Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

It will start with men's clothing including underwear.
Wallymart wants to track inventory..ON YOUR BODY when you come into the store. They say it's to keep inventory "for you" so you'll find it when you need it.

Since Wallymart doesn't make underwear themselves it means it will ask their suppliers (Hanes or Fruit of the Loom or the jeans supplier) to embed the RFID in their labels.

Wallymart said they would ask their suppliers to embed these chips in the labels and not in the clothing itself.

"Let the tag ripping begin" !!!!

Wal-Mart plan to use smart tags raises privacy concerns - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
The moral of the story is, if you're paranoid or going to commit a crime, don't shop Walmart. I don't, but for other reasons.

BTW - If you have a cell phone, gps, ipod, or other personal electronic device you may already be having your movements tracked. You have no way of knowing what was installed at the factory.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The moral of the story is, if you're paranoid or going to commit a crime, don't shop Walmart. I don't, but for other reasons.

BTW - If you have a cell phone, gps, ipod, or other personal electronic device you may already be having your movements tracked. You have no way of knowing what was installed at the factory.
Some businesses can also "listen in" on your car radio as you pass by on the street outside. That way, they can target their advertising.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Some businesses can also "listen in" on your car radio as you pass by on the street outside. That way, they can target their advertising.
You are joking, aren't you?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 AM

In an age when a satellite can read a license plate from 250 miles, no. Not joking in the least.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Are they "listening in" on your car radio, as in what station you are tuned to or are they hearing the conversation going on in your car? Forgive me, I'm not real tech savvy.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
Are they "listening in" on your car radio, as in what station you are tuned to or are they hearing the conversation going on in your car? Forgive me, I'm not real tech savvy.
They can tell which station you're tuned to by the broadcast frequency.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
When you get your new undies home, toss 'em in the microwave for about thirty seconds. That should take care of the "parasites"........

YC.......

Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 AM

382 posts, read 302,994 times
I can't stand wal mart. For someone that had to use a cart for a year and going to wal mart was an only option to get certain items they had the worst carts ever. I could go to a local grocery store and use better ones. Also as a father who watches his kids every day when I go to wal mart and my daughter needs to use the rest room its not comfortable taking her into the mens rest room so try just a little harder to install family bathrooms! I mean wal mart is the largest business of its kind I am sure they can afford it.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:19 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Wal-mart has been trying to do this for years. They have been rattling on about it for suppliers to do so since 2005.

If you don't want them, don't shop at a store that sell crap anyways and they will find it's unprofitable.

Don't you people say the free market will solve all our problems, and we don't need corporate regulation?

I guess corporate regulation is okay for things cranks don't like. A bit hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies