Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM

39 posts, read 74,123 times

Advertisements

I just listened to a bit of an interview he gave on the tube. I'm not a tube watcher but I do have to share the house. Anyway, Newt is obviously an intelligent guy who expresses his views well. There's an awful lot he says I agree with. Personally, I don't really care what wing you call your own, or no wing for that matter, but the country needs to pick a direction then everyone pull in that direction together. With us all pulling together I think any of the much debated paths would lead us to a better place than where we are today.

Back to Newt. Along with his opinion, he made sure to place total and complete blame for the financial implosion of this country squarely on the democrats shoulders. If there was one politician, just one, to have the character and fortitude to stand up, admit there's plenty of blame to go around for both parties, stop the finger pointing an let's come to some consensus and get busy fixing what's wrong, they'd have my vote. I used to vote for the lesser of two evils. I didn't use to see it that way but now I've come to the conclusion they were all evil, including Reagan. I won't do it anymore. Never again will I vote for a lying, corrupt, power mad sociopath that's willing to completely sell the common American down the river to win favor and fortune for himself and his friends. Bush? Please, if you don't see how he favored the rich at the expense of the common man, just take a few minutes to look at some figures on how the wealth has been concentrated at the top of the totem pole under his and the Republican's watch. The transfer of wealth upward has been astounding. Clinton? Same thing. Just how do you think a couple of hay seeds from Arkansas, who basically left the White House broke are now worth $100M? I'll tell you how, sell out America now, receive payment later.

Any of you folks who don't think your party isn't chin deep in greed and corruption are bordering on insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 07:23 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Obviously he is a saint, upstanding citizen, and paragon of family values while boning his mistress while going after Clinton for adultery.

Then to make it square to serve his wife divorce papers while she is in the hospital recovering from a mastectomy.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:26 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
I don't think Newt Gingrich is conservative enough for today's conservative.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 PM

325 posts, read 235,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Obviously he is a saint, upstanding citizen, and paragon of family values while boning his mistress while going after Clinton for adultery.

Then to make it square to serve his wife divorce papers while she is in the hospital recovering from a mastectomy.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. The guy is 65 years old and married 4 times, every time to a women young enough to be his daughter, now young enough to be his grand daughter. I hope I can get 21 year olds when I'm a senior citizen

Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:

Yes, he sure is charming.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Thumbs down Newt Gingrich wants to start two more wars

The two quagmires we've been bogged down in for the best part of a decade just aren't enough for this military genius*

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich last week criticized the United States for not engaging more forcefully with other countries besides Iraq that President Georgw W. Bush had identified as the "Axis of Evil."

link to story/video

* Gingrich carefully avoided service during the Vietnam war. He has absolutely NO military experience whatsoever. A true "chickenhawk" if there ever was one.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:31 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Since when has Newt Gingrich become relevant again? LOL!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The two quagmires we've been bogged down in for the best part of a decade just aren't enough for this military genius*

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich last week criticized the United States for not engaging more forcefully with other countries besides Iraq that President Georgw W. Bush had identified as the "Axis of Evil."

link to story/video

* Gingrich carefully avoided service during the Vietnam war. He has absolutely NO military experience whatsoever. A true "chickenhawk" if there ever was one.
Yep old Newt if he ran for POTUS would be strong contender he would have a majority of the neo con vote. Some of them might get a Mathews leg tingle dreaming about the possibilities of having a war movement in 4 countries.That utopian vision of spreading democracy and rebuilding nations with borrowed money.
I can hear the Newtster now "if you are n't for us your against us " or another classic "we have to fight them there instead of here" and the followers will go out and get there little flags to wave and there yellow ribbon car decals.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:

I think we can also agree his grip on the ovarian cancer demographic is rathery shaky.

He didn't just bail on one wife that was sick.

He bailed on two wives that were sick.

That's despicable.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Smile Newt Gingrich

Note to GOP...

Please nominate Gingrich. Pair him with Michelle Bachman. Make the 2012 campaign entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies