Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
They put the 2/3 in so the bill wouldn't be bogged down with Amendments. They wanted strictly a vote on this legislation as is.
Was that the only special rule that Nasty Nancy threw in? I thought there were some others. I think that King mentioned them. Hell, King wanted the thing passed because he represents a district in New York and he voted for it.

Nope, Little Anthony Weeny was playing a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You know what happened and you also know that the Weeny was playing a game like he so often does when playing the political game.
Yes I know what happened. The GOP wanted to cram a bill with Amendments, the Dems wanted a vote strictly on the bill itself. The GOP threw a s*** fit because they couldn't bog down the bill with Amendments so they voted against healthcare for workers sickened on 9/11.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Was that the only special rule that Nasty Nancy threw in? I thought there were some others. I think that King mentioned them. Hell, King wanted the thing passed because he represents a district in New York and he voted for it.

Nope, Little Anthony Weeny was playing a game.
No other rules or any of that sort. It wasn't a special rule Nancy threw in either. It was strictly something to make sure the legislation was voted on as is, and no Amendments are added on to it. King, who is my Congressman btw did the right thing in voting for the legislation, and should be mad at his own party for blocking this.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,843 times
I wish all bills were voted on this way. No last minute amendments. No pork. It would force the bill writers to get it right and acceptable the first time - before a vote.

I'd have more respect for the Dems if they didn't use this one bill to score points. And on on the tea party side - isn't this the way you want bills passed? Nice and clean with no pork or last minute compromises to buy the required votes?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
The only thing Republicans want to spend money on is tax cuts for the rich. I guess that would help any stricken first responders who happen to be billionaires. Oh, and how was the bill to be paid for? By closing a tax loophole for foreign multinational corporations that incorporate in tax haven countries to avoid U.S. taxes. That’s right, Republicans care more for Swiss bankers than they do for American paramedics. Wow. Give them credit for sticking to their principles… though that really stretches the meaning of the word “principles.” Nice going, Republicans—you’ve just added insult to one of the worst injuries this nation has ever received.

Randi Rhodes

Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So why doesn't the headline complain about the 4 dems who didn't vote in favor or the 11 repubs who did?
Because that wouldnt give the OP anything valid to complain about..

Btw, I thought we had a national healthcare.. why do 9/11 individuals need special insurance? Isnt their care already covered?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The only thing Republicans want to spend money on is tax cuts for the rich. I guess that would help any stricken first responders who happen to be billionaires. Oh, and how was the bill to be paid for? By closing a tax loophole for foreign multinational corporations that incorporate in tax haven countries to avoid U.S. taxes. That’s right, Republicans care more for Swiss bankers than they do for American paramedics. Wow. Give them credit for sticking to their principles… though that really stretches the meaning of the word “principles.” Nice going, Republicans—you’ve just added insult to one of the worst injuries this nation has ever received.

Randi Rhodes
Haha.. the bill will be paid for by forcing companies to leave the country.. oooh the liberal mind... If it wasnt so pathetic it would be humorous..

Old 07-30-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes I know what happened. The GOP wanted to cram a bill with Amendments, the Dems wanted a vote strictly on the bill itself. The GOP threw a s*** fit because they couldn't bog down the bill with Amendments so they voted against healthcare for workers sickened on 9/11.
So now everyone in the country has national heatlcare, except those sickened on 9/11? We do after all have national healthcare right? I remember Obama signing that bill into law..

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha.. the bill will be paid for by forcing companies to leave the country.. oooh the liberal mind... If it wasnt so pathetic it would be humorous..
Forcing companies to leave the country?? please, it was about closing loopholes which allow foreign companies with U.S subsidies a way to squirm around paying taxes.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now everyone in the country has national heatlcare, except those sickened on 9/11? We do after all have national healthcare right? I remember Obama signing that bill into law..
This provides a compensation fund for those sickened, as well as helps fund treatment centers for those who were sickened from ingesting this crap as well as providing specialized treatment for the workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies