Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The people at the WH Press corp aren't the ones people accuse of being right wing.

The idiots on fox and friends, those guys are biased.
Apparantly not thought of as you describe by the press corp.

Of course, you would know better what they think than they do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now that the nasty old bat Helen Thomas is gone, there was a bit of competition for the front row seat. AP gets Helen's old seat, Fox moves up.

By this decision, the board shows how much they respect Fox as a news organization, even of the face of petitions from the Left to award the seat to anybody but Fox.

The fringe Left, smacked in the head once again.

Fox News to move to front-row White House briefing room seat - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
But you like to call the WH the fringe left. Make up your mind.

So the RW line on Helen Thomas is that she was a "nasty old bat"? She wasn't exactly good looking but do you have any idea the valuable role she played on behalf of the free press, that is, you?

Might want to look it up.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM

175 posts, read 113,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yep, you completely missed the point.
No... you just don't realize you don't have one.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:51 AM

17,418 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
The people at the WH Press corp aren't the ones people accuse of being right wing.

The idiots on fox and friends, those guys are biased.
How soon we forget that the administration tried to exclude Fox from the press pool.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
How soon we forget that the administration tried to exclude Fox from the press pool.
Didn't work either, did it?

The commentators on Fox are the ones I accuse of bias. Murdock has said he twists facts, and out right lies.

Hell, they had a lawsuit to fight for the right to lie on air, to the public.

I still don't understand why people watch a news network that professes publicly that it doesn't tell the truth. But, thats on them I guess.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Didn't work either, did it?

The commentators on Fox are the ones I accuse of bias. Murdock has said he twists facts, and out right lies.

Hell, they had a lawsuit to fight for the right to lie on air, to the public.

I still don't understand why people watch a news network that professes publicly that it doesn't tell the truth. But, thats on them I guess.

You really need to pick. Either you think Fox is biased or it's not. You can't have it both ways.

Well, you can ... but then everything you say from here on out should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You really need to pick. Either you think Fox is biased or it's not. You can't have it both ways.

Well, you can ... but then everything you say from here on out should be taken with a grain of salt.
Their commentators seem to be biased, at least to me and a great deal of rational thinking people.

I'm sure they have many fine employees who aren't biased, nor want to be. However, many of their "on air personalities" seem to have a conservative bias.

While this is a clearly biased link I'm about to post, it contains a great deal of links to actual news broadcasts, and transcripts.

FOX News Bias Evidence (http://www.oreilly-sucks.com/foxbias.htm - broken link)

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Their commentators seem to be biased, at least to me and a great deal of rational thinking people.

I'm sure they have many fine employees who aren't biased, nor want to be. However, many of their "on air personalities" seem to have a conservative bias.

While this is a clearly biased link I'm about to post, it contains a great deal of links to actual news broadcasts, and transcripts.

FOX News Bias Evidence (http://www.oreilly-sucks.com/foxbias.htm - broken link)
I went through about 1/2 of the links and nothing seems to be more current than 2006. Most were from 2001-2004 at best.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I went through about 1/2 of the links and nothing seems to be more current than 2006. Most were from 2001-2004 at best.
Yeah, they aren't biased anymore, but they used to be, so thats ok.

A tiger can't change his stripes.....

Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they aren't biased anymore, but they used to be, so thats ok.

A tiger can't change his stripes.....
You seem to be very big on "show me proof" & "link please" so I thought the severely outdated links were worth mentioning.

Just trying to keep everything fair & balanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies