Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times

Advertisements

On Dennis Miller’s radio show today,
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) attacked
the bill, claiming that it plainly stated
that Americans would be forced out of
their current health care plans “within
five years”:

The House bill actually increases the
number of people who receive coverage
through their employer by 2 million
(in 2019) and shifts most of the uninsured
into private coverage.

Think Progress » Bachmann Misreads House Health Bill To Claim ‘Whatever Health Care You Have Now’ Will Be Gone In 5 Years

I am truly convinced that this nutjob is clinically insane...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
On Dennis Miller’s radio show today,
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) attacked
the bill, claiming that it plainly stated
that Americans would be forced out of
their current health care plans “within
five years”:

The House bill actually increases the
number of people who receive coverage
through their employer by 2 million
(in 2019) and shifts most of the uninsured
into private coverage.

Think Progress » Bachmann Misreads House Health Bill To Claim ‘Whatever Health Care You Have Now’ Will Be Gone In 5 Years

I am truly convinced that this nutjob is clinically insane...
Whenever this looney toon opens her mouth, I can't help but wonder "who the hell voted for her?"

Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Whenever this looney toon opens her mouth, I can't help but wonder "who the hell voted for her?"
Kind of reminds me of Palin. Two birds of a feather flock together...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
You betcha, sure. Can you imagine them as Presidential running mates?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
There's some similarities, but I don't see them as two of a kind.

I actually enjoy hearing and talking about Palin. I find her entertaining, and even somewhat likable. (I'd never vote for her, however.)

With Bachmann, I just shake my head when I see or hear her. Unlike Palin, I can't imagine Bachmann moving up in the political world. Palin may come across as a bit of a dingbat, but Bachmann comes across as a loon. Loons are scarier and less electable than dingbats.

Even Glenn Beck was shaking his head and rolling his eyes when he interviewed her recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZS9UW0okY4

Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
She is right, there is a 5 year Grandfather period after which the insurance you have must change to conform with government regulations. So your insurance will not be the same.

Read the bill.

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/...CA09001xml.pdf

Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's some similarities, but I don't see them as two of a kind.

I actually enjoy hearing and talking about Palin. I find her entertaining, and even somewhat likable. (I'd never vote for her, however.)

With Bachmann, I just shake my head when I see or hear her. Unlike Palin, I can't imagine Bachmann moving up in the political world. Palin may come across as a bit of a dingbat, but Bachmann comes across as a loon. Loons are scarier and less electable than dingbats.

Even Glenn Beck was shaking his head and rolling his eyes when he interviewed her recently.

YouTube - Bachmann Rails Against Census On Beck
I watched your link... She was still babbling on after Beck cut her off. Lord help the Republican Party is all I can say.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
She is right, there is a 5 year Grandfather period after which the insurance you have must change to conform with government regulations. So your insurance will not be the same.

Read the bill.

Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage (http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf - broken link).” The section that refers to five years is on page 17, but it’s not about pushing Americans off their current health plans. As the summary on Rep. Pete Stark’s (D-CA) website notes, it simply “provides for a five year grace period for current group health plans to meet specified standards.”

Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

Read the bill.

Read it? Why would they do that? That would take away time from calling Bachman a crazy ignoramus. She's probably insane from all that reading of bills before voting on them, right libs? The sane representatives just believe what their told and vote the way Obama, Pelosi and Reed tell them to.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Who's willing to bet she didn't even read it, much less misread it, before being the blabber mouth that she is.

And even if she were to, you can bet, she would have twisted it to fit her political drivel anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies