Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Don't need a smart azz to tell me what to do, way too old for that. I just asked a question.
not being a smart ass, it has been asked and answered a few pages back

Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM

640 posts, read 388,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Thats kinda funny seeing anyone with a mouth and an audience can be a mouthpiece for anybody or any party. . And that goes double dip on You Tube. How would you view an individual with a strong nucleus who refused to acknowledge anyone who spoke for them because they spoke for themselves . Lordy I cant even begin to account for how many people speak for Obama. How does the picking and choosing process go when it comes time to rebuke a mouthpiece ?
When the endorsement by a well-known white supremacist creates negative press, creates a negative image of one's organization at a national level, perhaps then it is time to "rebuke" such a mouthpiece....that is, if you don't want the bad image which was created by the support of the well-known white supremacist.

Or just ignore the well-known "mouth-piece" with many followers and hope those followers do not overtake your organization.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Nitsua, why do you insist the TP is a racist organization?
I'm not saying they are. I'm wondering why, if they are not predominately white ractists, why they won't publicly reject the endorsement by a VERY WELL KNOWN WHITE SUPREMACIST, David Duke. Doesn't make sense to me. Why would they even hesitate to reject the support/endorsement of a well-known white supremacist as well as his supporters at stormfront? Why? Seems pretty simple to just come out with a public statement saying that Duke is not a member of their organization and that the Tea Party rejects Duke's endorsement as well as the support of members of stormfront.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So - why doesn't the Tea Party reject david Duke's endorsement?
AGAIN... For the same reason Obama and the Dems don't reject the NBPP's and Farrakhan's endorsements. Answer that, and you have the answer to your question.

Let's see what you come up with...

Old 07-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
AGAIN... For the same reason Obama and the Dems don't reject the NBPP's and Farrakhan's endorsements. Answer that, and you have the answer to your question.

I am not Obama. I am not the "Dems"...........I don't know their reason for doing or not doing any specific thing. The DNC does not consult me when they make decisions, neither does the President.

And clearly you do not want to state why YOU THINK the Tea Party is staying silent on the issue of David Duke and stormfront. Do you think that the TEa Party wants the support and membership of white nationalists, therefore, they won't reject David Duke because he's a white nationalist leader? Or do you think there might be sufficient numbers of white nationalists who are members of the Tea Party, so, of course, they are not going to issue a public statement rejecting themselves?

Hmmmm...........what is this? http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...n-endorsement/

Sen. Barack Obama denounced the recent support for his candidacy expressed Sunday by controversial minister and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
“I have been very clear in my denunciation” of Farrakhan’s history of anti-Semitic remarks, Obama said at the Democratic debate in Cleveland, “I did not solicit his support.”...

Sen. Hillary Clinton suggested Obama’s comments weren’t good enough, citing her own record of rejecting controversial support in her 2000 Senate bid. “There’s a difference between denouncing and rejecting,” she countered, “And I made it very clear that I did not want their support, I rejected it,” she said, “I would not be associated with people” that make such comments.
Obama quickly responded. “I’m happy to concede the point and I would reject and denounce,” he said. “Good, good,” replied Clinton.

Last edited by Nitsua; 07-31-2010 at 03:21 PM..

Old 07-31-2010, 03:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
I wonder if people really know how important Duke is to the WN movement. I never knew WN, stormfront, Duke, etc existed before I started spending time on the net. A lot of people don't engage in this kind of behavior. Perhaps as far as some are concerned, he's just another loon to be ignored (maybe).

This came to mind when I was reading this today; a follow up Tea Party demographs...

"Reading about the NYT poll on the makeup of the Tea Party, the most interesting data (beyond the anti-poor, anti-black sentiment) was that Tea Party members are wealthier and better educated than the general public. (The poll pegged their numbers at eighteen percent of the American public -- primarily Republican, white, male, married and over forty-five.)

If that's the case, you have to wonder how much the photos we've seen over and over, represented by the folks in these Huffpost slideshows or "the Teabonics (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/sets/72157623594187379/ - broken link) element" have been much less reflective of the overall group. Of course, "stupid" sells, right? ...Which is not to say, of course, that there is the highest correlation between education and, at least, social intelligence in this swath of the public."

One thing I noticed on storm front is that most of them seemed to be uneducated and poor. Their values were to breed as many whites as possible. That's not typical for folk that dwell in higher SES ranks.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:11 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
I am claiming that white nationalists are white people who probably appear very "mainstream" these days, just like the folks who turn out for the tea party rallies...
Which proves that you have NO idea what Gallup is saying when they say that the tea party's demographics are mainstream. What that means is that the tea party's demographics reflect the U.S. population's demographics. They both have very similar demographic percentages based on various measures such as education level, income level, age, race, etc.

Quote:
we are talking specifically about how the Tea Party is handling the endorsement by David Duke. Not talking about NBPP. Not talking about Obama. Not talking about ALL Democrats. We are talking about the negative effect the David Duke video and his support for the Tea Party is having on the Tea Party.
Then you'll have to accept the negative effect of Obama's and the Dems failure to reject or denounce the NBPP's and Farrakhan's support. The reason why that is: All such support is being handled the exact same way.

Quote:
So much for the choice of the Tea Party to ignore such a radical group within its ranks.
Since Obama and the Dems handle extremists the EXACT SAME WAY, so much for Obama and the Dems ignoring radical members and supporters within their ranks.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:

It's not a complicated point you're making. I can't tell if it's just being ignored or going over heads.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:18 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,532,478 times
There are probably 50 times (and that's a light estimate) more White nationalists in the US there are are NBBP members.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:

You are obviously going to continue going in a circle rather than answering the question directly and staying on topic.

You won't convince me. I have already stated that if this thread was about Farrakahan and the NBPP I would condemn them. this thread, however, does not concern anything except Duke and the Tea Party. I have no way of knowing why or whether to your question. It is entirely possible that they were indeed rejected and the story was never reported by the right-wing media.

If you are a Tea Party adherent I would think you should certainly have some insight into how your organization works. Apparently I am wrong in thinking that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.