Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I think it's disgusting how the family is playing the race card. Yes, your darling perfect son was fired because he was black....not because he was shown on tape stealing beer.

"Shooter claimed to have found a picture of a noose and a racial epithet written in the workplace restroom."

Oh please. And that's cause for killing innocent people? How do we know he didn't put it there himself to gain sympathy or to sue for money. This reeks like the Columbia University noose hoax.

It would be the "race card" if the shooter himself never mentioned race and the family instead injected race into it, if the race card is even a valid phenomenon, which it is not. The family just repeated what the shooter had been communicating to them and then you say it is the "race card".

Well...at least he did not bottle up his frustration and go back into the black community and release his anger there when someone stepped on his shoes or looked at him "funny". Then the comments would simply be about how its good if they just kill each other off. I don't condone violence. I hate it. However....more will be done about gun control and the like if its not just minorities killing minorities. I hate to say it....but its true. if whites start killing each other like they did during the years of prohibition or if a lot of the violence in the black community spills over into the white community......things will get pushed for change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Do you think every instance of a black person experiencing racism as "playing the race card"?
No, but I don't believe every person who screams racism, either. It's used too often as a cop-out excuse to not have to take responsibility for your own actions.

I don't doubt that some of the shooter's co-workers didn't like him. But I don't believe that the sole reason they didn't like him was because he was black. Nobody has proof of this. And to assume so makes you the racist, not them.

Quote:
Do you know all the facts?
No, and neither do you.

Quote:
Do you know the victims of this tragedy?
No, and neither do you. I don't buy into the myth that every single white person born after the Civil Rights era is a racist who hates blacks and secretly attends midnight Klan rallies while smiling "good morning!" to black people at work. Sorry, that's not even close to being a half-truth.

Quote:
Have you seen the tape of his alleged theft?
No, but his supervisors have seen the tape.

Quote:
Do you have proof that the shooter did not have a picture of a noose and racial slurs in the restroom?
Do you have proof that he did?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant;

Well...at least he did not bottle up his frustration and go back into the black community and release his anger there when someone stepped on his shoes or looked at him "funny". Then the comments would simply be about how its good if they just kill each other off. I don't condone violence. I hate it. However....more will be done about gun control and the like if its not just minorities killing minorities. I hate to say it....but its true. if whites start killing each other like they did during the years of prohibition or if a lot of the violence in the black community spills over into the white community......things will get pushed for change.
What a bizarre worldview.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
This guy (who was Black) targeted only his White male co-workers apparently. Was he a racist? Can this be considered a hate crime?
Good question.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM

No, but I don't believe every person who screams racism, either. It's used too often as a cop-out excuse to not have to take responsibility for your own actions.
Neither do I. Both phenomenon exists. Racism and people who falsely claim racism. One has to have the ability to discern the difference.
I don't doubt that some of the shooter's co-workers didn't like him. But I don't believe that the sole reason they didn't like him was because he was black. Nobody has proof of this. And to assume so makes you the racist, not them.
If ones color ADDS to the reason, whether its the sole reason or not, its still racism.
No, and neither do you.

No, and neither do you. I don't buy into the myth that every single white person born after the Civil Rights era is a racist who hates blacks and secretly attends midnight Klan rallies while smiling "good morning!" to black people at work. Sorry, that's not even close to being a half-truth.
I think somone actually has to believe something before its a "Myth". Hell, every single white person was not a racist when black people were slaves.....yet....blacks were still slaves. There are 5 whites for every one black, approximaetely, so it hardly takes a MAJORITY of whites have a big impact upon blacks. If only 16% of whites are racist, that would be one racist white person for every black person alive in this nation and more than enough to do damage.
The supervisor may have been one of the racist.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:

YOU made the claim that the family was playing the race card. You agree with me that not every instance of black-experienced racism is “made up”, but you say that you also don’t believe every person that “screams” about it has a genuine beef. Seeing as how you yourself agree that some instances are genuine and some are part up, what led you to make the strong assertion that this black family was playing the race part…perhaps even for monetary gain? It seems like your first reaction to a black complaining about racism with suspicion and disbelief. You do yourself a disservice; paranoia is a two-way street.

Nothing justifies the shooter’s actions, however think about it: If you had a desire to die and wanted to take people with you…wouldn’t it be those who you feel wronged or harassed you? Were these random white victims or those who he claimed harassed him? Pretty much nothing is known at this point…to make assertions on either side is premature.

Quote:
No, and neither do you.
No, I don’t know all the facts. That’s why I, unlike you, didn’t make statements that are unsubstantiated.

Quote:
No, I didn’t know the victims. That’s why I, unlike you, didn’t make statements that are unsubstantiated.

Quote:
So because his supervisors have seen the tape, you can now claim to know he stole beer? We do know that what one sees on a video can have an entirely differently spin in different contexts, right?

Quote:
No, I don't have proof that the victim had evidence of his discrimination. That’s why I, unlike you, didn’t make statements that are unsubstantiated.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What a bizarre worldview.
Truth is often stranger than fiction.
- Mark Twain

Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
Innocent people died at the hands of a racist criminal black man....and the white victims are to blame?!????

Giving this notion any microcosm of noteriety is what is shooting 50 years civil rights right down the toilet!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Neither do I. Both phenomenon exists. Racism and people who falsely claim racism. One has to have the ability to discern the difference.
If ones color ADDS to the reason, whether its the sole reason or not, its still racism.
No, and neither do you.

I think somone actually has to believe something before its a "Myth". Hell, every single white person was not a racist when black people were slaves.....yet....blacks were still slaves. There are 5 whites for every one black, approximaetely, so it hardly takes a MAJORITY of whites have a big impact upon blacks. If only 16% of whites are racist, that would be one racist white person for every black person alive in this nation and more than enough to do damage.
The supervisor may have been one of the racist.
Unions have very specific grievance procedures. This dead murderer apparently did not file any complaint of workplace harrassment or racial discrimination with his union. The union attorneys would have jump all over that employer like wolves on a wounded deer had a complaint of racial discrimination and workplace harrassment been filed.

The fact that no complaint was filed makes the race card played after the fact extremely suspect. The dead murderer didn't even have to confront his employer, all he had to do was go to his union. Chew on that one awhile.

Facts are that people died yesterday and one was the armed murderer violating his workplace policy of no weapons and the rest were unarmed victims.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Innocent people died at the hands of a racist criminal black man....and the white victims are to blame?!????

Giving this notion any microcosm of noteriety is what is shooting 50 years civil rights right down the toilet!!!
Who stated this? Please point to the specific post.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies