Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She ran away...she fled...she looked like an idiot. She called the conference of the local press and then snubbed them. The woman is a a dingbat. If she "staged" it, she would have at least shown an attempt at legitimacy. Sorry, deflecting or defending her is an obvious partisan action.
Did you learn anything about context in the past few days? Please try reading what I responded to. I responded to the poster saying that she couldn't handle anything but staged reporters and questions, so I responded with what I did. Makes complete sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Default Obama takes no questions at "FREEDOM OF PRESS ACT" signing.

I guess Sharron Angle is learning strategy from the loony left.

Obama: No questions at press freedom event | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-No-questions-at-press-freedom-event-93945554.html - broken link)

Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I guess Sharron Angle is learning strategy from the loony left.

Obama: No questions at press freedom event | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-No-questions-at-press-freedom-event-93945554.html - broken link)
I'll give you an "A" for effort, but it was not a press conference.

Angle called a press conference. She invited people to a pool party and didn't have a pool. Ludicrous!

As for why this is a news story; it's highly unusual for a candidate for major office to regularly avoid the media as Angle has done and not even take one or two questions.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/node/38541

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-23-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'll give you an "A" for effort, but it was not a press conference.

Angle called a press conference. She invited people to a pool party and didn't have a pool. Ludicrous!
HHHMMM The Leader of the Free World has a signing event for a Freedom of the Press act but wont' take questions from the Press?!? LOL oh the irony of it all.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LOL..Try again and get a clue yourself! Why do so many people just spout off without knowing anything???????

Obama Signs Unemployment Extension (http://apexnewsnetwork.com/25214/obama-signs-unemployment-extension-%E2%80%93-president-rushes-to-sign-off-on-unemployment-extension-bill/ - broken link)

It is now up to 123 weeks
WRONG WRONG LIE LIE WRONG WRONG LIE

The max is still 99 weeks. Unemployment has different tier levels meaning the amount of benefits you are eligible for varies based on when you were laid off and/or use up all your benefits. What was extended six months were the cut off dates for each tier level, but it did not expand the benefits beyond 99 weeks.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Just some of Obama's own wonderful press conferences.

YouTube - Obama: Don't Ask Me No Questions

Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
HHHMMM The Leader of the Free World has a signing event for a Freedom of the Press act but wont' take questions from the Press?!? LOL oh the irony of it all.
You are being redundant. Read your own link. Obama clealry stated that it was not a press conference. Obama is POTUS, not a candidate that is being questioned so that people know who the hell she is. Although we already know that she wants to get rid of unemployment and further deregulate the oil industry. Good choice Nevada.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
SAN ANTONIO, Tex. - An exasperated Barack Obama scurried away Monday from the toughest news conference of his campaign, telling reporters who kept shouting questions that he'd spent enough time on the grill.
"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions," Obama, looking surprised, told shouting reporters as he fled the room.

Read more: Angry Barack Obama bombarded by media

Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM

105 posts, read 201,608 times
Default Liberal media changes things around.

PEOPLE get your facts straight. The people she was trying to avoid if that was the case were liberals who changes the facts around, my guess they are for Harry Reid and want to make Angle look bad regardless of what she says. They can cut and change things around you know. Do you believe everything the Liberal put out there. Obama, Bush, liars. Everyone I know who is a liberal is a liar.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
WRONG WRONG LIE LIE WRONG WRONG LIE

The max is still 99 weeks. Unemployment has different tier levels meaning the amount of benefits you are eligible for varies based on when you were laid off and/or use up all your benefits. What was extended six months were the cut off dates for each tier level, but it did not expand the benefits beyond 99 weeks.
Oh yeah? It's not called an extension for nothing and you don't need 34 billion dollars to extend a deadline. The 34 billion is being used to PAY 6 more months worth of UE. Come on man, you actually think people are that stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies