Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 08:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

So the FDA made the ruling...chemicals used in the Gulf are not a threat to seafood and don't remain in the fish for long and are not a health concern.

Since they saw the ingredients of Corexit and they are "smelling" the fish that's all they need to do. Must be great to just read a label and take a whiff of the fish to declare everything A-OK.

I can do that and so can every other American. So why do we even need the FDA ??

FDA: Chemical dispersants used in Gulf don't threaten seafood

"The FDA is not monitoring fish and shellfish for the presence of Corexit in seafood because it is not considered a health risk, Ireland said."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 09:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So the FDA made the ruling...chemicals used in the Gulf are not a threat to seafood and don't remain in the fish for long and are not a health concern.

Since they saw the ingredients of Corexit and they are "smelling" the fish that's all they need to do. Must be great to just read a label and take a whiff of the fish to declare everything A-OK.

I can do that and so can every other American. So why do we even need the FDA ??

"The FDA is not monitoring fish and shellfish for the presence of Corexit in seafood because it is not considered a health risk, Ireland said."
I see no reason why Nancy Pelosi doesn't serve exclusively Gulf seafood at the congressional lunchrooms. Lead by example Nanny; double dog dare ya!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I see no reason why Nancy Pelosi doesn't serve exclusively Gulf seafood at the congressional lunchrooms. Lead by example Nanny; double dog dare ya!
EVERY Day..I join you in that dare.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
scratch and sniff, smells good to me..

no realy when i heard that i nearly dropped a nut i here them saying ohh the gulf sea food is the best and safest sea food in the world. i doubt it,!!!! just the pollution from the mississipi would warrant suspicion. let alone all the oil infrastructure in the gulf. just imagine all the raw sewage flowing from mexico into the gulf...

Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Maybe a company such as Monsanto can bottle it and market it as marinade. The FDA also tells us that the pharmaceuticals are safe until enough people drop dead to make it mandatory to take it off the market. I think I'll pass on that seafood.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-06-2010 at 11:41 PM..

Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Don't trust them. Find something else to eat, and flavor it like seafood. Don't treat yourself like a human garbage can and be a guinea pig for the industry.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Shrimp marinated in Corexit, glazed with oil for a lustrous sheen and containing that healthy but not lethal dose of mercury with a side of GMO soybeans and a heaping glass of HFC laden soda.

Yummy, yummy

And the government wonders why we have health problems in America ??

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Let's waterboard Congress with Gulf Soup.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
BP is providing funding to ensure all Gulf seafood comes with it's own dipstick...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies