Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:10 AM

175 posts, read 113,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
That is all. Or is it?
Actually yes... because some people ARE their political views. To disagree with them is essentially to hate them. There is little room for compromise with people like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

313 posts, read 406,774 times
I don't hate the Dems, I just hate many of their views and tactics.

Basically it is the "Hate the game, not the player."

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
I don't hate you, I hate your thinking when your political views are full of hate and/or ignorance and because such thinking is unproductive, not because your views are different from mine. I will do whatever I can to expose the errors you are using so that solutions can be found. I will do whatever I can to find a logical middle ground provided you are open to that idea. If not, I will ignore you until you wise up and get with the program. "You" is unfortunately a very large group consisting of millions of stubborn and arrogant Christians, blindly partisan hacks, those who refuse to seek out the truth, and millions more who see other people as enemies instead of opportunities.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
That is all. Or is it?

Hate is pretty strong. I usually reserve it for scum such as Fidel Castro, Osama Bin Laden and Adolph Hitler.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM

226 posts, read 560,044 times
There's hate on both sides. The media reports and we duke it out.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 AM

175 posts, read 113,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I don't hate you, I hate your thinking when your political views are full of hate and/or ignorance and because such thinking is unproductive, not because your views are different from mine. I will do whatever I can to expose the errors you are using so that solutions can be found. I will do whatever I can to find a logical middle ground provided you are open to that idea. If not, I will ignore you until you wise up and get with the program. "You" is unfortunately a very large group consisting of millions of stubborn and arrogant Christians, blindly partisan hacks, those who refuse to seek out the truth, and millions more who see other people as enemies instead of opportunities.
Millions of stubborn and arrogant Christians? Wow. That's kind of a sweeping generalization isn't it? Especially since many of us are NOT stubborn or arrogant and there are zealots in virtually all faiths. Have you ever considered that perhaps your view might be one that needs recalibration?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
As long as everyone is reasonably respectful, I've always found that I can learn more from others who disagree with my opinions that I could ever hope to learn from a room full of people with my same opinion.

Yes, opinions can get heated due to how strongly we hold the opinion, but even if a heated discussion happens, it can be respectful if you're debating resonable people.

I've always found the following to be pretty true. Those who know the least proclaim it the loundest and believe it the strongest.

Open minded people are a commodity is seemingly very short supply these days. Open minded people are the most willing to learn from life's experiences and talking to others about their opinions and experiences in life. Closed mined people refuse to "grow" from life's experdiences and just sit back and spew their firmly heald and never changing beliefs very loudly.....yes we can hear you, but maybe you should realize that you always learn more by using your own two ears....than you'll ever learn by flapping your lips/gums loudly.
I'd add... making a habit of learning a little something from everyone you meet (even those you disagree or do not care to emulate) is making the best out of a free resource gifted to you by others. Presuming anyone (including ourselves) has all the answers is a voluntary disability.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM

372 posts, read 221,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's what they teach at fox news.
Well how about you give us a couple examples of this, or are you just shooting your mouth off making mindless and groundless charges against people who are, dare I say, far most successfull than you have any hopes to be.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM

372 posts, read 221,107 times
Quote:
That is all. Or is it?
I don't hate "you" because your views are different than mine, per se, I DESPISE you becase your views threaten the very survival of my country, the greatest country in the Universe. Because you espouse and support institutions diametrically opposed to freedom, liberty and propsperity, and usually do it because you are either a lazy parasite who wants to be carried through life on somebody else's back, or you are a power crazed POS who uses that possiblity as a lure to amass absolute or near absolute political power.

That is why I hate you to your very core. That is why I fight you at every opportunity, including this forum, and fear one day I might have to fight you in an entirely different manner under the new General George Washington, whoever that may be.

You represent the forces of evil, and to me, hating and fighting evil is NEVER a bad thing, and if America falls as the bastion of good and freedom in the world, freedom and liberty will not soon rekindle.

I hope I have made myself perfectly clear and leave no unanswered questions.

To borrow a phrase from the Great State of Texas "Don't Tread on Me"!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Think as you would like....

try to take my money, we will have problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies