Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times

Advertisements

Hot Air » Stark explains that the Constitution has no meaning at all

YouTube - PETE STARK: - The Federal Government can do most anything in this country -

Short Excerpt From Hot Air:

Quote:
"The bombastic Stark is almost inaudible when he admits that ObamaCare is a symptom of a federal government that no longer adheres to Constitutional limitations, and indeed doesn’t recognize them at all. Republicans in every district should play this clip and demand an answer from incumbent Democrats who voted for ObamaCare."
Ill echo the blogger. EVERY Republican and every conservative Democrat, if they exist, should play this in their states. Over and over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
That should frighten anyone that this man is saying the federal gov can do almost anything it wants

Then also on top of that why is he always talking to citizens like that. What is wrong with these people that they keep electing this man

Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That should frighten anyone that this man is saying the federal gov can do almost anything it wants

Then also on top of that why is he always talking to citizens like that. What is wrong with these people that they keep electing this man
This man is an enemy to our country. He is an enemy to our freedoms and our way of life. He is our enemy.

It is amazing how people keep re-electing people like him. If we lived in an age where the media truly cared about this country and were the guardian of the people against a corrupt and unjust government, this would be played on every network. Everyone would hear what he said. But alas, it wont be. Perhaps youll see it on a couple Fox News shows but that will be the extent of it, besides the net.

Any liberals care to defend this? Didnt think so.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:46 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
This man is an enemy to our country. He is an enemy to our freedoms and our way of life. He is our enemy.

It is amazing how people keep re-electing people like him. If we lived in an age where the media truly cared about this country and were the guardian of the people against a corrupt and unjust government, this would be played on every network. Everyone would hear what he said. But alas, it wont be. Perhaps youll see it on a couple Fox News shows but that will be the extent of it, besides the net.

Any liberals care to defend this? Didnt think so.
I cant wait to see the responses.

It really scares me that he thinks this. The part that scares me is I doubt hes not alone

Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I cant wait to see the responses.

It really scares me that he thinks this. The part that scares me is I doubt hes not alone
I dont expect many. If they do comment, theyll throw him under the bus or theyll just say something about the GOP. And really, this isnt just a Democrat issue. I believe that many in DC share his views and that should scare most of us. Even a few liberals, though liberal progressives would be okay with this im sure.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM

107 posts, read 91,713 times
Quote:

The Voice of America, Rush, just played this. Fortney is D-bag, always has been, always will be.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
They may not say anything about it, but it's probably because many actually agree with him.

Remember, the people that complain about the feds stomping on the 10th Amendment are just "fringe whackos" to many of these people. The federal government is supposed to care for us, from cradle to grave, according to their Utopian ideology.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM

286 posts, read 535,545 times
This guy spoke at my junior high school in the early 70s. I thought he was a pompous jerk then and my opinion hasn't changed.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,755,404 times
The sad thing is, by abusing the interstate commerce clause or the general welfare clause, historically speaking, he's correct.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,914,446 times
Pure B.S. The Supreme Court rules on what is Constitutional. Remember when the Congress passed the flag burning law and it was ruled unconstitutional? Line item veto was also struck down shortly after Pres. Clinton used it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies