washington DC inside the beltway guy times 10. Seriously, Republican or Democrat, aren't we trying to get away from these types? He's "kissin' cousins" with all the schmoos.

3. He'd be a snooze as Candidate Gingrich. He's a snooze on TV, now. When he comes on, I switch channels, not because I disagree with him, but because he puts me to sleep. This isn't to say that would be a good or bad quality in a President, but I can't even see him getting to first base in the General Election. The man is NOT inspirational. He's too yesterday.

4. His personal history isn't pretty and it would only be magnified if he ran for office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 06:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My link gives a quote from Newt's wife herself. A google search will provide you with many links from "reliable" sources. This story is well known.
wow, calm down and read what I said. I am certainly not defending what he did, this is why I could never support him. My comments were in regards to the original question: was she dieing when her presented her with divorce papers? No, the story got out of hand, like so many do.

NIta

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wouldn't want Newt Gingrich to be the GOP candidate because:

1. (primary reason) In addition to his time in Congress and consulting, he's been a college professor, historian, and author. He's an ideas guy just like Obama. Has never been involved in actually managing anything or has experience in what it would take to carry out his ideas. I do not want another one of these types for President. They cannot properly assess the impact of their ideas when it's time for the rubber to meet the road. This is not to say his ideas are bad or good, just that he's never had to implement any of them, assess damage and react accordingly. I'm sure there could be a job for him in the White House (maybe Secretary of State) but it's not President or even VP.

2. He's a Washington DC inside the beltway guy times 10. Seriously, Republican or Democrat, aren't we trying to get away from these types? He's "kissin' cousins" with all the schmoos.

3. He'd be a snooze as Candidate Gingrich. He's a snooze on TV, now. When he comes on, I switch channels, not because I disagree with him, but because he puts me to sleep. This isn't to say that would be a good or bad quality in a President, but I can't even see him getting to first base in the General Election. The man is NOT inspirational. He's too yesterday.

4. His personal history isn't pretty and it would only be magnified if he ran for office.
I totally agree with you. We just have to get new blood. Go Christie, go or maybe someone else in the background right now.

Nita

Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,411,061 times
LOL! I have no faith at all the the OP didnt know about Newt and his first divorce.

This thread exists because Newt is thinking about running in 2012. Dems want to distroy who ever by what ever means possible.

I have nothing but contempt for people who do this.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This thread exists because Newt is thinking about running in 2012. Dems want to distroy who ever by what ever means possible.
Ahh.. Liberals beginning their fantom attacks 2 years ahead of time.. Thats a sign that they are scared

Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,963,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! I have no faith at all the the OP didnt know about Newt and his first divorce.

I have nothing but contempt for people who do this.
In all fairness, it was a crappy move with horrible timing by Newt. Also, you must be VERY full of contempt. They ALL do it.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I guess being the man to come up with the plan to balance the budget under the Clinton administration doesnt count for experience to liberals, but being a community organizer.. woo hoo.. where do we sign up!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
In all fairness, it was a crappy move with horrible timing by Newt. Also, you must be VERY full of contempt. They ALL do it.
Agreed, but I once evicted a tenant on Christmas Eve, who's husband was shot and killed 2 months earlier. What does that mean other than I'm willing to do crappy tasks to get things done.

May not like doing it, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do... Liberals should understand this, you have Clinton, now Gore.. So we have Newt.. You guys should LOVE him..

Old 07-22-2010, 10:56 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,963,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Agreed, but I once evicted a tenant on Christmas Eve, who's husband was shot and killed 2 months earlier. What does that mean other than I'm willing to do crappy tasks to get things done.

May not like doing it, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do... Liberals should understand this, you have Clinton, now Gore.. So we have Newt.. You guys should LOVE him..
Huh. I once fired a 65 year old woman on Christmas Eve, so I know what you mean. In my defense, she had to go. She said "Merry F'ing Christmas Moderator cut: language!" as she gave me the finger.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-10-2010 at 09:43 PM..

Old 07-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Huh. I once fired a 65 year old woman on Christmas Eve, so I know what you mean. In my defense, she had to go. She said "Merry F'ing Christmas Moderator cut: language!" as she gave me the finger.
Did she collect unemployment for 2 years... ? haha

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-10-2010 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies