Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Prop. 8: Judge Walker's bias will be overruled
"Judge Walker's ruling proves, however, that the American people were and are right to fear that too many powerful judges do not respect their views, or the proper limits of judicial authority.

Judge Walker has added insult to injury by suggesting that support for marriage is somehow irrational bigotry, akin to racial animus. The majority of Americans are not bigots or haters for supporting the commonsense view that marriage is the union of husband and wife, because children need moms and dads.

Judge Walker's view is truly a radical rejection of Americans' rights, our history and our institutions that will only fuel a popular rebellion now taking place against elites who are more interested in remaking American institutions than respecting them."
There's not a single word of truth in that entire piece of garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I wonder if a liberal can even admit that a gay couple cannot procreate. That two people of the same sex cannot produce a child,an dif they use some kind of scientific intervention, the child will still only biologically be related to one of the couple, not both.
I wonder when people will understand that biologically, it doesn't matter whether or not the kid belongs to both parents in the scenario in question.

Or that gay couples have proven to be just as good as hetero couples in terms of parenting.

Therefore, the "parenting" and children argument doesn't work against gay marriage anymore.

It only strengthens the case for homosexual marriage.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,516 times
Quote:
I wonder if a liberal can even admit that a gay couple cannot procreate. That two people of the same sex cannot produce a child,an dif they use some kind of scientific intervention, the child will still only biologically be related to one of the couple, not both.
Um, yeah your correct - so what? The same applies to a family of a mother with a child who is married to someone other than the father.

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times
Quote:

Who gives a damn? And what relevance could that possibly have? Millions of heterosexual couples cannot procreate, my husband and I among them. And guess what, when we adopt our foster child, he or she won't be biologically related to either of us! How that relates to whether or not we should be allowed to marry is utterly beyond my comprehension and completely absurd!

5,412 posts, read 4,243,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I wonder when people will understand that biologically, it doesn't matter whether or not the kid belongs to both parents in the question scenario.

Or that gay couples have proven to be just as good as hetero couples in terms of parenting.

Therefore, the "parenting" and children argument doesn't work against gay marriage anymore.

It only strengthens the case for homosexual marriage.
I'm not saying that it matters. My point is, is that a liberal cannot even admit something that is factually true. I don't think it should be a consideration for people to get married, but can you ADMIT that homosexuals cannot produce offspring?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that it matters. My point is, is that a liberal cannot even admit something that is factually true. I don't think it should be a consideration for people to get married, but can you ADMIT that homosexuals cannot produce offspring?
Biologically, no. Homosexuals cannot produce offspring. I know of no liberals that will deny this fact. However, that fact is completely irrelevant, and asinine to even bring up.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,853,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
No... his sexuality is not a reason to remove himself anymore than a heterosexual should since by this reasoning they could be biased against the plaintiff.
Yes it very much is on this case it is. Hence this thread.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,243,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Who gives a damn? And what relevance could that possibly have? Millions of heterosexual couples cannot procreate, my husband and I among them. And guess what, when we adopt our foster child, he or she won't be biologically related to either of us! How that relates to whether or not we should be allowed to marry is utterly beyond my comprehension and completely absurd!
But can you state something that is factually correct that is not politically correct, that homosexuals cannot produce offspring?

I just want to hear you say it.

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
If it doesn't matter, then why would you ask people to admit to something. That's like discussing whether we should send a manned mission to Mars, and in the middle of the discussion demanding that someone admit that the moon's orbit is degrading. Do you have a point, or not?

7,006 posts, read 6,999,365 times
Quote:
It's all part of the Gay Agenda, to brainwash people into thinking that the gay lifestyle is somehow normal and not an aberration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies