Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM

18,404 posts, read 19,040,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It is precisely the same scenario that you view when you look at the Sons of Confederate veterans. They were infiltrated by the klan and the neonazis, and those few individuals left who say they are honoring their "heritage" are far outnumbered by those who are both overt and covert racists. The nazis now regularly fly the CBF next to red flags with swastikas, and now the symbol of 'heritage' is known far and wide as a symbol of hatred and white supremacist sympathizers.

The tea party will suffer the same fate if they cannot summon the moral courage to eliminate the likes of Duke and stormfront and their bigotry from leaving their stamp on the minds of observers.

great post. if the tea party is ok with letting david duke be their mouthpiece for them, then they have to accept the view rational people will derive from that. the TP just keep looking worse and worse when their event calendars are posted on SF and the rest. if the normal people in the TP don't get it straight the TP will become a hateful joke not just the joke they are today

Old 07-31-2010, 02:01 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
And who says the white nationalists of TODAY are not MUCH MORE MAINSTREAM than they used to be.
Are you claiming that non-whites and Democrats are white nationalists?

Quote:
David Duke and other white nationalist leaders have been working for about 25 years now to change the IMAGE of white nationalists to a more mainstream image.....and it appears he and others are having some success with that project.
I'm thinking you're not understanding Gallup's use of 'mainstream.' They mean mainstream as in demographically representing the public at large, i.e., similar percentages of members based on a number of factors including education level, income level, and race.

Quote:
Again, this is NOT about Obama.
It is very valid to point out how extremist groups are handled by ALL political parties. Not sure how that's escaped you, unless you're deliberately trying to manufacture a race-baiting issue where none such exists.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,436 times
Nitsua, why do you insist the TP is a racist organization?

Old 07-31-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Many Jews don't even care for Jews. They were the initial Proselytizers of God , and their model of corruption within religion is still the template for the western world of faith. Yet do we see a group of Jews that we could liken to a tea party complaining about Zionism and all that goes with it ? There are a individuals but the old guards of Prayer that would be speaking up , are no longer around.
You want the Tea party to denounce Duke and the truth of the matter is they are not obligated to do so . What your asking for is some more posing and that is about all it would be . David Duke is no worse than any one else in politics who gets up on a soapbox and preaches . Can you admit that ? As far as a threat goes he is insignificant in comparison to the Israeli state and the Zionist movement. Compared to the likes of Ariel Sharon , Ehud Barak , and Netanyahu , ....... he is like a Shabazz brother. You may not like religion and all but you must admit the judgments people give they end up recipient of . Liberals have become that which the hated and judged in the first place. Again I say let the Tea party publicly weigh in on Israel and issues of foreign affairs. The issue of white racism is a non issue within the scheme of things other than the fact that everyone is now racist whatever their choice.
Everyone in the body politic is denouncable and for as clever /efficient as you are at being informed Nitsy so far you haven't turned on the whole system have you ? Whats your excuse eh ? Indeed you may also be no better than Duke.

If you want to be afraid of people with plans fear those who have the authority over those with the military and police. BTW Arnold is speaking at the Bohemian Grove. Now there is a man who needs denoucing and the Jews say nothing. . Schwarzenegger to speak at Bohemian Club conclave | PressDemocrat.com
of course duke is worse than "others" on a soap box. please all things, all the time, are not equal. duke preaching vile hate filled spew is not equal to some random person on a soap box saying their town needs more stop lights.

white racism is an issue. you just have to read these boards to know how much vile hate we have in our country. if this forum was less moderated like the hate sites you truly would see why white racism is still a problem. yes everyone may have a bias but out and out hateful racism by who ever, should never be tolerated.

I would bet my life that nitsua is WAY better than duke perhaps you may feel yourself on an even keel with duke, I do not and I doubt nitsua does either.

Arnold is off topic

Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM

425 posts, read 367,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
great post. if the tea party is ok with letting david duke be their mouthpiece for them, then they have to accept the view rational people will derive from that. the TP just keep looking worse and worse when their event calendars are posted on SF and the rest. if the normal people in the TP don't get it straight the TP will become a hateful joke not just the joke they are today
Thats kinda funny seeing anyone with a mouth and an audience can be a mouthpiece for anybody or any party. . And that goes double dip on You Tube. How would you view an individual with a strong nucleus who refused to acknowledge anyone who spoke for them because they spoke for themselves . Lordy I cant even begin to account for how many people speak for Obama. How does the picking and choosing process go when it comes time to rebuke a mouthpiece ?

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I'm thinking you're not understanding Gallup's use of 'mainstream.' They mean mainstream as in demographically representing the public at large, i.e., similar percentages of members based on a number of factors including education level, income level, and race.

It is very valid to point out how extremist groups are handled by ALL political parties. Not sure how that's escaped you, unless you're deliberately trying to manufacture a race-baiting issue where none such exists.
So - why doesn't the Tea Party reject david Duke's endorsement?

You haven't answered that one yet except by trying to derail the entire thread with deflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Nitsua, why do you insist the TP is a racist organization?

perhaps go pack a few pages and take a refresher course

Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 PM

640 posts, read 388,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

I am claiming that white nationalists are white people who probably appear very "mainstream" these days, just like the folks who turn out for the tea party rallies. Don't beleive that black people are allowed membership in white nationalist/white supremacist organizations, but don't know for sure. Are you saying that it is impossible for an organization to use a person or people in order to further their agenda?

We are not talking about ALL political parties.........we are talking about one specific political "movement" (they're not yet and official political party, are they?)........we are talking specifically about how the Tea Party is handling the endorsement by David Duke. Not talking about NBPP. Not talking about Obama. Not talking about ALL Democrats. We are talking about the negative effect the David Duke video and his support for the Tea Party is having on the Tea Party.

As I said previously, if the tea party members want to sit back and say nothing, and hope this thing goes away, then they will suffer the consequences of being perceived by Independents, Democrats, non-members, and many in the media, as a white racist political movement. And as long as white nationalists join the Tea Party and bring their racist signs to Tea Party rallies for all the world to see, well, that just adds to the negative image. So much for the choice of the Tea Party to ignore such a radical group within its ranks.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:17 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
perhaps go pack a few pages and take a refresher course
Don't need a smart azz to tell me what to do, way too old for that. I just asked a question.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Thats kinda funny seeing anyone with a mouth and an audience can be a mouthpiece for anybody or any party. . And that goes double dip on You Tube. How would you view an individual with a strong nucleus who refused to acknowledge anyone who spoke for them because they spoke for themselves . Lordy I cant even begin to account for how many people speak for Obama. How does the picking and choosing process go when it comes time to rebuke a mouthpiece ?
again not black and white. perhaps a matter of degrees. duke has a large following, the lone rant of some person raging against the machine, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.