Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,539,644 times

Advertisements

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Justice and equality finally prevail!!!!!!!! :-))))))))))))))

California gay marriage ban overturned | General Headlines | Comcast.net (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090305/NEWS-US-GAYMARRIAGE/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
The will of the fools i.e. tyranny. Has been struck down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
so much for the will of the people.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 PM

47 posts, read 31,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Did you say the same when interracial marriage was legalized?

Biased? I guess you didn't pay attention to the court proceedings. If anything, you should be cursing hte defense for defending Prop. 8 rather poorly.

And you try to claim that the Judge is biased?

Apparently you don't know that the country's been like this since the beginning of time.

Hint:

We're not a democracy.

Majority doesn't rule.

Yeah. Liberal judge appointed by President Bush.

That's likely.
1. I wasn't around when they legalized that. If the people say they don't want it then don't force it on them end of story. They can complain more when people in this country get enough of the bs and back stabbing and take this country back.
2.Yes very biased he is an open sodomite so yeah not like he didn't have an agenda or anything. Real neutral person to decide this case.'
3. Actually we are not supposed to be a democracy but unfortunately we are. We are supposed to be a Republic where the people's voice actually means something.
4. The same President Bush who gave amnesty to 12 million illegal invaders. Yeah. I am not a conservative ok. I hated Bush if not more than Obama.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
How the hell is it freedom when the people (including sodomites) voted last year to not allow it in their state and now some sodomite judge takes it into his own hands and changes the will of the voters. People need to rally and do even more to make sure they have the say so when it comes to this not some homosexual judge with an agenda.
Because this isn't the first time this has happened.

People tried to bar blacks from getting married to white.

Judge overturned.

People tried to bar blacks from going to white public schools.

Judge overturned.

Tyranny of hte majority is not allowed in America.

That's specifically why we'r enot a Democracy.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Its not tyranny pal its the voice of the people. Just like when you vote for someone running for office just because your candidate loses you don't take it to court and get him pronounced the winner because some tyrant in a robe says so. We all lose some and we all win some. I wanted someone different running for Gov in my state but it didn't happen and I deal with that. Obviously its the liberals who want to overturn the will of the people. Homosexuals got to vote right along with everyone else in California they lost they need to get over it.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,692,605 times
So if CA people votes that blacks can't marry whites, your saying that it would become legal?

If CA people vote to deny state jobs to people of Italian heritage, your saying it would be legal?

If CA people vote to make it illegal for females to drive cars, your saying it' would be legal?

If CA people vote that only people over 40 can use the beach, your saying it would be legal?

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
It's called judicial review. It was found "unconstitutional." Are you familiar with the system of checks and balances?

Quote:
How the hell is it freedom when the people (including sodomites) voted last year to not allow it in their state and now some sodomite judge takes it into his own hands and changes the will of the voters. People need to rally and do even more to make sure they have the say so when it comes to this not some homosexual judge with an agenda.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,947 times
Quote:
wow, well we must think very highly of ourselves. Holier than thou much?
The very essence of this nation, is majority rule and minority rights...that's the core principle behind a liberal democracy [which we are]. This was a tenent first proposed and written about by Plato in his Republic and expaounded upond by Aristotle-both sodomites, as you might eloquently call them. But two of the greatest minds to ever live.

The majority DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to curtail the rights of minorities.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Its not tyranny pal its the voice of the people. Just like when you vote for someone running for office just because your candidate loses you don't take it to court and get him pronounced the winner because some tyrant in a robe says so. We all lose some and we all win some. I wanted someone different running for Gov in my state but it didn't happen and I deal with that. Obviously its the liberals who want to overturn the will of the people. Homosexuals got to vote right along with everyone else in California they lost they need to get over it.
Too bad! As long as their are people being persecuted and denied rights based on bias, ignorance and homophobia, the people being persecuted have the right to take it to higher courts. That is Democracy in action. You get over it.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
So if CA people votes that blacks can't marry whites, your saying that it would become legal?

If CA people vote to deny state jobs to people of Italian heritage, your saying it would be legal?

If CA people vote to make it illegal for females to drive cars, your saying it' would be legal?

If CA people vote that only people over 40 can use the beach, your saying it would be legal?
Yes. Obviously that wouldn't happen so why worry about it? That is the problem with this country activist judges taking the law into their own hands. The people should be the end all of every question of controversy like this. The people said they didn't want it so that should be the end of it.Hopefully it makes it to the SC because if I remember correctly Conservatives still have a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies