Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times

Advertisements

I dont care if its Fox,MSNBC,Print Media...
Most of these guys will edit video,put a spin on things or..
Even decide which stories to run or not run based on the agenda..
They want to push.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM

245 posts, read 586,062 times
People are biased.
The news media is a creation of people.
Why wouldn't it be biased,as well?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
What ever happened to OBJECTIVITY? Just the facts. The temperature today is... the plane landed in... the Presidnet is speaking today at ... No interpretation, just facts. When I watch CSPAN I feel it is a more objective way to get the news, but you have to have a lot of time.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
TV is hollow, also linear.
The best source for news is in print. One can skip over the useless stories about celebrities, sports, etc.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
What ever happened to OBJECTIVITY? Just the facts. The temperature today is... the plane landed in... the Presidnet is speaking today at ... No interpretation, just facts. When I watch CSPAN I feel it is a more objective way to get the news, but you have to have a lot of time.
I think most media was this way until the 60's?
Someone might correct me but i think thats when more bias started..
Creeping into journalism.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Even decide which stories to run or not run based on the agenda..
They want to push.
The only bias that I have ever observed in a news meeting is the inbred bias of what constitutes a good story.

News meeting, at least at newspapers, are often contentious arguments about what should or shouldn't go into the next days paper and even once a decision is made to run a story, where it runs can be equally as contentious. There isn't any one set agenda, its a process of consensus between the various line editors, and the managing editors all of whom come to the table with their own biases and perspectives.

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Most media is not bias. Some reporters may put their 2 cents in, but for the most part it's pretty fair. Fox news is the only outlet that is there for entertainment purposes only with twisted truths and false reporting going on.

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Of course the media is biased.

When most journalists consider themselves to be of one certain political ideology it is almost a guarantee their personal beliefs will show.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Most media is not bias. Some reporters may put their 2 cents in, but for the most part it's pretty fair. Fox news is the only outlet that is there for entertainment purposes only with twisted truths and false reporting going on.
no, they are all biased or 'leaning' one way or the other

MSNBC is very biased to the left, and has a lot of deception
cnn is slightly biased, but fair
fox leans to the right, but is balanced

Old 07-21-2010, 08:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
What the hell is objective and who would want to read of hear it? If a media organization presented the "just the facts" as you laid it out, it would be nothing more than the reprinting of airline and political schedules.

CSPAN is great for what it does, but CSPAN doesn't do much in the way of in-depth reporting such as the Washington Post excellent serious on the intelligence establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies