Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 PM

640 posts, read 388,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao When someone continues to make ridiculous claims, while race baiting, they expose themselves as the one with the problem.

I cannot think of a reason WHY the Tea party would speak out against an individual who is not affliated with them.
The Tea Party stands for reducing big government. That is their agenda no matter how you try to falsely paint it. Your inability to understand that simple fact while irrationally pursing the race angle is your short coming not the Tea Partys.

That is your irrational thought process that leads you to believe it is the Tea Partys job to denounce people unaffiliated with them.
You're very persistent in your efforts to change the subject of this thread to me instead of David Duke and his endorsement of the Tea Party. All the race baiting personal attacks are not necessary, unless someone is wanting to shut down the thread and attempting to make this discussion personal, in the hopes that someone will shut down the thread.

I think the very fact that tea party members say that David Duke has no affiliation with them would be the BASIS for their making a public statement of that fact and REJECTING his support. If I were starting a new political movement, believe me, I would NOT want the support of neo-nazis, or radical/violent black racists, NOR the support of David Duke. You cannot stop him from making those statements but you can indeed make certain that people know he's NOT in your camp.

This is a subject which is being discussed nationally right now.....are white natioinalist supporting the Tea Party, the NAACP made a public statement asking the Tea Party to denounce white nationalist/supremacist members in the movement, and the Tea Party has remained silent. This is a valid subject for discussion. Why aren't you tea party members writing letters, lobbying somebody, to make a statement of rejection of the white supremacists/white racists?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not a Tea Partier, but I have answered the question several times. I don't think he is as important to most as he is to you and WNs. I listen to the news almost every day. Never here a word. I talk with colleagues at work (left and right) and never hear a word. People that actually have lives, those not like us on the net getting our drama fixes , probably have no idea who he is.

eta: who is the Tea Party leader that would be the one to reject Duke? Once you tell me that, I'll see if I can google the name for information.
How about Mr. Webb, the man who publicly kicked out the tea party member who wrote the racist open letter to Lincoln.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
How about Mr. Webb, the man who publicly kicked out the tea party member who wrote the racist open letter to Lincoln.
Ok, I just googled webb and tea party. First hit (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-tea-party-mark-williams-story,0,5143309.story - broken link)...

"The National Tea Party Federation, an organization that represents the Tea Party political movement around the country, has expelled Williams and his Tea Party Express organization because of the inflammatory blog post Williams wrote last week, federation spokesman David Webb said Sunday. In response, Williams announced in another statement on his blog that, "I am refusing all media requests on this" and canceled a scheduled interview on CNN to discuss the controversy Sunday evening, citing a last-minute change in travel plans."

So, this guy was kicked out for an offensive, racist blog. Am I getting that right? If he was kicked out for doing that, then I'm confused as to why one racist would be embraced and another rejected. I'm just not following the logic here. Maybe I'm missing something.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ok, I just googled webb and tea party. First hit (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-tea-party-mark-williams-story,0,5143309.story - broken link)...

"The National Tea Party Federation, an organization that represents the Tea Party political movement around the country, has expelled Williams and his Tea Party Express organization because of the inflammatory blog post Williams wrote last week, federation spokesman David Webb said Sunday. In response, Williams announced in another statement on his blog that, "I am refusing all media requests on this" and canceled a scheduled interview on CNN to discuss the controversy Sunday evening, citing a last-minute change in travel plans."

So, this guy was kicked out for an offensive, racist blog. Am I getting that right? If he was kicked out for doing that, then I'm confused as to why one racist would be embraced and another rejected. I'm just not following the logic here. Maybe I'm missing something.
That's my point. Why is the Tea Party ignoring David Duke's endorsement when they kicked out a member for writing a racist blog? It doesn't make sense that they would take action against one white racist, yet ignore completely the endorsement of a nationally known white supremacist? It's inconsistent. It is clear that the stormfront web site members support the Tea Party and post to each other about plans to attend Tea Party rallies. There have been enormously offensive white racist signs displayed at Tea Party rallies. What is the Tea Party so quite about that segment of its membership?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:32 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not being a smart ass, it has been asked and answered a few pages back
The question was not directed toward you.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
That's my point. Why is the Tea Party ignoring David Duke's endorsement when they kicked out a member for writing a racist blog?
Did you read the article? I linked it. He and his division, or whatever, was an accepted member of the National Tea Party Federation (NTPF). Are you saying that Duke is an accepted member of the NTPF? I have no idea.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense that they would take action against one white racist, yet ignore completely the endorsement of a nationally known white supremacist? It's inconsistent. It is clear that the stormfront web site members support the Tea Party and post to each other about plans to attend Tea Party rallies. There have been enormously offensive white racist signs displayed at Tea Party rallies. What is the Tea Party so quite about that segment of its membership?
If he's not a member of the NTPF then I don't see why they should pay him any attention. I don' think political orgs or politicians should give air time to loons. Obviously, candidates have little choice if the media gives too much airtime, like with Obama and Farrakhan. Under any other circumstance, the man should never have been acknowledged. As another poster mentioned pages ago, all that does is give these idiots more power. Sure, put him on prime-time. That's exactly what he wants.

Now that I think of it, this thread is a puppet for Duke. Huh.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying they are. I'm wondering why, if they are not predominately white ractists, why they won't publicly reject the endorsement by a VERY WELL KNOWN WHITE SUPREMACIST, David Duke. Doesn't make sense to me. Why would they even hesitate to reject the support/endorsement of a well-known white supremacist as well as his supporters at stormfront? Why? Seems pretty simple to just come out with a public statement saying that Duke is not a member of their organization and that the Tea Party rejects Duke's endorsement as well as the support of members of stormfront.
As everyone else, I don't think they're paying much attention to Duke.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:38 PM

425 posts, read 366,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
As everyone else, I don't think they're paying much attention to Duke.
And more importantly they aren't paying attention to a truly reformed union and that is Exactly what this is about. Civil war is coming.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
See Post #305. "Denounce & Reject"......Now can you stay on topic? David Duke and his endorsement of the Tea Party and their silence regarding that endorsement.

Hmmmm...........what is this? http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...n-endorsement/

Sen. Barack Obama denounced the recent support for his candidacy expressed Sunday by controversial minister and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
“I have been very clear in my denunciation” of Farrakhan’s history of anti-Semitic remarks, Obama said at the Democratic debate in Cleveland, “I did not solicit his support.”...

Sen. Hillary Clinton suggested Obama’s comments weren’t good enough, citing her own record of rejecting controversial support in her 2000 Senate bid. “There’s a difference between denouncing and rejecting,” she countered, “And I made it very clear that I did not want their support, I rejected it,” she said, “I would not be associated with people” that make such comments.
Obama quickly responded. “I’m happy to concede the point and I would reject and denounce,” he said. “Good, good,” replied Clinton.
If I can make contact with the national head quarters of the TP and get them to denounce Duke, will you be quiet?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
If I can make contact with the national head quarters of the TP and get them to denounce Duke, will you be quiet?
yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies