Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Newt vs Jon - And the winner is?
Newt 3 25.00%
Jon 6 50.00%
Niether 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:28 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times

Advertisements

Watch the whole interview and vote (not the other way around!!)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu.../newt-gingrich (part one)
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...nded-interview (part two)

And the winner is?

While Newt said Richard Reid was a American citizen, he was wrong on that detail.

(and yes, I know I spelled neither wrong in the poll)

Last edited by plannine; 02-12-2010 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 AM

258 posts, read 448,381 times
Can't vote on this one...they both suck.

I remember when Katie Couric asked Stewart why he had no women or minorities on his staff.... he just sat there with a dumb expression on his face.

Of course this was years ago, he may have made his quota by now.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:04 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Watch the whole interview and vote (not the other way around!!)

Video: Newt Gingrich | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (part one)
Video: Exclusive - Newt Gingrich Extended Interview | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (part two)

And the winner is?

While Newt said Richard Reid was a American citizen, he was wrong on that detail.

(and yes, I know I spelled neither wrong in the poll)

The point that Stewart missed was that the American people don't want these non-uniformed war criminals who have deliberately targeted innocent American civilians to enjoy the same rights as decent people who may have committed a common criminal act.

Stewart is funny and I enjoy his comedy, but we don't need this century's Jerry Lewis playing statesman.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Gee, I didn't know Stewart was a politician.
He's featured on Comedy Central.
Duh.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Gee, I didn't know Stewart was a politician.
He's featured on Comedy Central.
Duh.
And I didn't know that Newt was a comedian, (who gladly accepted) to be on Comedy Central.

They had a discussion on valid issues.

I guess in your America, you can only discuss with people who are like you (or agree with you).

Old 02-12-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Can't vote on this one...they both suck.

I remember when Katie Couric asked Stewart why he had no women or minorities on his staff.... he just sat there with a dumb expression on his face.

Of course this was years ago, he may have made his quota by now.

It was a dumb question.

Katie didn't have any on her staff either, at the time.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The point that Stewart missed was that the American people don't want these non-uniformed war criminals who have deliberately targeted innocent American civilians to enjoy the same rights as decent people who may have committed a common criminal act.

Stewart is funny and I enjoy his comedy, but we don't need this century's Jerry Lewis playing statesman.
An intelligent opinion is an intelligent opinion. Whether there is a funny spin on it or not.

After watching Fox News and CNN, I think Stewart interviews someone he disagrees with better than either of those other stations.

The military tribunals haven't worked nearly as well as the legal system in gaining convictions. Your principles, as admirable as they may be, do not seem to work in the real world. Even the Bush Administration realized this when they used the legal system to try terrorists.

Last edited by odinloki1; 02-12-2010 at 05:19 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 06:10 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Another very good interview by Stewart.

I voted neither, simply because a discussion shouldn't be about winning. If people left and right would stop being so concerned about "winning" debates and discussion and started focusing more on learning and such, a ****load more would get done.

I think Stewart brought up a few good points, and Gingrich had some difficulties answering them, but the main thing I'm left with is that it was a good debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies